Awesome not-new and not-going-to-happen buff!

Holy
    This is something that would actually make a difference in a critical situation, low mana, etc, giving a final push, let Spirit of Redemption be castable. Instant cast, 10 minute cooldown, kill yourself. Get your free heals for X seconds, but this also refreshes the cooldown on Guardian Spirit and Lightwell. :O

~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Re: Awesome not-new and not-going-to-happen buff!

Nice idea, its not new and prolly wont happen, but we are allowed to dream right? Also in this case the SoR should last more than the 16(glyphed iirc) seconds...maybe 20 or 25. Would be sweet.

I remember back in the early days of TBC. I was constantly OOM.
    One of the ways of getting myself more mana was to try to kill myself on purpose at times, because that meant 15 more seconds of tank healing. A good tank could make that health last for a very long time.

When people are actually that desperate for mana, something is amiss.

That said - I'd love a suicide button. Because if 3.1 is going to be remotely like early TBC, I'm going to need it. But it's probably too OP in PVP. You know, can't have holypriests suiciding when they see a rogue. That would deprive rogues of their free HK :P

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

They call this "Standing in the cleave." It's on a 5-10 second cast time and can only be cast in front of the mob the MT is tanking.
    Variations on it are also called "Standing in the fire" and "Shadow Word : Death"

Stupid idea, abusable in arena, no real need for it in pve whatsoever.

There goes Immortal

*PFEEEEE*

Confetti Explosion!
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Not really sure how this would be overpowered in arena, considering it would be a Holy talent (assuming a deep one). Would be very useful in 3v3 and 5v5, making Holy just a little more tempting.

I agree though, I don't think it's needed in PvE.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Because when you kill the priest, it's totally not gonna SoR anyway.

The only occasion I can see it being useful is if you're about to get locked down with Silences or Stuns so they can kill your partner/s. In which case I must ask... why aren't you wrecking the holy priest? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    Not really sure how this would be overpowered in arena, considering it would be a Holy talent (assuming a deep one). Would be very useful in 3v3 and 5v5, making Holy just a little more tempting.

I agree though, I don't think it's needed in PvE.
    Let's see - priest goes in, fires the fear, survives for a few seconds, pops GS and VOILA - let's kill the priest all over again. During that time, priests' teammates peel off the attackers. Priest dies, PoMs, Renews, heals and pops GS on someone. You really think there wouldn't be 5v5 teams with 2 or even 3 holy priests if there existed an ability to reset GS?

Yes?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.