Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Spell Suggestion] Prayer of ?

What do you think of this idea I came up with.
    I don't want any "we don't need this spell" talk, or anything like that. I just want your opinion.

How about making something no other class/specc has?

Well, priests do have both the spells I'm thinking about, but when merging them it becomes a whole new spell.
    Power Word: Shield + Prayer of Mending = Prayer of Shielding.
    Instead of a heal jumping to different targets, a shield could jump when it has absorbed X damage.

It could be a smart spell, avoiding players with the weakened soul debuff.

I think it would fit perfectly in the hands of a Discipline priest, maybe deep in the disc tree.
    More interesting than the power word: barrier idea as I see it, but maybe that's just me...? :)

Re: [Spell Suggestion] Prayer of ?

nice idea, i read your post in the paladin forums too...

tbh it wont be implemented for a while, but u should definately post this on the official suggestion forum, who knows.

Edit: there could also be variations on this, like some HoT, that has say 5 ticks on its duration, and after it ticks once it jumps on another player but only has 4 ticks left (kinda like PoM but without the need for the target to get hit in order for it to jump) ----pls dont flame me...it just popped in my head as an idea, didnt really give it much tought

Hymn of Shielding
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's the exact same effect as prayer of mending, but there's no healing. Instead there's shielding so no, it's nothing new. PoM, Binding heal, PoH, PW: S - those are the spells no one has in their arsenal. Also, are there any encounters where aoe damage is so high that priests need every possible way of preventing and healing the damage? I doubt. So I kinda disagree because if Disc. tree received such spell, then it'd be so overpowered in pvp that it'd bring even more imbalance to arenaing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Hymn of Shielding
    well i think the OP was suggesting something u cast once and then forget about it, but hymn i think implies something channeled

LE: woop 200 posts

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    It's the exact same effect as prayer of mending, but there's no healing. Instead there's shielding so no, it's nothing new. PoM, Binding heal, PoH, PW: S - those are the spells no one has in their arsenal. Also, are there any encounters where aoe damage is so high that priests need every possible way of preventing and healing the damage? I doubt. So I kinda disagree because if Disc. tree received such spell, then it'd be so overpowered in pvp that it'd bring even more imbalance to arenaing.
    It's actually not.
    Disc priests benefit from throwing shields. This shield could count too.
    What you're saying is that PoM is very useless in raids at the moment too, since the raid damage isn't that high. That's also wrong the way I see it.
    You could have this spell on a shared cooldown with PoM. It would be situational. It would be nice from a disc perspective though.
    I haven't said if it should jump the 5 times a PoM does (6 with set-bonus), I just said it would jump.

15+ Year Old Account

Sounds like an interesting idea.

Although, I'd like to have a Minor Glyph that made ProM not jump to pets/minions more.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Hymn of Shielding
    I kind of like this--have you channel a shield around all party members that absorbs X amount of damage :P
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

That's what I was thinking, that would balance it and would mean the shields would not have to apply Weakened Soul.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    It's actually not.
    How? I mean, you have a shield that jumps around and absorbs damage, or you have a healing spell that jumps around and heals damage. In the end, x damage has been prevented by y amount.

Disc priests benefit from throwing shields. This shield could count too.
    What do you mean the shield could count too? Disc has divine aegis that procs off of PoM from time to time, that's enough IMO.

What you're saying is that PoM is very useless in raids at the moment too, since the raid damage isn't that high. That's also wrong the way I see it.
    I didn't say it's very useless, I just said that raid damage at the moment isn't so high that a priest should need yet another spell to prevent / mitigate / heal it. Priests have coh, pom and from 3.1 way better PoH. And both disc and holy can throw poh at any party. Disc can even proc aegis off of it.

You could have this spell on a shared cooldown with PoM. It would be situational. It would be nice from a disc perspective though.
    I haven't said if it should jump the 5 times a PoM does (6 with set-bonus), I just said it would jump.
    I'm still saying, if there isn't a lot of raid damage, the priest really doesn't need yet another smart / jumping / raidwise spell in their arsenal.

The thing is that it'd most likely be abused in arena, a lot. That leads to discipline imbalance, which leads to qq, which leads to nerfing, which leads to qq from priests etc.

Prayer of Shielding.
    Ok, and how much dmg should this shield absorb ?

got me thinking of the original haunt, which jumped between targets afflicted with corruption. Proper reuse of that same mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by adalet
    Ok, and how much dmg should this shield absorb ?
    I think that's the question we should ask, and not ''it will be OP!! QQ''

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Hoenstly, I've always wanted to see some sort of sacrificial spell. Prayer of the Martyr....

Killing you, and putting you into SoR form (normal duration), while prevening X% damage to your raid/party for Y seconds.

Ive always wanted to have the whole "self sacrificing" priest aspect integrated. I know its kinda lame and a little RP, but meh.

Paladins are the one who sacrifice themselves in wow. They're that chaotic good ones who'd do anything, not priests.

I dont exaclty have a name for it but it sparked my priestly imagination.
    a talent that would read like this

-If your renew spell ticks on a target that is already at full health, it jumps to a nearby raid member and remains on the target for 3 seconds less than the maximum duration than on the previous target-

Why are you so inclined on jumping spells? The more the priest have them, the more they're stackable in the raid - thus removing the need for other healers. Seriously, priest got buffed immensely by PoH change. I really see no other need to buff priests

I dont have a priest above lvl 30 myself, but isnt disc getting a raid wide shield buff?. Power word barrier or something?

15+ Year Old Account

This is so obvious, why hasn't anybody mentioned it?

Prayer of Levitate

Simple. Elegant. Useful.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Why are you so inclined on jumping spells? The more the priest have them, the more they're stackable in the raid - thus removing the need for other healers. Seriously, priest got buffed immensely by PoH change. I really see no other need to buff priests
    If you read my post, i said I liked the idea. I haven't said that I want it implented or anything, I didn't even ask for all the stupid answers saying "QQ but u r OP wit tihs omgz".
    I simply wanted to discuss peoples spell-thoughts, because I like comming up with new ones.