Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lightwell Change Proposal

Bold face if you just want to get right to it. *Edit for better wording*

Lightwell is one of the best heals in the game in theory but unfortunately, no one ever really uses it. Maybe because it's so inconvenient to click it and then to go back to doing your previous job. And in raids, people only think about using it when their healers are dead. It's a great heal but highly inconvenient. If your healers are alive, DPS and Tanks and even other healers have no need for using it as you should be getting heals anyway. In addition, getting healed by the lightwell takes away your current target, adding to the inconvenience. In PvP, outside of wintergrasp to heal other people not in your raid group, it's not very good as it has a tiny health pool and even in pvp, you're more occupied with killing your targets and CCing what you can.

The only time lightwell seems to be beneficial is when you're silenced or in duels. And getting silenced pve is generally avoidable and any type of silence isn't the doom of you. Anub'Rekhan, the silence is avoidable and even if you do get silenced, just calling it out allows the other healers to pick up your slack should you fall.

So how about a change in lightwell to make it less inconvenient. How about giving it a brain or a smart heal. Or Something to change how it works because they way it's working now, no one uses it. 3 min at a time it stays there and you're lucky if someone uses it once in that time (and generally it's me if I'm too lazy to binding heal).

We need a change in lightwell. How about making it a passive healer. For example, Cast a lightwell which lasts for 3 minutes. If a target gets below X% (like 50%) within the radius of the lightwell by X (EG. 30) yards, it automatically applies the lightwell renew to them and removes 1 charge, last 10 charges. Or something like that. That sounds like something unique and useful which and convenient for all people getting hit in raid.

/discuss, like it yes no? any other ideas?

Any other ideas I'm open to suggestions because right now I'm using Lightwell as a marker for where to stand to not get hit by flame wall. A job easily replaced by a smoke flare.

*Edit 3/17* Something no one has mentioned. There will have to be some kind of cooldown the lightwell itself will need have because it could just use all 10 charges at once on 10 different raid members, for example during a decimate from gluth. That pretty much means 10 heals healing for 4K every 2 sec for 6 sec. A little OP as a raid recovery and too much like old school Divine Hymn, but better.

*Edit 3/17 again* In addition, during what can be described only as a cluster uh.... idk about monitors so I won't say it but you know what I mean, 25 people in 1 area + all the trash or other mobs means lightwell's effective healing is gone because it becomes unclickable. If there was a like my bold text above, it would be able to heal people w/o the problem of clickability.

Re: Lightwell Change Proposal

Personally I'd be happy with it being a unfocusable object like a Soul Well.

I could see some use for it in Ulduar, but it's to difficult to hit, and annoying to find your previous target afterwards.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbzie
    We need a change in lightwell. How about making it a passive healer. For example, if a target gets below X% (like 50%) within the radius of X (EG. 30) yards, it automatically applies the lightwell renew to them and removes 1 charge.
    I like it ..

Bump for more trafficking. I'd really like to know if lightwell is just like gnomish engineering, a gimmick more than something useful, or if anyone has an opinion on what my LW would do.

Lightwell needs one of two things in my opinion. Either something passive such as giving the main effect a passive trigger like in the OP's example here or a passive side-effect, or some sort of boon for actively using it in addition to the hot.

I think a lot of raid-members have had the following experience with the spell, "I stopped my dps to run over and click the lightwell when the aoe damage hit. A second later a Chain Heal or something got me to full health anyway. We have good raid-healers - why bother?"

Making the healing trigger passively on low health is a great idea and could interact very well with Test of Faith if it happens on say 30%. Another idea would be to give it a short range, like 10 yards, on this effect but proc on smaller hits, so that placement would still be important and you could focus it on a tank or so. If it also got a graphic effect when proccing like this, like an arc of light from the well to the target, then more kudos to Blizzard.

It would be cool if they made it a small ish range and people had to run into the lightwell range...there are fights where it would definitely be nice

Oh yeah, it could proc both if you are hurt and run into range and if you're getting hurt while standing in range. Then just have the glyph add more charges and we have a very neat lolwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    Oh yeah, it could proc both if you are hurt and run into range and if you're getting hurt while standing in range. Then just have the glyph add more charges and we have a very neat lolwell.
    Except I still know quite a few dumbasses who wouldn't go anywhere near it. "Running over there is less dps!" Yeah, I know, retards. But hey, I'm stuck with them. >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Just make it be a non-moving "pet," maybe with a strong HoT and small instant heal. Something to pop when you're oom, or another healer dies, or things just get intense. I think that would be really fun.

I always thought that making it an area that, upon entering, instantly grants you the HoT. There would need to be a debuff (say 8-10 seconds) that prevents you from getting the heal again and taking all the charges.

ya, now that I think about it, 30 yard radius is kinda OP but lightwell seriously needs a change.

Hey, a pet is actually a nice idea! Lets have a "holyfiend" prancing around the raid and HoTing the ones we order him to. Meanwhile we can regen, or help the poor guy with our own HoTs.

I like this idea.

However how about an addition to also make Divine Hymn and Lightwell both actively used in our raids once more, why not tie them in together?

How about sticking with your amend to the spell, but when Divine Hymn is used in conjunction with a Lightwell, Divine energy surges (im thinking penance spell effects) from the well (5 blasts every 3 seconds for say a total duration of 9 seconds which will keep the channeling affect) to all raid members who require healing (ie smart heal).

So in affect this would create a channeled style "tranquility" aoe affect over 9 seconds, smart healing the lowest 5 raid members every 3 seconds. Of course the cooldown will have to be increased to say 10 - 15 minutes to stop the terrible waterfall of tears from the druids.

This would improve 2 of the spells in our arsenal which from experience are lacklustre at best.

Yeah the discipline priests may be a tad grumpy at not benefitting from the full potential of Divine Hymn since they cant take Lightwell (well they can ofc but not without damaging their specs) - but they are allready receiving some lovely buffs and improvements.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhesenamun
    Thoughts?
    A little complicated. I'd also be hesitant to use a 10-15 minute cooldown, because I'm not sure if it'd be better to hold onto it for a few more seconds (getting one last heal off before hand, etc.).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbzie

We need a change in lightwell. How about making it a passive healer. For example, Cast a lightwell which lasts for 3 minutes. If a target gets below X% (like 50%) within the radius of the lightwell by X (EG. 30) yards, it automatically applies the lightwell renew to them and removes 1 charge, last 10 charges.
    I like it.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

The OP's idea is great. When I'm holy, I do spec into lightwell and order my guildies to use it, but no one listens to the silly priest. The new idea would require no effort on the part of the dps, and I'm sure they would love that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Dont spec into lightwell, problem solved.

Most useless talent ever. Doesnt need changing. It needs to be removed completely instead.

What a bad angle on the problem up there :

I like both the original idea and the one with Divine Hymn, It would be nice to get to use it for something useful
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

greenmasheen

it would be nice if it did a regrowth effect with an initial heal and a heal over time for a decent amount *not sure if thats how it currently works*

also, putting in more than one well would help with situations where you cant reach the well without taking damage or increasing the range that you can access the well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    Dont spec into lightwell, problem solved.

Most useless talent ever. Doesnt need changing. It needs to be removed completely instead.
    So instead of making it an attractive talent for everyone, you think they should completely delete it and not replace it with anything, completely screwing over people who actually use it and like it now.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.