Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Hymns just got changed?

That would just be too OP in PVE. Come on, assuming we needed the mana that badly (lol?), we already have 2 cooldowns that work fine. Bliz nerfed mana regen and such so that mana would become something to think about. Making HoH usable in Sform makes spriests never need to look at the mana bar (not that we really do as is, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    When considering the new Hymn of Hope, keep in mind the amount of mana restored to all other players altogether, not just the mana the priest would recieve. With the mana regen nerf and longer fights in Ulduar, I can see this getting used. And the new Divine Hymn is sexy. Guess they lost the weird CC bit of it.
    My problem is who has 8 seconds to stop healing and channel a mana regen spell? I guess there may be occasions in specific encounters where you do nothing for that long but the fact the regen is applied to people outside of your control makes it a difficult spell to use effectively.

I still don't like either hymn even though they have been buffed... they just seem too complex and difficult to use effectively.

15+ Year Old Account

The new divine hymn seems to be an interesting concept, but it would require alot of communication in order to get max effectiveness from it in a raid situation.

Also, the fact its limited to only 3 targets means its more of an "oh-shi.." ability. The problem is though, its 8 seconds of not being able to heal them, so it comes down to whether or not the 15% extra healing during that 8 seconds fo other healers is worth the healer channeling being completely useless at the time.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Can someone ask on the US forums for clarification on the wording?

Divine Hymn redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest-health friendly party or raid targets for 4960-5208 every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 seconds. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5.
    Does this mean it picks 3 targets and only heals them 4 times each or does the hymn choose new targets every 2 seconds making it a smart heal?

Hymn of Hope redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, restoring hope to those in despair. Restores 3% mana to 3 nearby low mana friendly party or raid targets every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and temporarily increases their total maximum mana by 20% for 8 seconds. After the effect expires, the mana is lost. Maximum of 12 mana restorations. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5.
    Same here. Do the targets change every 2 seconds or are they picked when the channeling begins? Also is the effect always granted to the priest as well? If not, this change sucks really hard.

To both: What range are we talking about here? 15yd around the priest? 40yd?
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

For Divine Hymn that would almost make it useful.  The way it is worded sort of seems like it's saying that it might move around to different people (smart heal) or I'm not sure why they would add the obvious "maximum of 12 heals". 

Not sure though how complex that would be, or if they are willing to go that far with it.  It would make it somewhat more useful, but still.  8 second channel for relatively low healing overall on 3 random targets.  Not a very useful ability. 

As for Hymn of Hope.  If it did change targets restoring 3% of one targets mana.  It's almost pointless.  As at 25k mana that would only be 750 mana.  I suppose thats worth 1-2 spells. 
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

hymn of hopelessness really isn't great now. if my targets die because I'm channeling an 8 sec spell where it's not a guarantee I'll even get the benefits of it, than really what's the point of bothering with it. if you're tank healing you're screwed, probably will never use it.

The next hymn is nice but really, my philosophy on these channeled spells is there's no concentration for them so we can't tell if they're really being successful or just healing things raid healers should be able to handle anyways.

Oh no. I was kinda affraid they would do that.

Hymn of Hope - just leave this spell, I dont really care. Should we have a moment during a fight - well take any free mana.
    Divine Hymn - that one hurts. Old heal was nice, the new one is better, both are not really needed. I really got used to the "stun" part. Saved my butt in PvP a lot of times. I see the new effect as something Lightwell should be like.

If you could be somewhat sure to get the effect I guess you could channel Hope after popping Shadowfiend. The increased mana pool would let you squeeze some more mana out of the fiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    "Divine Hymn redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest-health friendly party or raid targets for 4960-5208 every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 seconds. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5."

"Hymn of Hope redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, restoring hope to those in despair. Restores 3% mana to 3 nearby low mana friendly party or raid targets every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and temporarily increases their total maximum mana by 20% for 8 seconds. After the effect expires, the mana is lost. Maximum of 12 mana restorations. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5."

- http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html
    I see this skill as Tranquility from the druids, only it's our level 80 skill and it's a bit stronger, but it can't have more targets than Tranquility.

Oh noes I'm now useless at Gluth

I wonder why it has to say "Maximum of 12 heals" and "Maximum of 12 mana restorations". Isn't that obvious?

I want to know how these things really work in practice...

15+ Year Old Account

From what I can see atm;

Divine Hymn - Heals for abit more than Tranquility max rank, which apparently is "balanced" out with having only 3 targets and adds an amount of extra healed on those 3 targets (where as tranquility heals ALL in the nearby radius). Lower cd than Tranquility ofc, but atm I'll still see tranq as better since it can also be specced to add 0 threat.

Hymn of "Hope" - screwing the priest over so utterly much. IF the priest him/herself is affected by it we won't get the added mana effect whatsoever, since once we are done channeling its gone. Also as others have said we would in most cases only use it when close to oom.

In short - channeled spells doesn't work well with healers (especially in fights where we need to move alot ).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Hymn of "Hope" - screwing the priest over so utterly much. IF the priest him/herself is affected by it we won't get the added mana effect whatsoever, since once we are done channeling its gone. Also as others have said we would in most cases only use it when close to oom.
    The added mana effect is mainly there because HoH restores mana based on your maximum mana. Meaning you will get more mana per tick with a larger mana pool. The effect is great. If you're oom you will fill up a chunk of mana with this (hoping the hymn will affect you ^^)
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

15+ Year Old Account

True enough - but the priest itself still won't be affected by the extra mana

Anyways to correct another line of mine req. channeled stuff - its probably more correct to say channeled spells aren't usefull for healers (except druids) since at least with priests most of our spells are with a cast time and single effect, so unless its 100% safe to cast a channeled we can't, and then its most likely not needed.
    "Only Jack can zip up."

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    The added mana effect is mainly there because HoH restores mana based on your maximum mana. Meaning you will get more mana per tick with a larger mana pool. The effect is great. If you're oom you will fill up a chunk of mana with this (hoping the hymn will affect you ^^)
    I don't wait till im oom to use Shadowfiend, HoH, or mana pot. Mana pots and Shadofiend wont be affected but now im supposed to wait till im almost oom to use HoH, just to ensure i get the mana? IMO they need to make it the priest and 2 others to let me use it when I can and need to use it.

The glyph is starting to look pretty sexy, but it should be a minor. Idno if it will still be there with the new changes but I hope they change it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

I don't like the PvP nerf aspect of this.

Divine Hymn -
    Maybe an AoE incapacitate was OP, but there were penalties to using it. Now this is just asking to get you locked out of your spell school. If CoH was nerfed because Shamans are supposed to be the only true AoE healing class, then why does Blizzared turn around and give Priests another multi-target heal? Why don't they just call it "Tranquility v.2"?

Hymn of Hope -
    I never used this as shadow, but I never recall any spec using this extensively. It sounds like the benefit will be greater than before, but I agree that the Priest casting it must be one of the ones receiving benefit. Also the mechanic is iffy. What's to stop this from just topping off all of the Ret/Prot Paladins, Hunters, and Enhancement Shamans, leaving all of the healers high and dry?

Also,
    I'm kinda of disappointed by the total lack of Shadow hymns. Not every prayer or hymn is about helping and healing. There definitely need to be some sort of shadow hymns.

Divine Hymn redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest-health friendly party or raid targets for 960-5208 every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 seconds. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5.
    I like this *IF*:
    (1) It has a good SP coefficient
    (2) It has a 40 yard range
    (3) The "Maximum of 12 heals" = smart heal
    (4) The "channel" is pushback free

Hymn of Hope redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, restoring hope to those in despair. Restores 3% mana to 3 nearby low mana friendly party or raid targets every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and temporarily increases their total maximum mana by 20% for 8 seconds. After the effect expires, the mana is lost. Maximum of 12 mana restorations. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5.
    I agree with others in this thread. I don't feel comfortable standing in one place and not healing for 8 seconds. ESPECIALLY if that means I may not receive the benefits from this effect.
    Proposed modifications:
    (1) Remove channel
    (2) "3 nearby low mana friendly party or raid targets" to "Yourself and 2 nearby friendly party or raid targets"

I'm kinda of disappointed by the total lack of Shadow hymns. Not every prayer or hymn is about helping and healing. There definitely need to be some sort of shadow hymns.
    I had never though of this--as I am almost always heal spec--but I agree that at least one *shadow-esque* hymn would be pretty nifty. Any Ideas?

15+ Year Old Account

Think the closest we would get to a "shadow-hymn" would be mass sw.
    "Only Jack can zip up."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Think the closest we would get to a "shadow-hymn" would be mass sw.
    Since i think the general idea of hymns are once (maybe twice) a fight super cool channeled spell... I'm not certain if this would separate it much from Mind Sear.

Now that I've had time to think about it... perhaps a channel that increases the effects of all your DoTs by 100% for 8sec and makes your Vampiric Embrace raid wide for the duration? This seems reasonable for a 6min CD... though I see PvP issues with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Hymn of Hopelessness
    I still think of it as "Hymn of Hope the Tank Doesn't Die While You're Channeling."

Original creator of the PointlessThread++;