New Build for Upcoming Patch?

As of right now, I am running with the standard CoH build on my holy priest. I was looking at the new talent trees out for the upcoming patch and looking for some recommendations for a new build. I know there is generally a cookie cutter build that usually surfaces and wondered if any knew it yet? I generally like to look at standard builds, then make my own variation of it according to what I like. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Re: New Build for Upcoming Patch?

There is no cookie cutter build anymore; there are more talents worth picking in the holy tree than you have available talents to spare in a 14/57/0 build. There are however talents that are less worthy than the rest.

I personally think that:
    - The new Test of Faith is extremely weak compared to its neighbours.
    - Empowered Healing is redundant as you get more gear; your single target heals are big enough anyway.
    - Serendipity after the latest nerf is not really amazing anymore either; 36% casttime reduction is absolutely notable but you can definitively live without.
    - Holy Reach is still very sub-par, but I like to stay marginally further back.
    - Searing Light, Blessed Recovery and Body and Soul are of course completely useless in PVE.

What you might want to check out is:
    - Mental Agility is really great for holy priests after it became cheaper, but getting it will cost you 4 points from the holy tree. 18/53/0 is expensive.
    - Might even want to go for mental strength; unless your gear is top-notch, you will have severe mana issues in 3.1.
    - Blessed Resilience is actually okay for PVE now.

Ultimately, I think it's a bit early yet to decide on a spec, things will change a lot still.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I think we'll see quite a lot of variation, but I like the new Test of Faith, the crit on the old version didn't work with surged Flash Heals which is a very common cast on someone low on health.

This version is also without maxed Renew, which is certainly another thing I will try out. Holy Reach? Meh, never been a fan.

14/57/0

ok so this is based on PTR 9658 build so if more changes come it will prob change aswell. for PVE holy spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9658

-2 points in divine providence can be switched out for 2 more in holy specialization but i think the reduced 16% cooldown on mending in most cases would be more useful than 2% more crit, though depending on your current crit rating this may be different for you

-silent resolve only has 1 point but u can take the points out of imp fort if u are not the only priest with it in the raid. this is based on my perception as i am a profound user of fade as well as gemmed for 2% reduce threat in my helms meta

-with PoH being castable on groups now, Healing Prayers is very useful as well as the PoH glyph

- serendipity and test of faith can be swapped if needed depending on your mp5, though withe the nerf to the out of casting regeneration i personally feel serendipity is more useful

-surge of light is optional aswell depending on ur crit rating (this comes back to 2 points in divine providence can be switched out for 2 more in holy specialization)

again this is based of my personal play style and is up for discussion, any suggestions are welcome

- on an added note hoyl reach is usefull since groups are not always together

It comes down to play style like above posters mentioned. There is to many worthy talents now that we actually have to make decisions on what to choose.

For my first attempt at Ulduar i will probably try this out:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9658
    If puchbacks are not an issue i will first chop off Healing Focus but imo better to be safe than sorry the first few times entering a new raid.

If I have mana problems then i will try something similar to this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9658
    I don't really like this spec but it adds 15% total int, 10% reduced mana on instants, and 30% on shield

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

14/57/0 - no Imp Fort cause thats the disc priests job

(this is my progression guild raid spec - not a 5 man heroic spec)

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro

Threat reduction and dispell resistance over 4% stam?

I have never had a problem with threat and on the off occasion i do theirs fade. Idno if Ulduar bosses will dispel alot but i wouldn't bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Healbot411
    Threat reduction and dispell resistance over 4% stam?

I have never had a problem with threat and on the off occasion i do theirs fade. Idno if Ulduar bosses will dispel alot but i wouldn't bank on it.
    You dont get that talent for the dispel resist; you get it for the threat reduction.

4% extra stam for me is kind of silly (in a PvE build) when I shouldn't be taking any direct damage. The health I have raid buffed is enough to cover me on aoe and/or random damage.

And if you're working on new content, threat reduction is nice. If the only thing I was doing was casting heals on the MT then it probably wouldn't be needed. But thats not the case.

Seeing as its really just a filler talent i guess its more preference. If threat is a problem i will switch points over, but imo if OT doesn't pick up adds in 15 seconds of fade, then I want a new tank. Plus the fact I might not have another priest in the raid (mainly 10 mans) the 15% boots to fort is nice for the raid.

If I were primarily doing 10 mans and 5 man heroics I would definately get imp fort because chances are, I'm the only priest.

Spirit is now a base buff learned at 32? And no longer adds spell power.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9658

This is the spec that I'm going for Ulduar unless theres some amazing new development or if PoH becomes OP

You must be in a hardcore guild then, always having at least 1 disc priest. If all priests are holy with that spec, you'd have a problem. Also, Test of Faith gets used a lot, especially as raidhealer. And WTF, no Blessed Resilience?

Apart from that, as a real raider, people do tend to die, so why not take Minor Glyph of Fortitude for in-fight Fort buffing? You can easily drop Glyph of Fading since you already have -14% threat from Silent Resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco
    You must be in a hardcore guild then, always having at least 1 disc priest.
    Ok...we are...we do...

If all priests are holy with that spec, you'd have a problem.
    There's only 1 other core raider Holy Priest in the guild besides myself...whether or not he decides to get the talent is up to him. Obviously, if the people you raid with are going to depend on you to bring Imp Fort to the raids...then do it. Fort buffing is not my responsibility.

For a Holy PvE build with Imp Fort I would recommend This variation of 14/57/0. It's a simple shuffle of 2 points.

Also, Test of Faith gets used a lot,
    If you're relying on ToF "A lot"...then you're doing it wrong.

And WTF, no Blessed Resilience?
    What do you recommend I drop for BR?

Apart from that, as a real raider, people do tend to die, so why not take Minor Glyph of Fortitude for in-fight Fort buffing?
    Are you serious? In-fight buffing?

4% extra stam for me is kind of silly (in a PvE build) when I shouldn't be taking any direct damage.
    And yet you continue to put points into Desperate Prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marticol
    And yet you continue to put points into Desperate Prayer.
    Because comparing a max hp pool to an instant cast heal that costs only 1 talent point and can crit is like comparing apples to apples rite?

If something is going to 1 shot me in a PvE encounter, it's not going to make a difference if I have 20k hp or 20.8k hp.