Poll: Which one is better in a PvP Arena enviroment on Live realms?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Discipline Priest vs. Restoration Druid

When patch 3.1 goes live I will make myself a resto spec to use for PvP (I play Feral for PvE).

I Priest friend of mine will have a disc spec to use for PvP (he plays Holy for PvE).

Together we will heal another friend, who will have an arms spec to use for PvP (he plays Protection for PvE).

Now. He is complaining about the buffs resto druids seems to be getting on the PTR when disc priests seem to get nothing. And when I ask "but is disc priests really that bad now?" he says that "well, maybe they are like equal with druids, but you are getting alot of buffs, disc priests are not". So I need to know from other sources, is disc priests better or worse than resto druids today? And how much better or worse are they?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Discipline Priest vs. Restoration Druid

Disc right now is less about healing others, more about keeping yourself alive because you're guaranteed to be the focus-target. Discipline is getting buffed in PvP, with letting Aegis stack (tiny buff) also by letting Penance target yourself (huge!), and Glyph of Pain Suppression letting you pull it off even while stunned (although I think this should be baseline imo). But while a resto druid has to use mobility to survive, a priest can take a bigger beating on its own, even through the cloth.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

idk what your friend is talking about. pennance being self castable, and divine aegis shields becoming stackable are VERY nice buffs. All druids are getting is increased armor in tree, and tiny buff to barkskin for two more talent points.

I have to agree with the above sentiments, disc priests are getting some nice buffs.

1. Penance is going to do 30% more damage, and in 2s you need to be able to throw out some dps to assist your partner.
    2. Penance is self castable
    3. 30% less cost talent for PW:S
    4. Mental Agility & Enlightenment reduced to 3 point talents
    5. 3% damage buff removed from grace and added to renewed hope which is a far easier way to maintain and have up consistently

I don't think there is an issue so much that disc priests aren't good enough for arena, rather holy pallys are too good and need to be brought back to the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I have to agree with the above sentiments, disc priests are getting some nice buffs.

1. Penance is going to do 30% more damage, and in 2s you need to be able to throw out some dps to assist your partner.
    2. Penance is self castable
    3. 30% less cost talent for PW:S
    4. Mental Agility & Enlightenment reduced to 3 point talents
    5. 3% damage buff removed from grace and added to renewed hope which is a far easier way to maintain and have up consistently

I don't think there is an issue so much that disc priests aren't good enough for arena, rather holy pallys are too good and need to be brought back to the pack.
    Ya... Priests are getting major loving this patch... I am so happy we need it so bad :P Now they just need to fix our mana regen and ill be set! Although the grace change can be seen as both a nerf and a buff.... I personally like it a bit since its more healing and i can keep it up longer, but i dont plan on using renewed hope for arenas. Im not gonna try and go for crit and divine aegis, it simply isnt strong enough to make a difference for so many talent points in PvP. Espicially when healing someone through an MS effect.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn