Thread: Mind Flay Glyph

Mind Flay Glyph

I was thinking that they have the Mind Flay Glyph the wrong way round... It seems odd to me that we have to use a major glyph slot just to increase the range of our highest damage spell to be something that is useful.

I propose that Mind Flay should be a base of 30yd range with a 10% snare and you can glyph it to a base of 20yd range for a 50% snare.

I guess this only has the effect of freeing up 1 glyph slot in pve but to me it makes a lot more sense.

Re: Mind Flay Glyph

/shrug.

Could just make it a minor, similar to Glyph of Thunderstorm.

and whats about the pvp shadowpriests?
    mindflay slows for over 4 years now
    very bad idea imo

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Theedy
    very bad idea imo
    Indeed. There are only 2 good PVE-DPS glyphs anyway so its no problem using the mf glyph in a pve raid. In pvp though there are lots of good glyphs to choose from, so mf couldn't make the cut there.

Though I agree that it would be more fitting as a minor glyph (even the one on the live realms now).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

PvE glyph should add the damage component to the range change, somewhere in terms 5% damage increase on top of range change.
    I do disagree that the base should be 10% snare, 30 yard range. That way you'd be forced to gylph MF for pvp, leaving you only 2 major glyphs available, out of which one is glyph of SWP.

Quote Originally Posted by Theedy
    and whats about the pvp shadowpriests?
    mindflay slows for over 4 years now
    very bad idea imo
    Mindflay might slow, but you're a stopped target while you cast it. Doesn't matter much either way. I agree though, make it a minor, and glyph Death for a PvE major. Tada!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Newsflash: you're static target for VT and MB too. Your point?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I was thinking that they have the Mind Flay Glyph the wrong way round... It seems odd to me that we have to use a major glyph slot just to increase the range of our highest damage spell to be something that is useful.

I propose that Mind Flay should be a base of 30yd range with a 10% snare and you can glyph it to a base of 20yd range for a 50% snare.

I guess this only has the effect of freeing up 1 glyph slot in pve but to me it makes a lot more sense.
    It was brought up couple of times during beta but never got dev's attention. Anyway right now you can look at the bright side: you have one free glyph spot in case you are going to pvp with your sp.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

During the WotLK Beta, Mind Flay had a base 30 yard range at one point. That was back when Deep Freeze had a cast time though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.