Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

I have used healbot for quite some time and know a few people who use grid+clique and i was wondering is it any better then healbot and of so why? Im not worried about the looks but the actual functionality of it.

Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

Boy, another one of these threads

Really it's just down to personal choice. I use grid+clique myself, I like the look of the minimalistic raidframes, and I can pretty much customise them to show exactly what I need to see with no extraneous clutter.

Having said that, i know some of our raid healers use healbot, and they still do a damn fine job. I'd imagine, from a functionality point of view, that either set-up is pretty capable of doing anything the other can do anyway as long as you know the ins and outs of the mod itself.

If you're comfortable with healbot and your CL/RL don't have any issues with the job you're doing then it's no big deal either way to be honest.

<edit> I should add that my main is a Holy Pally, but really that has little relevance to the fundamentals of the healing functionality we're discussing here anyway.

Great post above

/agree

Very easy to set up Grid (or other frames) + clique and I personally also have very small raid frames ... functionaility is the same as far as I can gather

Forgive me please, I am a new Priest...

I am not sure if this is part of HealBot or not, but when I am casting a heal on a target the amount healed will show up shaded on the targets health bar...is this possible with Grid as well?

Yes, the estimated amount of your heal will show up on the grid frames as a shaded area before the heal itself lands. I'm guessing it'll be pretty similar to how Healbot works, although I've never used that add-on myself.

At the moment that I'm writing this, there is another post on the very 1st page of the Priest forum that addresses this same issue. Its currently just 11 posts down. Its called "Questions about Healbot".

I personally recommend trying both. If 95% of everyone that played wow likes "Mod A" and only 5% likes "Mod B" there's a chance that you might be one of the 5% that like "Mod B".

I would like to take the chance to recommend pitbull as well.

Grid is a great addon. I kinda dislike some of its layout ideas (while most of them are great, like high contrast bright deficit backgrounds!), but there is no denying that it's an easy-to-use and powerful addon.

Pitbull is a unitframe replacement that also have raidframes. Both pitbull and grid have all features you will ever want in any addon. The main difference is that pitbull is way more configurable - in fact it will take you the better part of a week to be configured the way you want it to be. But once you spend that time, you will never want to look at anything else.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

You mentioned that you wanted an addon that shows the estimated amount healed before the heal lands. Xperl unit fames do this as well, although they are better for heroics than raid healing.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I used to use Healbot. It bugs out a lot in various ways (casting the wrong spell when I click, and significant delay before damage shows up on it were the main two). Got tired of it. Switched to Grid + Clique and never looked back.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I have played with both, as a Holy Paladin. While I personally prefer Healbot, Grid+Clique also worked perfectly well. My roomate plays a Resto Druid, and he swears by Healbot. In the case of a HOT class it is much easier to see both buffs and debuffs through healbot than Grid.

My only other experience with both, is that Grid+Clique seems to be far more forgiving if you are using an older computer and don't have the system resources to spare.

ive been a healbot user for a long time. Ive tried Grid+Clique and im sure if i used it longer i would see the benifits but. I cant see PoM when i cast it with Grid. Maybe i didnt set it up right. And when i cast a sheild the icon in grid are subpar. with healbot i can see the icons clean and clear. So i went back to healbot. I dont want to have to add more addons to Grid+Clique.

Im sure ill try it again. Ill just have to have both of them up incase i start to fail.

Whichever you prefer is the one you should use, honestly.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

i use perfectraid, because it's really simple/plain, and because i can make it really small.

How about you don't let the game play itself for you? Wow I swear, MMO players are so fucking lazy now and have to rely on mods to do everything for them.

Quote Originally Posted by papermoonshine
    How about you don't let the game play itself for you? Wow I swear, MMO players are so fucking lazy now and have to rely on mods to do everything for them.
    If you're healing without some kind of healing mod, I'm not bringing you to my raid. Ever. Period.

True story.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

The first raid I healed in 3 years was my guilds first 10man Twilight Zone, where I used Flash Heals, CoH, and Grid.

Grid setup to show no numbers or anything.

Healing without mods is perfectly easy (oh and... nightfall is easy tbh.)

I have a question regarding the use of Clique.

Obviously I setup the left and right mouse button clicks to perform a heal - but then when I click on player portrait it casts the spells - ie. I can't right click on my portrait to leave a raid group without casting a heal... :S

Any advice?

Writing your own mouseover macros tailored to your preference and needs > Clique.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesentinel

Obviously I setup the left and right mouse button clicks to perform a heal - but then when I click on player portrait it casts the spells - ie. I can't right click on my portrait to leave a raid group without casting a heal... :S

Any advice?
    Instead of setting it up as just a click make it a shift +click or ctrl/alt whatever feels best for you then your click to target will not try and cast a heal.
    I have never used healbot so im only speaking from using clique and grid that for a fist time user grid has a lot of options to sort thru and it may take awhile to work out how to get it all sorted out. I had issues with having a Curse as Center icon and as a pally i could not cleanse it, was not able to work out how to change it so at times could not see Party r raid members HP.

altruistic

Quote Originally Posted by Thesentinel

Any advice?
    Don't ever set a spell to left click. Use modifiers like shift left click.

And for right clicking if you want a spell there then you can always use /script LeaveParty() .
    Make a macro for it if you get tired of typing it out.