Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Combat Compendium

I was just about to switch my Herbalism to JC in hope to gain that extra DPS for PvE (why not for PvP also) but then they announced the upcoming nerfs to JC, i still think it is valid option to go for, but its just not that tempting anymore, lets say, its on the same bar as the rest of the professions.

Now, in order to maximise DPS, do you still think JC is the way to go? (not giving up Alchemy) I was thinking about rolling Enchanting for ring enchants, or maybe LW for fur linings, ect ect. So, now that JC nerfs are coming, what would you recomend? On my server, leveling JC would cost about 3k gold, so i try to keep costs in mind also.

Deleted

I am using Alch+herb and pretty much happy with its bonuses..this heal can save your life...but 60 ap from the chanting wont..

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmodan
    I was just about to switch my Herbalism to JC in hope to gain that extra DPS for PvE (why not for PvP also) but then they announced the upcoming nerfs to JC, i still think it is valid option to go for, but its just not that tempting anymore, lets say, its on the same bar as the rest of the professions.

Now, in order to maximise DPS, do you still think JC is the way to go? (not giving up Alchemy) I was thinking about rolling Enchanting for ring enchants, or maybe LW for fur linings, ect ect. So, now that JC nerfs are coming, what would you recomend? On my server, leveling JC would cost about 3k gold, so i try to keep costs in mind also.
    Unlearned Herbalism, learned JC, 30mins later the JC-Nerf was announced on mmo-champion...

Still, JC is the best profession for now, as it grants you 66 AP compared to 64 from Enchanting and Leatherworking. (Once you'll be able to get more epic-gems then JC will probably fall behind... I guess.)

Yeah, i was about to switch herb to jc later that day when i noticed the upcoming jc nerf. I think leveling LW will be cheapest out of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmodan
    Yeah, i was about to switch herb to jc later that day when i noticed the upcoming jc nerf. I think leveling LW will be cheapest out of the 3.
    It is cuz it's maaaaaaaaaad easy to farm. There are some spots in the game (eg. Wetlands Excavation site for med, heavy and some thick leather) where you can do a small loop and constantly farm mats, and if you have an alt skinner it's a good way to grind xp and mats at the same time.

Hey guys, I have being looking on somes Spreadsheet and the ones that work here don´t have the weapons/gears that I use, and Rawr is not helping so much so I thought that I could use some of help from here.

Im not a experienced Rogue, Im lvl 80 for 1 week right now, but I play this game for 2 years, so Im not a retarded but this weapon speeds/types its really new ( I only have big experience with War/Lock/Hpally ).

Atm Im playing Combat, I really enjoy the Killing Spree skill ( its really 'rogue-like' ) and its not as to hard to play ( at last Im not fucked if my SnD and HfB drops lol ). Since I have MH [Greed] and OH [The Fleshshaper] ( both with Mongoose ), Im playing 15/51/5 CQC spec. But today after my first 25m Naxx run on this char ( Im raiding Uld25 Mimiron on my HPally, so its not really my first naxx 25. ) I got [Silent Crusader] from trash, and god damn, I really like this sword and I want to raid with it.

Should I drop CQC spec and go for Sword Spec and MH [Silent Crusader] and OH [The Fleshshaper] ?

I really want 2 good daggers to go Mutilate ( For PVP and PVE! ) but since Silent Crusader is my best weapon avaliable Im not sure what to do about.

About poisons, Im using Wound MH, Deadly OH. Using Eviscerate with 5 CP ( SnD up, Rupture Up, 4 stacks or less Deadly Poison ) and Envenom with 5CP ( SnD up, Rupture Up, 5 stacks on Deadly ).

I tried Greed MH and Silent Crusader OH, got really good numbers ( high crits ), but I keep reading about Slow/Fast for Combat, so Im not sure about Slow/Slow.

I just came here because I just can´t ask this questions for some .xls list or something like Rawr ( things that I use on my other chars but I just can´t make it work on the way that I want on my rogue, so many specs and things to count on it ). I should be able to mmy own legs after this!

Im not playing to be toptoptop-dps right now, its really hard to switch mains when you are working in a new raid, so Im not going to this now, but I want to be informed to do my job right when I have the oportunity.

shadowpanther ranks this weapons like:

MH Greed: 561 MAEP (COM/HAT MAEP)
    MH Silent Crusader: 606 (COM/HAT MAEP)
    The Fleshshaper: 370 (MH Mut MAEP), 252 (OH Mut MAEP), 216 (OH COM/HAT MAEP)

There is no Rank for OH Silent Crusader, but since Greed its MH only, my guess is Greed MH, Silent Crusader OH, both with Mongoose ( Im not sure if Silent Crusader worth Zerg enchant ) and CQC spec ( looks like I keep the 5% crit if I MH a Dagger/Fist but OH any other weapon! )

This is my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory ( I just need wait for Darkmoon Faire to get my Nobles and replace the eng trinket. )

You need to reread the first post here, the Poisons in 3.1 post, and the EJ Rogue overview thread. You've seemed to have missed some crucial concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwashi
    Hey guys, I have being looking on somes Spreadsheet and the ones that work here don´t have the weapons/gears that I use, and Rawr is not helping so much so I thought that I could use some of help from here.

Im not a experienced Rogue, Im lvl 80 for 1 week right now, but I play this game for 2 years, so Im not a retarded but this weapon speeds/types its really new ( I only have big experience with War/Lock/Hpally ).

Atm Im playing Combat, I really enjoy the Killing Spree skill ( its really 'rogue-like' ) and its not as to hard to play ( at last Im not fucked if my SnD and HfB drops lol ). Since I have MH [Greed] and OH [The Fleshshaper] ( both with Mongoose ), Im playing 15/51/5 CQC spec. But today after my first 25m Naxx run on this char ( Im raiding Uld25 Mimiron on my HPally, so its not really my first naxx 25. ) I got [Silent Crusader] from trash, and god damn, I really like this sword and I want to raid with it.

Should I drop CQC spec and go for Sword Spec and MH [Silent Crusader] and OH [The Fleshshaper] ?

I really want 2 good daggers to go Mutilate ( For PVP and PVE! ) but since Silent Crusader is my best weapon avaliable Im not sure what to do about.

About poisons, Im using Wound MH, Deadly OH. Using Eviscerate with 5 CP ( SnD up, Rupture Up, 4 stacks or less Deadly Poison ) and Envenom with 5CP ( SnD up, Rupture Up, 5 stacks on Deadly ).

I tried Greed MH and Silent Crusader OH, got really good numbers ( high crits ), but I keep reading about Slow/Fast for Combat, so Im not sure about Slow/Slow.

I just came here because I just can´t ask this questions for some .xls list or something like Rawr ( things that I use on my other chars but I just can´t make it work on the way that I want on my rogue, so many specs and things to count on it ). I should be able to mmy own legs after this!

Im not playing to be toptoptop-dps right now, its really hard to switch mains when you are working in a new raid, so Im not going to this now, but I want to be informed to do my job right when I have the oportunity.

shadowpanther ranks this weapons like:

MH Greed: 561 MAEP (COM/HAT MAEP)
    MH Silent Crusader: 606 (COM/HAT MAEP)
    The Fleshshaper: 370 (MH Mut MAEP), 252 (OH Mut MAEP), 216 (OH COM/HAT MAEP)

There is no Rank for OH Silent Crusader, but since Greed its MH only, my guess is Greed MH, Silent Crusader OH, both with Mongoose ( Im not sure if Silent Crusader worth Zerg enchant ) and CQC spec ( looks like I keep the 5% crit if I MH a Dagger/Fist but OH any other weapon! )

This is my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory ( I just need wait for Darkmoon Faire to get my Nobles and replace the eng trinket. )
    There is no rank OH for Silent Crusader because you NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER put a slow weapon in your offhand. The Fleshshaper is also far too slow. You want something below 1.6 speed on your offhand for Combat Potency procs. Slow/Slow has never, and will never be viable. Also, the 5% crit only applies to the weapons in its category.

So, should I use Titansteel Shanker ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42435 ) and keep my Fleshshaper ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37667 ) on the bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwashi
    So, should I use Titansteel Shanker ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42435 ) and keep my Fleshshaper ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37667 ) on the bank?
    If you can get anything faster, use that. Otherwise, yes use the Shanker over the Fleshshaper.

Hey all, stumbled across this thread and have found it very useful. Was just wondering if anyone had the time to have a look at my armory and provide feedback..

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hadgar&n=Nexun

Still need to enchant my weapons, and need less hit. I have the T7 helm also, would that be a better option that Helm of the Vast Legions in order to drop some unwanted hit? Either that or gem for 16 Agi instead of AP/ Hit?

Thanks for help

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nexun
    Hey all, stumbled across this thread and have found it very useful. Was just wondering if anyone had the time to have a look at my armory and provide feedback..

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hadgar&n=Nexun

Still need to enchant my weapons, and need less hit. I have the T7 helm also, would that be a better option that Helm of the Vast Legions in order to drop some unwanted hit? Either that or gem for 16 Agi instead of AP/ Hit?

Thanks for help
    Too many blue gems. Only need 1 to activate the meta, and the socket bonus you're gaining from trying to gem for the other ones is quite inferior to ramming a 32ap in the socket. You might also look at ditching the ap/hit for ap/crit *if* you know you're gonna have the dran racial and spriest/boomkin buff while raiding. A faster, comperable offhand is pretty much preferred too, 1.6 is brutal. I'm pretty sure you'd net more dps with the BoE blue dagger from HoL, but i'd check a spreadsheet for sure. Ditch the glyph of SnD for Killing spree or adrenaline rush. I keep 2 stacks of glyphs on me and swap based on how killing spree friendly the current boss is, but that's pretty extreme. For all intensive pre-ulduar raiding or instancing, glyph of killing spree is GODLY. New enchants for helm/shoulder! Get crackin on those reps hehe.

Can't think of much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Too many blue gems. Only need 1 to activate the meta, and the socket bonus you're gaining from trying to gem for the other ones is quite inferior to ramming a 32ap in the socket. You might also look at ditching the ap/hit for ap/crit *if* you know you're gonna have the dran racial and spriest/boomkin buff while raiding. A faster, comperable offhand is pretty much preferred too, 1.6 is brutal. I'm pretty sure you'd net more dps with the BoE blue dagger from HoL, but i'd check a spreadsheet for sure. Ditch the glyph of SnD for Killing spree or adrenaline rush. I keep 2 stacks of glyphs on me and swap based on how killing spree friendly the current boss is, but that's pretty extreme. For all intensive pre-ulduar raiding or instancing, glyph of killing spree is GODLY. New enchants for helm/shoulder! Get crackin on those reps hehe.

Can't think of much more.
    Thanks for your advice. So you recommend AP > Agi gems?

I think I have that dagger in bank, shall see how it performs.

I am recently running into problems with my dps declining in 25man Ulduar. I started off doing very well in Ulduar, but as I got new gear from 25man Ulduar(non T8.5 set pieces) and started using them, my dps took a slow decline. Vuljins Naxx spreadsheet was amazing and accurate. I still have full T7.5 in bags and used Aldriana's spreadsheet as I got new pieces from Ulduar to see what was a viable upgrade etc. I am kind of lost atm and could use little help getting back on track. We are progressing passed Hodir atm and would like to be tip top shape or it.

current gear: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rn&n=Racketeer
    (ignore glyphs: I was only testing others out, so rupture is usually in there)

You can also look at my second spec at the armory. The only difference is the sword specialization.
    for that spec I use: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45266 & http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45142

I also have 2x webbed death in bank if you think Calamity's Grasp + Webbed Death > Calamity's Grasp + Golem-Shard Sticker.

I really cant tell which set of my weapons is better, it seems on aoe trash and aoe friendly bosses Calamity/golem sticker pulls ahead, but on static bosses malice/remorse pulls ahead.

Nice Thread btw..
    Thanks alot guys.

I decided to spend some money and specced for combat daggers, and i was bit supprised that without any buffs (including AR and BF) i did 3000 dps on the hardest Doll, then i switched to my cookie cutter CQC fist spec, and i actually fell behind to 2900 dps, i know in raids, i have more agility ect to make better use of my glyph of sinister strike, but to a doll, i make the same, if not bit more with combat daggers. rotation was 3 SnD 5 Rupture.

yo man. nice post ~~~ but i have a lame question to ask. have tried many sites.
    how much crit does 1 agility gives?
    or how much agility is needed for 0.10% crit etc. please help
    thanks.
    god bless!*sneeze*

hi, im confused of wat gear to use with the selection i have, and id like some advices =(

currently im wearing:
    guise of midgard serpent - balanced twilight opal and relent earthsiege diamong, ebon enchant
    fool's trial
    treacherous shoulder - delicate scarlet ruby, hodir ench
    shawl of shattered giant with 22agi ench
    winter's icy embrace - deadly monarch and balanced twilight, +8 stats
    mechanists binding - 50ap ench
    valorous gloves T7 - deadly monarch and hyperspeed ench
    nimble climbers belt - delicate scarlet
    valorous leg T7 - deadly monarch and balanced twilight, icescale ench
    dawnwalkers - icewalker ench
    ring of inv.
    strong handed ring
    grim toll
    mirror of truth
    calamity grasp, kinetic ripper and spinning fate

unbuffed stats:

speed: 2.18/ 1.26, 8.6% haste
    ap: 3538, arPen 10.6%
    hit: 480
    crit 36.2%
    exp: 23

other gear options: valorous T7 chest and shoulders, proto-hiding leggings, shoulderpads of the monolith, legging of swift reflexes, gloves of smoldering touch.
    all those gears got pros and cos, but i cant see which will provide the best dps

wahh i need some enlightment!

Quote Originally Posted by Souljir
    thanks.
    god bless!*sneeze*
    1% crit = ~83.333 agility that means that .10% = ~8.333agi
    1.333 agility = ~0.0125% crit - thats as close as i can get to a flat 1 agi to crit ratio

feel free to double check this, but i think its accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Souljir
    thanks.
    god bless!*sneeze*
    I believe if you check your character sheet and mouse over Agility it will say "increases crit chance by xx.xx%". From there I think you can just do some simple math. For example, on my character sheet I have 1206 agility and it increases my crit chance by 14.18%. So 14.18/1206 = 0.01 and change... So 1 Agi =~ 0.01% increased crit chance if I'm not mistaken. It's actually a bit more than 0.01%, more like 0.01175... but you get the picture...
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Thanks for the reply Ash,

I have tried combat daggers. while they are fast, they fall behind as a combat spec.

I regemmed my gear back to glinting monarch topaz's and a few Bright Scarlet Rubs and
    will try sword/sword tonight on Yogg in Ulduar. I imagine we will wipe our first go, usually do on warm ups.
    Second attempt I will try calamity/golem sticker again.

The only big difference I see between my sword/sword and fist/sword atm is
    with sword/sword:
    -5.5% crit
    +1.09% haste
    -10 AP
    +8 damage