Shadow Priest + ??? for arena in 3.1

The name of the topic prety mutch is the whole question.

What setup (including a Shadow Priest) will be the best setup for 2v2? 3v3? and also why?

Re: Shadow Priest + ??? for arena in 3.1

Rogue.

Stuns, dots, fear, burst dmg.

Basically a load of CC and backuphealing if needed.

Well that or maybe a mage... Could very well work. Stabil CC, hard nuke... A frost mage and shadow priest could be mad fun imo But some other spec proberly would work better.

You got silence, cs, sheep, fear, fireblast, dragon breath everything interrupts. + living bomb in your dots that are now protected you can "guard" it.... Well im 100% gonna try shadow/mage after 3.1
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

My roomate is play Spriest, Resto Shaman, Warlock 3s

The team is very very good, full dots on multiple people pretty much overwhelms most healers except for pallies in primarily pve gear

Next patch it should be even better thanks to Shadowpriests getting dispel protection on VT.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

How will a shadowpriest and a BM hunter will do in 2's after the patch?

I dunno, I think a Frost DK / Sp would be interesting.
    Theres alot of CC/snares between the two: Chains, Frost Fever(chill), D Grip, Hungering Cold, Pschye Scream, and Horror.
    3 spell interupts: Silence, Strangulate, and Mind freeze.
    Both classes can heal themselfs through Dmg: Deathstrike and VE
    Both Have DoT's: DK Diseases, VT, SW:P, and Devouring Plague.

The Dk could Play alot of D, keeping melee off the spriest. 14secs of spell lock on the heals and the DPS CC'd out his ass, should be plenty of time to Burn somebody; I mean 4+ DoT's, 2 Pets, a mellee and a Sp going all out should be enough to kill SOMEBODY in 14secs!

A fun combo would be UA Lock and Spirest like back in Season one Dots + Dot protection. Back up heals plus when played well good CC, Survive of course this is when played well

15+ Year Old Account

Shadow dance is the way to go for 3v3s.

5v5 I'd say SP+UA+resto shaman+ whatever else that adds some CC to the team.

2v2 I'm going to try UA+SP and I'm really hoping that it'll be working again after these changes. But I've heard that SP+Frost DK comp might work as well, never tried it personally though. SP/Rogue has been around for a while and will be in future.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Probably Rogue.

Shadow Priest survivability is still terrible. Without a Rogue to constantly peel things off you, you're going to get destroyed in arenas. Psychic Horror isn't enough to save us. I don't think Warlocks have the ability to peel well enough to be good partners.
    Also with our DoTs being nerfed in PvP, I can't see our damage doing well either.

If anyone disagrees and thinks Psychic Horror is amazing and will make us survive melee burst, go watch Menismyforte dueling on the PvP PTR. He gets completely wrecked more often than not in duels.

Deleted

im gona try shadow and frost mage..

and if it dose not work back to dics!

Deleted

Probably SP + Rogue.

Our damage is getting a PVP nerf due to ressillince. Dots are now double reduced by it.

Our survival is still horribad, better than before, but still bloody awfull.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    If anyone disagrees and thinks Psychic Horror is amazing and will make us survive melee burst, go watch Menismyforte dueling on the PvP PTR. He gets completely wrecked more often than not in duels.
    So looking at some guy I never heard of dueling on a realm that has 1000+ ms ping is proof enough we'll suck or I got something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    More often than not?

So he is actually winning some matches?

Seems like a hell of a buff to me.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

SP + Rogue (of course)

SP + UA (will make a comeback)

SP + Resto Shaman (Finally a healer comp.)

come next patch, we'll work insanely well paired with healers, we have more than enough CC and damage to provide that. Think of playing with a resto shaman. First 1 minute of match you're just playing passively, maybe putting pressure sometimes to force few emergency quick healers. After that minute has passed, you wait for a perfect opportunity to set up a kill and when it happens, shaman hexes whatever target you need CC'd, pops bloodlust, you start doing your shit, fear when hex expires, then horror and then silence. More than enough time to kill something. Its quite a sick burst, especially if you pop shadowfiend before bloodlust. Little guy hits for 1.5k, with bloodlust its 1.5k every 1 second. Something IS gonna die :P

Also the real beauty is that you can't really get trained, seeing resto shamans and SPs are quite durable targets, especially when paired together. Plate teams won't have a clue on how to play versus you. Also resto shamans can help out dps so... Also, you got every dispel in the game. Magic, curse, disease, poison. Its going to be sick probably.

^ From Lolflay

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    More often than not?

So he is actually winning some matches?

Seems like a hell of a buff to me.
    The only matches I specifically remember him winning were against an Arms Warrior and a Holy Paladin. He lost all duels against DKs, Fury Warriors, Retadins, Rogues, and Enhance Shamans. He didn't fight a Feral Druid while I was there, but I'd assume he'd lose to one of those as well.

He was one of the most well known/top rated Shadow Priests in S3/S4.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    SP + Rogue (of course)

SP + UA (will make a comeback)

SP + Resto Shaman (Finally a healer comp.)

come next patch, we'll work insanely well paired with healers, we have more than enough CC and damage to provide that. Think of playing with a resto shaman. First 1 minute of match you're just playing passively, maybe putting pressure sometimes to force few emergency quick healers. After that minute has passed, you wait for a perfect opportunity to set up a kill and when it happens, shaman hexes whatever target you need CC'd, pops bloodlust, you start doing your shit, fear when hex expires, then horror and then silence. More than enough time to kill something. Its quite a sick burst, especially if you pop shadowfiend before bloodlust. Little guy hits for 1.5k, with bloodlust its 1.5k every 1 second. Something IS gonna die :P

Also the real beauty is that you can't really get trained, seeing resto shamans and SPs are quite durable targets, especially when paired together. Plate teams won't have a clue on how to play versus you. Also resto shamans can help out dps so... Also, you got every dispel in the game. Magic, curse, disease, poison. Its going to be sick probably.

^ From Lolflay
    I don't think that team will make a comeback, fear isn't that of a good CC, almost every class has a skill to break or prevent the skill, making you have less CC, and Wlock's are pretty squishy vs Melee, they'll most likely lose to any team with a rogue in it, i can only kill rogue's with ease in 1v1, but 2v1 (sap+blind) is hard, and there are much rogue teams,, and we won't survive the burst from DK+anything

I played a Spriest/UA lock combo in season one and got gladiator. I plan on doing this again come 3.1. A disc/destro will be the dual.