Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Lightwell Change Proposal

This is what I have been working on for fun, ignore the shadow tree (copy of someone else's template so I don't have to fill every talent in), and the discipline tree (wip). As for the holy tree, I'm screwing it up but more specifically, take a look at my lightwell and its sister talent. I'm still contemplating whether to create an entire different well for that sister talent (lightwell for heal, improve lightwell for mana) but it might not work that well, ie. too OP, and if you can only summon one well at the time, it has its limitations. The idea is since so many non-priest have no idea how to use the lightwell, we can make it into a raid utility bot instead of a healing hot, since it's often over healed by healers in the raids anyway.

http://www.war-tools.com/t61787.html

ps. please don't flame me, it's not balanced, it's not practical blah blah blah, but I was bored so I thought I play with talent creation for fun.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Making lightwell a pet wouldn't work. your shadowfiend would cancel it out.
    Mages can have both Water Elemental and Mirror Images out at the same time. Just make Lightwell a "minion" instead of a pet.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Just change the existing Lightwell so that it's untargetable and unkillable and it'd be perfect. Only reason my raid members don't use it more often is that is forces you to switch target in order to get the effect.

Either way, can't wait to really abuse it during our future General Vezax hard mode attempts. I still don't know how we're going to pull that off. Go-go old Naxx 40 Loetheb healing rotations...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno
    This is what I have been working on for fun, ignore the shadow tree (copy of someone else's template so I don't have to fill every talent in), and the discipline tree (wip). As for the holy tree, I'm screwing it up but more specifically, take a look at my lightwell and its sister talent. I'm still contemplating whether to create an entire different well for that sister talent (lightwell for heal, improve lightwell for mana) but it might not work that well, ie. too OP, and if you can only summon one well at the time, it has its limitations. The idea is since so many non-priest have no idea how to use the lightwell, we can make it into a raid utility bot instead of a healing hot, since it's often over healed by healers in the raids anyway.

http://www.war-tools.com/t61787.html

ps. please don't flame me, it's not balanced, it's not practical blah blah blah, but I was bored so I thought I play with talent creation for fun.
    It's actually pretty good, maybe lower the amounts restored though, 15% mana for some classes is quite good from a pve pov.
    in pvp it wouldn't be to overpowered considering the lower manapool and regen.

As long as some people dont abuse it, but could be usefull for say a druid or warrior tank to get some starter rage to build immediate threat. compared to paladin who can go all out from the start.

edit: feels a bit like the moonwells from wc3

oh is that what the moonwell does? i never played wc3 so i had no clue ;D

ty for your feedback. i'm debating over the mana amount as well, it's something along the line of you want it to be useful so folks are eager to learn and use it, but not too over powered that it will break the game.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

I like it the way it is. It's for self-healing, and the veterans of your raid. I would only like to see it harder for opponent's to kill. It's 1-2 shotted very easily.

If you want dps to use it, it needs to also provide a buff to their damage. This is all that noob DPS cares about. If it buffs their damage, they will click it in hopes of topping charts, and being the happy noob DPS that they are.

Lightwell is meant to be used every now and than. Its not a staple talent like earth shield. Dont take it if you wont use it. I use it every time i raid as holy. Drop it on maly before the vortex and some people click it =p not everyone, but some do. Also drop it in the middle of the platform in p2 and once again, some people click it, and i get some heals.

Drop it into the melee on sapph, my guild clicks, it heals for a lot during that fight.

Drop it ALL the time with your guild, make as many jokes as you can about it. People will eventually start using it, than they start asking for it, i know my locks do lol =)

I love lightwell.
    In solo play.

There is nothing more brilliant than to take on a 5 man quest solo, using your lightwell as a pocket healer, winning at full health.

If you have any guildie thinking that lightwell sucks, invite them to icecrown. Go to the top of one of the three gates. Find a lvl 83+ elite mob. Tell your guildie to kill said mob but don't help him in any way. He will die, horribly, questioning your motives.

Now place a lightwell, tell him to try again. But tell him to r-click the lightwell every 8 seconds or so. Tell him he can click it while casting. Tell him it will heal him for more than enough.

Your guildie will win, and will forever have learned to appreciate the lightwell.

--

That said, I hate lightwell.
    While raiding.

It vanish when you die. Despite SoR being a prerequisite; and the spell almost designed to allow some healing to continue after the priest is dead.

It will lower DPS significantly as headless chickes run around trying to find the lightwell.

And it places your job into their hands. That's conceptually flawed. What if hunters couldn't do good dps unless five healers channeled their crossbow recharge placeable? Would you bring a hunter?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Since when does it vanish when you die? 3.1??? ???

Since 3.0
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    Just change the existing Lightwell so that it's untargetable and unkillable and it'd be perfect. Only reason my raid members don't use it more often is that is forces you to switch target in order to get the effect.

Either way, can't wait to really abuse it during our future General Vezax hard mode attempts. I still don't know how we're going to pull that off. Go-go old Naxx 40 Loetheb healing rotations...
    for holy pvp purposes the lightwell has to be killable because otherwise it would be considerably OP

Quote Originally Posted by rikken
    Lightwell is meant to be used every now and than. Its not a staple talent like earth shield. Dont take it if you wont use it. I use it every time i raid as holy. Drop it on maly before the vortex and some people click it =p not everyone, but some do. Also drop it in the middle of the platform in p2 and once again, some people click it, and i get some heals.

Drop it into the melee on sapph, my guild clicks, it heals for a lot during that fight.

Drop it ALL the time with your guild, make as many jokes as you can about it. People will eventually start using it, than they start asking for it, i know my locks do lol =)
    ya, I do the same for maly, do the same for loatheb and many other encounters. it's always there and more it is always never used by anyone but pretty much life tapping locks and priests. It's too inconvenient as it is, is what most people are giving me feed back on (DPS / Tanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    And it places your job into their hands. That's conceptually flawed. What if hunters couldn't do good dps unless five healers channeled their crossbow recharge placeable? Would you bring a hunter?
    Exactly one of my original points. DPS job is to DPS, healing is our job. Meshing them to a certain degree is fine with lock candy, but asking them to click another target thing is a PITA and asking too much.

Lightwell could be changed too something like this

a 3 min dueration magical efect on yourself that got 10 charges, you may use one charge too add the old lightwell effect on your target, its on the GCD and you can only use a charge evry 10 sec

The buff itself could cost 1500 mana and each charge would cost 400 mana

this way it can be dispelled in pvp so it wont be overpowered there and it wont resolt il loss of dps and allso it wont be too overpowered allowing you too go OOFSR either.

Quote Originally Posted by Monky
    Lightwell could be changed too something like this

a 3 min dueration magical efect on yourself that got 10 charges, you may use one charge too add the old lightwell effect on your target, its on the GCD and you can only use a charge evry 10 sec

The buff itself could cost 1500 mana and each charge would cost 400 mana

this way it can be dispelled in pvp so it wont be overpowered there and it wont resolt il loss of dps and allso it wont be too overpowered allowing you too go OOFSR either.
    I like when people think outside the norm, but if lightwell costs 5.5k mana i would never use it again.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

I thought I remembered seeing my lightwell still up after I died in 3.0

Are you sure it disappears on death?

Positive. Will assert it when I get home.

Edit: DOH! Forgot to test it

once you release, lightwell disappears, I think. if it disappears during death than it's even more useless now and that also needs to be fixed because it's supposed to be a kind of last ditch effort to heal after you're in redemption form, assuming it's not already out.

I'm pretty sure that if you cast Lightwell in Spirit of Redemption form it disappears when SoR ends. I can't remember which patch I last tried it in but it was quite recently and I doubt that it has changed.