Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Hymns just got changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    (hoping the hymn will affect you ^^)
    I'm a little scared about this... i would even choose to target 3 characters manually, not randomly..

From the "careless optimism" that I have, I do believe that both of these can "potentially" be good.

Divine hymn for example, has a HUGE healing base, before you even consider the bonus from spell power, meaning every 2 seconds, should chose a new set of 3 targets and heal them for probably about 7-9k each (non crit). That will heal 12 people in 8 seconds for 7-9k (non crit) which would be lovely.

The Hymn of hope, even though im kinda looking optimistic, its "barely" optimistic. The reason is, that it wil restore to randoms throughout the duration, restoring mana to 12 people, the reason 12 people, is because if you get the 20% boost, your probably not lowest on mana anymore... So pretty much everyone gets a 20% mana boos for a bit.

Anyways, I don't believe they are going to be "too" horrible, and still have high hopes.

I think a good testing of the hymm's on ptr's will help set in mind how good they are.

I don't really know what to think atm about them, except that HoH should include the priest + 2 more targets, assuring me the mana (i'm selfish).

About a shadow hymm (spiritusvex), didn't you guys get a new shadow spell that is awefull powerfull and usefull, and doesn't really contirubute to any heal to a healer priest, but only a shadow spec one? if you really want how about changing the name to Hymm of Sear, instead of mind sear?

Kinda had it that every time discipline and holy get some attention some shadow starts whining 'what about me', why is there no hymm for shadow boo hoo, why is there no mind sear for holy/discipline? a channeling 4 sec that heals all the sroundings? oh right its a shadow spell for damage. HoH is a spell for restoring mana to yourself and group/raid, divine hymm is a spell to heal now 3 targets and increase the healing effects on them by 15%, just like mind sear is a spell that does damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Artex
    I still think of it as "Hymn of Hope the Tank Doesn't Die While You're Channeling."

But if you are on raid healing during a big AoE, a smart Tranquility seems pretty good.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

After some reconsideration, I could see the new Divine Hymn being great for holy priests on raid healing, especially if it's a smart heal. I know they want to get rid of smart heals, but on a 6 minute cooldown I think it would be justified.

However, I'm still convinced that the new Hymn of Hope is a horrible idea. A discipline MT healer is almost NEVER going to have 8 seconds to channel this during a boss encounter, unless there's some sort of lull in the action (like a lengthy phase change, ala Mimiron). At least with the old version, you could get a couple of seconds off and restore a couple of thousand mana to yourself if you needed to. If it's a "smart mana restore" that means it's likely to bounce over to ret and prot pallies or enhancement shamans before it gets to you. Fingers crossed this is better in practice than it is on paper, but I'm not so sure as of yet.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    "Divine Hymn redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest-health friendly party or raid targets for 4960-5208 every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 seconds. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5."

"Hymn of Hope redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, restoring hope to those in despair. Restores 3% mana to 3 nearby low mana friendly party or raid targets every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and temporarily increases their total maximum mana by 20% for 8 seconds. After the effect expires, the mana is lost. Maximum of 12 mana restorations. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5."

- http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html
    I was actually looking forward to the incapacitation part of the divine hymn at 80 and can't see why they change it. Now there's not really that much to look forward to at 80... but the fact of being 80. I already have mind sear and it's a shame that it's pretty much it.

If hymn of hope can give mana to the priest casting it as well I would like it. If not... well I'm thinking pvp and it seems rather more time consuming than not. I would keep it as it is today and instead just increase the amount of mana given.

I guess if I was a raiding priest these changes could be ok, but in pvp I don't really see the advantage of using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    I guess if I was a raiding priest these changes could be ok, but in pvp I don't really see the advantage of using them.
    Raiding healing priest here.

As long as Divine Hymn is either
    - changing targets between each tick -
    or
    - someone finds a good way to make it assuredly heal the MT -
    then it is okay. In fact, it's pretty awesome.

Hymn of Hopelessness is worth less than a manapot, more of a hassle to use, horrible cooldown, leaves your assigns at a severe risk of death and thus can only really be used in downtime when there is no replenishment, and isn't even guaranteed to effect you at all. Then what's the point? It's not like anyone but holypriests and undergeared shamans will ever actually want this crappy regen?

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Hymn of Hopelessness is worth less than a manapot, more of a hassle to use, horrible cooldown, leaves your assigns at a severe risk of death and thus can only really be used in downtime when there is no replenishment, and isn't even guaranteed to effect you at all. Then what's the point? It's not like anyone but holypriests and undergeared shamans will ever actually want this crappy regen?
    Let me assure you that holy priests have something better to do then standing around for 8 sec's doing 'nothing' as well. It's basicly totally crap now as a spell and they managed to make it very bad for both pve, maybe somewhat useful for pvp (assuming the other arena team allows you to stand still for 8 sec's without killing you or interrupting you).

I'm pretty much the only active priest left in my raids (25m) with occasionally a disc priest joining, so I'm often both tank and raid healer, depending on the mix of the other healers, in both roles I usually don't have time to channel a spell for 8 sec's.
    Granted the new glyph for it will help some, but the spell has a 6 min. cd so I still consider it a waste of glyph spot to take that glyph for something more useful.
    I rather take glyphs that I use for almost every cast (glyph of flash heal, circle of healing etc.) then something I might use once every 6 min.

Right now I occasionally manage to use hymn of hope and though it doesn't give much mana at least I can be sure to get some when I need it.
    With the current changes I won't be using it at all anymore.

Divine hymn was awesome because we finally got some CC now, however I wished the spell wasn't on a shared cd with psychic scream and had a lower cooldown, I consider the healing it gives as a lovely bonus effect.

Now the usefulness of the spell is completely nerfed and it turned into a situational heal spell that I probably won't use or hardly use in pve.
    For pvp it could be nice, but I doubt anybody gets the chance to stand still for 8 sec to channel a spell (in arena that is). As it is I'm prime target already since I'm the one healing.

To sum it all up, channeling spells are a big no-no for both pve and pvp, especially if the channel time is longer then 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dascia
    To sum it all up, channeling spells are a big no-no for both pve and pvp
    Penance and Mind Flay would like to have a word with you.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'm talking about healing here.

Actually I've never been shadow spec before so can't say much about that either, I doubt you'll ever hear me comment about shadow dps spells as well.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dascia
    I'm talking about healing here.
    Do you think Penance is a DPS spell in a DPS Spec tree?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Difference between penance and these is penance is fast enough that you can ignore the channeled part (most of the time at least). It will allways have cast 2/3 of the spell before you need to move. While these - with the added effect - almost forces you to stand still for the full duration to get the best out of it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

The new divine hymn is a tranquility on crack, cant heal as many people but sure packs a punch. This is gonna be a nice oh shit button when people are bombing. You may get hit to shorten the channel but still gettin 6 or 9 outta 12 is still gonna be some nice healing.

I am fine with hymn of hope, it wasmt great before, its a lil better now, i'll take it.
    Just pop a fiend right before you start it, 20% extra mana when your friend is attacking is gonna be really nice.

Rikken, that would be true if you can guarantee that you are one of the people getting the mana buff.

And on the healing, a lot of people are assuming that it is a smart heal. Does anyone know for sure yet?
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Hehe i try and make sure i use it when i'm low, otherwise i dont bother.

I believe it says the 3 raid/party members with lowest help, just assuming it means smart

Quote Originally Posted by Selerious
    Rikken, that would be true if you can guarantee that you are one of the people getting the mana buff.

And on the healing, a lot of people are assuming that it is a smart heal. Does anyone know for sure yet?
    It mentions targets desipte being an AoE heal, and it has charges which it wouldn't need it was not changing targets.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

The wording implies that both spells will have a smart component. As mentioned before it makes no sense putting charges, etc. in the wording if it wouldn't be a smart heal.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Nobody has asked in the US forums so far afaik. Since i don't have an US account i can't do it myself :<

Found something funny on the US forums:
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....76338259&sid=1

Divine Hymn - Renamed to "Diminished Hymn"
    Hymn of Hope - Renamed to "Hymn of Despair"

Diminished Hymn:
    Stuns you for 8 seconds forcing you to heal low health members of your raid that the paladin in your group is already healing anyway, can thankfully only occur every 6 minutes. Damage will release you from this stun.

Hymn of Despair:
    Prevents all healing for 8 seconds but gives you 20% more mana for the duration, just to mock you. Restores mana to your fellow healers who must instantly spend it to make up for your absence. Can thankfully only occur every 6 minutes. Damage will release you from this effect.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I think the Mana-reg Hymn could turn out better then expected.

Just imagine : Disz Priest with 0 mana + Darkmooncard(Int)with int proc + shadowfiend + hymn = Disz priest with full mana

The real problem as already stated is the channeling part but with propper communication and well-timed use there will allways be room for it.

beggers can´t be choosers, and its definitly better then pre 3.1

as for the healing hymn, a free smart ae-heal never hurt anybody^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaes
    beggers can´t be choosers, and its definitly worse then pre 3.1 because you aren't guaranteed any mana at all when the Ret Paladin/Marks Hunter/Slacking Warlocks take all three slots.
    Fixed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~