Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    SWD is crap, if you use it you are crap.

END OF DISCUSSION
    You are crap.

END OF DISCUSSION

Actually the issue with SW came up again recently on Elitist Jerks.

If you're missing *only* a GCD before a Mind Blast (not other spells), it's more efficiency to not cast anything and wait for the Mind Blast cooldown to be ready.

Simply because the largest dps raiser is to get more Mind Blasts off than before.

I fully tested this the other night and it did gave me a 300 dps increment since I got quite a few extra Mind Blasts off compared to normal.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Actually the issue with SW came up again recently on Elitist Jerks.

If you're missing *only* a GCD before a Mind Blast (not other spells), it's more efficiency to not cast anything and wait for the Mind Blast cooldown to be ready.

Simply because the largest dps raiser is to get more Mind Blasts off than before.

I fully tested this the other night and it did gave me a 300 dps increment since I got quite a few extra Mind Blasts off compared to normal.
    Very interesting. I shall try this on monday too.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Considering most spriests are happy to use the PP values posted at www.shadowpriest.com which use the data presented from simulationcraft... then why does simulationcraft still post numbers that show SW in the rotation as higher dps than no SW?

I've yet to see anyone post an objective opinion about the use of SW... just saying SW is useless isn't actually presenting a fact or any statistical data.

SW still has uses, it should be used when you will have exactly 1 GCD's worth of time leading up to your MB comming off CD. It should also be used when you need to move and with myself being a troll I use it as a way to get more benefit out of beserking when possible.

And before this gets picked apart, I dont believe you should use SW every 12sec or the moment it comes off CD. There are select times in your priority when it becomes a good option. In addition the more haste you stack the less useful it becomes because clipping MF after 2 ticks becomes an increasingly better option with large amounts of haste.

Lastly SW will eventually be dropped for 2 ticks of MF but it won't happen with the current teir of gear... its more likely to occur towards the end of Uludar... which is something simulationcraft pointed out at the start of LK.

I suppose it depends on your haste. If you have enough haste to get two ticks out of Mind Flay in one GCD, then it will be better than SW, but if you only have enough for one tick then SW would do more damage with the GCD.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    SW still has uses, it should be used when you will have exactly 1 GCD's worth of time leading up to your MB comming off CD. It should also be used when you need to move and with myself being a troll I use it as a way to get more benefit out of beserking when possible.
    Most people do this and have been doing this for a while now, common sense says use it while moving or when your MB is just about off CD. However as you said, using SW in a standard rotation is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Considering most spriests are happy to use the PP values posted at www.shadowpriest.com which use the data presented from simulationcraft... then why does simulationcraft still post numbers that show SW in the rotation as higher dps than no SW?
    Because simulationcraft simulates a perfect environment.
    Real life rarely turns out like the simulation.

From a practical perspective, the damage difference is moot, and can wary from day to day.

5250 on a 2m45s Patchwerk. No Ele Shaman / Moonkin buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Because simulationcraft simulates a perfect environment.
    Real life rarely turns out like the simulation.

From a practical perspective, the damage difference is moot, and can wary from day to day.
    Thats not the reason at all. The only time SWD comes ahead in simulation craft is when you're using the 4 piece bonus. And since only 2 of 5 of tier 7.5 is any good, the 4 piece bonus isn't worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie
    5250 on a 2m45s Patchwerk. No Ele Shaman / Moonkin buffs.
    I would love to see a wws link to this. Otherwise, as they say: screenshot or it didn't happen.

5437 dps on a 2.45 kill, still missing quite alot bis items thou
    http://wowwebstats.com/c4nqqsc2zykc5?s=719714-751059