Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Lightwell Change Proposal

Idea #1
    Make lightwell something to "top" everyone's health. Something like a renew but instead of being cast on a single player, it's cast on an area. And every tick heals the player with the least health. And make it have 10 ticks or so.

Idea #2
    Make lightwell a temporary heal buff. Something like increasing healing done to raid members within 10yd of the lightwell by 10%.

Idea #3
    Make light well sort of a beacon. Il'l explain.
    Lightwell 1m Cooldown
    Creates a Holy Lightwell. Healing done to the lightwell is increased by 100%. When the lightwell is healed it heals the 5 closest raid members for 20% of the healing done.

There's so much shit you can do with lightwell... Blizzard is just lazy (or doesn't think it's important).

My suggestion would be to convert Lightwell into a 30 second raid-wide hot, but increasing the cooldown. Chances are it would be a bit OP, but it would give us something truly unique, a bit like Bloodlust.

I also like the idea with 10% increased healing, but Blizzard would nerdrage if a class had an unique raidbuff :<

We need a change in lightwell. How about making it a passive healer. For example, Cast a lightwell which lasts for 3 minutes. If a target gets below X% (like 50%) within the radius of the lightwell by X (EG. 30) yards, it automatically applies the lightwell renew to them and removes 1 charge, last 10 charges.
    This is an awesome suggestion... but I fear with the proposed change to Divine Hymn, this will not happen.

Personally I'd be happy with it being a unfocusable object like a Soul Well.
    This is probably the most reasonable change... I think people will but much more likely to use it if they can keep their target.

I have an idea, why not just remove the talent, make it trainable, and give some else?

15+ Year Old Account

Why not something like the healer from Redemption of the fallen (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23862 - how do I make such wowhead mouseover links)?

3 Min CD.
    Summon a ghostly ally that casts Prayers of Healing onto the raid for 15 seconds.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Lightwell was actually pretty awesome for 8 manning 4 horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    i'd like this change... however, i think that as it stands now lightwell is meant and is great only for healers.

Post this on the Official forums, the ideas are very good so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

While we're at it, how about adding an additional effect to the spirit of redemption, an on-command transformation on a 3-5 minute cooldown.

Roots you, 0 mana cost on spells for 15 seconds.

This way the talent would be more then just 5% spirit..
    And a bunch of useless healing nobody's going to need when you die because.. well, the tank died..

the lightwell is fine as it is imo.

on Loatheb (last boss plauge quarter) ull only be able to heal 3 seconds in each 20th second
    (or something like that) if u use a lightwell b4 the necrothic aura effect appears the dpsers will be able to heal themselves while the aura is up. its better to stop dpsing 4 10 secs than dying and dont dps the rest of the fight.

even though this is only 1 boss im pretty shure ull find it usefull on other fights. just try using it

though i support the idea with aoe heaing. priests only real aoe is circle of healing, unless u fight stuff that deals dmg to the whole raid each sec. prayer of healing is gonna effect the targets party (back to melee and ranged grps) and holy nova got too little range.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    Dont spec into lightwell, problem solved.

Most useless talent ever. Doesnt need changing. It needs to be removed completely instead.
    Ignorant people for the win,...

Anyhow my idea for well is to give it a larger click radius and make a possible macro for it

/use lightwell (for example)

This way you dont lose your current target, also keep in mind that using lightwell doesnt affect global CD

Imagine this for the melee group at KT, 3ppl get icetomb, they click their macro ASAP, non dies

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    Dont spec into lightwell, problem solved.

Most useless talent ever. Doesnt need changing. It needs to be removed completely instead.
    I hope you do realize that the reason it's useless is because it needs to be changed.

I like lightwell as a novelty because when people use it...it usually saves them. I didn't spec it for a long time, then when I did, my raid was kinda floored and used it all the time because they hadn't seen the new one. It's kinda useful on loetheb, malygos after vortex, HELGAN both as a placemarker and a healer if anyone gets hit while running so healers can regen, and on saph (if it stayed around longer) it could be really useful. I think a change with targeting is needed, and preferably a change with how it gets dispelled...on the only fights where it would be needed, it goes away because EVERYONE is takingdamage, including the priest. Whatever, in the long run it's a minor gripe that I'll reserve for more important complaints about the priest class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

I could see some use for it in Ulduar, but it's to difficult to hit, and annoying to find your previous target afterwards.
    Although I LOVE this idea I don't think it will ever happen. If it was unfocusable, then it would be unkillable, which poses problems for pvp. Although I don't believe the game should be balanced around pvp, lets face it, it is. I think they COULD make it to where if a player was able to benefit for Lightwell then it would be untargetable, but enemies could still target it. This would more than likely require a rewrite of the spell and I don't think they care enough, or play Priests enough to do it :'(

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Personally, I think Lightwell is fine.
    It heals a great amount, can be cast pre-emptively and with the change in 3.0 that it doesn't get removed when you take damage ( or was it 2.4, hmm) I consider it quite fine.

It's situational, yes, but nonetheless it can be used in many bossfights.

The only thing you require for lightwell to be usefull are competent people. DPS'ers who are willing to loose 5dps to ease the healer's job and fellow healers who don't blatantly heal over the HoT effect.
    Those people are rare to find though.

Besides, everyone is complaing about how easy the game is, making Lightwell a passive ability of some sorts would only, to a certain degree in a certain way, make it even easier.

They should have an encounter in Ulduar where some Lightwells spawn and then the boss mass-silences everyone and starts AoEing. That would teach people to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    They should have an encounter in Ulduar where some Lightwells spawn and then the boss mass-silences everyone and starts AoEing. That would teach people to use it.
    ROFLMAO I love it

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Quote Originally Posted by Kexmeister
    I hope you do realize that the reason it's useless is because it needs to be changed.
    There is no need for a healing based usable item in any way next to a Healthstone. Lightwell could only be usefull if it would act as a sort of holyshock to a set amount of people with the lowest hp. Having dps moving to a specific spot is the most useless thing ever, because it results in a direct loss of dmg / dps of that player.

It should just be removed and a new talent should be put in there. For example imp divine spirit which gives the old glyph effect, but then a bit nerfed. With every spellcast in spiritform there is a 5% chance your spirit will last 10 seconds longer than normal.

cool, great feed back guys, we can really tell who's using it and who isn't. I'll go ahead and post this on the official forums.

what really concerns me us with the new divine hymn change, the way my proposed lightwell would be pretty OP when you chain them. There'd have to be some kind of cooldown the lightwell has to apply it's heal, just because you would be OP as a heal. My opinion of it is that it should be a unique patch heal to heal those targets missed by chain heal or what have you. Not as one of these over powered heals which puts 10 hots on your raid healing 4K every 2 seconds for 3 ticks. That's asking for too much.

As for comments about making it nontargetable, my issue with that is even though you throw a lightwell right on top of the melee, no one clicks it, ever. Maybe because Naxx, 3D Sarth, and maly are such easy heals and that any damage they take will immediately be healed with a good healing time like my guild has, but also it's just asking much from your DPS. DPS's job is to DPS and avoid taking hits from avoidable damage, like flame wave, blizzard, or DDR. healing is your job, not the DPSers. They should be concerned with DPS more than "uh oh, my health is low time to click lightwell."

As for people who are commenting on LW just not being talented because it's such a waste, well thanks for proving my point. Lightwell is broken and for such a unique heal, it's a shame to see it rendered as such. That's the point of this post, to bring recognition as such.

For the comment about lightwell putting a 10% healing buff on an area. That's pretty much putting grace on a group of targets and in most circumstances, contribute to a bunch of over healing. In general, tanks die from not healing in enough time (like a 4 sec gap in healing) more than healers not having the enough bonus heals to actually keep their targets up.

Making lightwell a pet wouldn't work. your shadowfiend would cancel it out.

Making it baseline to all priests is rather interesting though. However you could get to this bizzare scenario where you have 5 priests in raid (just for argument's sake). 2 holy, 1 disc, 2 shadow. Let's say it's a 3 minute DPS race, all 5 priests could put up their lightwell which lasts 3 minutes and a tank can keep that in use for the fight. that's 50 charges which last 6 sec each. More than enough time to pretty much keep it up the entire time, making the healers' jobs easier. Albeit this is a hypothetical bizarre situation, but if lightwell is baseline, it's not entirely improbable.

If I missed one of the more valid arguments or proposals and you're reading this, let me know I'll see if I can respond to it next time I look at this post after giving it the appropriate amount of thought.

Thanks for the comments let's keep this thread going, maybe blizzard might notice it. maybe....

Deleted

Making lightwell a pet wouldn't work. your shadowfiend would cancel it out.
    Depends how you'd remake lightwell as a pet, so you dont really have to use shadowfiend in it.

It could be a pet with some spells equal to the priests spells, so you can regen some mana while healing with lightwell.

some spell ideas could be:

Flow of Light: Your lightwell heals your current target for 3000 - 4000 and applies a renew-like effect. (the spell effect would be a flow of light energy flowing to the target)

Spring of life: everyone within 10 yards of the lightwell gets healed for 500(1000?) every two seconds for eight seconds

The lightwell dissapears after ten spells are triggered.

Comments?