Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Shadowpriests highest DPS

What's the most you shadowpriests our there have put out when it comes to a static dps fight, like patchwerk?
    I've seen a few priests reaching 5.4-5.5k dps, although I've only reached 5.2k.
    I normally run without flasks or anything, and my computer is pretty bad at the moment, resulting in low fps.
    On a normal patchwerk kill I do around 4.7k dps.

So, what's your highest output?

Re: Shadowpriest max DPS?

On a 2 min 59 seconds run, 5.1k, can't go over it.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    What buffs did you get to reach those numbers (if you got any special ones that is).
    Other classes can do better, they scale better than us. I usually don't even make it top 7 under normal circumstances (where guildies focus instead of slacking).

Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

I myself only gotten around 5.2k best, though I don't have Illustration or Torch of Holy Fire.
    I pop Shadow Fiend and Wild Magic Potion timing it with Heroism to get a little dps boost.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    what spell rotations do you use
    iam playing on my shadowpriest, it's not well geared yet,
    on an voa heroic raid i had 2.4dps
    using mindblast when cd is over and keep ve/vt/swp up all time
    and mindflay and swd when i have all on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikker
    and mindflay and swd when i have all on cd.
    swd=bad

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    What buffs did you get to reach those numbers (if you got any special ones that is).
    Other classes can do better, they scale better than us. I usually don't even make it top 7 under normal circumstances (where guildies focus instead of slacking).
    I usually hover around 5.2 to 5.4k on Patchwerk, with my highest being 5,586 dps.

I got pretty much the best possible gear (except the helm from Malygos, I still have the T7.25). I got all the possible raid buffs (boomking, totems, heroism, etc...), I use flask of the frostwyrm, tender shoveltusk food and a potion of wild magic that I pop during heroism.

I think that's the later that will give you a boost as your guild improve. The faster you can kill Patchwerk, the more time (relatively) you spend under the effect of wildmagic/heroism i.e. if you could kill Patchwerk in 30 seconds, then 50% of that time you would be under heroism/wild magic.

I usually charge up my illustration of the dragon soul by healing myself before the pull, then I hit shadowform just as we pull so I start with the extra spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Gande
    swd=bad
    why no swd, ve heals you enough the dmg you get from it.

swd isnt a negative spell due to the recoil but due to the scale....you'll have a higher sustained dps not using swd

as for highest dps on patches ive only hit 4.8k but that was on a 4:15 fight >.< and i was top dps xD...yea me guild is full of nuts

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bikker
    why no swd, ve heals you enough the dmg you get from it.
    Upon a certain haste and spellpower level, 1 tick of mindflay does more damage than swd. That's why you stop using it.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

only use mind flay if you have to move and don't have anything else to cast while moving.
    I'm wondering if you reach those 5.5k numbers by having focus magic etc?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    only use mind flay if you have to move and don't have anything else to cast while moving.
    I'm wondering if you reach those 5.5k numbers by having focus magic etc?
    No idea if mages are putting focus magic on me, but with only around 28% crit raid buffed, I think they would be better with someone else. Anyways, I never asked for it.

As far as I know, I think the highest number for a shadowpriest on Patchwerk is just over 5.8k (from the WWS record page thingy). But that may be on one of those crazy short 1min30secs fights some guilds can put out now. As the fight is getting even shorter, I would not be surprised to see someone breaking 6k eventually. With such short fights, RNG starts to have some effect, with trinket procs during heroism also making a big difference and being lucky with crits.

I'm usually around 5.4k - 5.7k on Patchwerk, over 5k on almost every other encounter where you can stand and dps a bit. 5591 last week on Patchwerk, 20 man run. Got some upgrades since then (maly helm + wrists from sarth), gonna try to break 5.9k tomorrow.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Some WWS logs of dps over 5.5k would be interesting. Because 5.9k would require a extremly short fight and a exceptional group setup.

It's just not normal.

But since dps is so group related, I usually find it rather meh, and focus more on doing the job. Who cares if you do high patchwerk dps if you still die to firewalls on Sartharion ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Some WWS logs of dps over 5.5k would be interesting. Because 5.9k would require a extremly short fight and a exceptional group setup.

It's just not normal.

But since dps is so group related, I usually find it rather meh, and focus more on doing the job. Who cares if you do high patchwerk dps if you still die to firewalls on Sartharion ;-)

Well yeah but when you're done on everything you can in PvE for the moment and still have to clear that goodamn naxx again you should be sure you are having fun, somehow.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

im doing ~5k DPS on Patch. With Flask and food. we do have every possible support for caster (ele shaman boomkin etc...)

Ive got good gear but the most importents ones i dont have Maly head, Kel mace and sarth trinket & back)
    Those 3 items would push my Spellpower by (40+73+20) 133 :/ thats alot for 3 items :X

Our avg killtime is 3min coz we do naxx with 6-7 Healers (imortal trys ..)

5.5-6k dps is possible with ~2min Killtime i guess?

I didn't have focus magic. We had a moonkin, elemental shaman and I had flask + food. I didn't use swd. I started with 2 mind flays which I broke in order to get 4x shadow weaving up fast. I used VT + DP, MB+ SWP then, refreshed when needed etc, the usual. I'm a few items away from the best gear (torch, offhand, bracers, neck missing).

I simply cannot go over 5k dps on static, full nuke fight. If it lasted less, such as 2 minutes, I assume that because of the higher heroism uptime - my dps would be higher.

I saw wws parses of patchwerk that lasted 1:15 min where mages had sick dps such as 11k.. I'll try to dig it up and post it.

WOW i feel so gimped. Im lucky to get 3k DPS on patchwork. I must be doing somthing wrong.

Im not the best geared but working on it. I still have some of my healing gear i use untill i get more shadow.

here is my armory tips are welcomed

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Sargmastif

SW is still worth casting while moving, so it isn't completely useless.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

But you're not exactly moving at Patchwerk, are you?

Lenerien - your entire gear is wrong. Spellpower is really low, no head with metagem, offhand is wrong etc. Compared to mine, you're nearly 500 spellpower behind. Raid buffed, I'm having 2600 spellpower (will check the exact number tomorrow). It's no wonder you're doing 3k dps, getting better gear will definitely improve that.