Please give me more buffs.

Please, please, please.
    My Death Knight wanted to try 2v2 with a Disc Priest for fun, so I dropped my 2100 team with a Rogue because the Rogue had downs and only wanted to play extremely late at night (i.e. 5:00 AM). After about 110 games, he quit out of frustration and declared that Priests are by far the worst healing class for PvP, and I have to agree. The only classes we can do well with are ones with amazing CC; Hunters and Rogues. Both of which have the largest population of retards and kids with downs syndrome.

Basically, what happens, is I get blown up. He has no way to disarm or stun (aside from ghoul), so he can do very little to get things off of me. Warriors charge back after Death Grip, Feral Druids leap back, Rogues CloS and sprint back, Retadins Repentance me until they can get back, Death Knights Grip me back, and so on. And then my DK is left sitting there, having absolutely no abilities that can get them off of me. In the case of teams that can't blow me up, we just plain lose due to the fact my healing is inferior or my mana regeneration is inferior. It's extremely frustrating. If I have an MS debuff on, there's absolutely no way for me to heal through most DPS.

Anything with a Paladin or double DPS is basically an instant lose (see: every single team we face). We can't win the mana war, we can't win the DPS war. We try to blow up the Paladin, I get strangulated as it bubbles and can't mass dispel. Boom, Holy Light, back to square one except I'm at 50% health. My DK can't peel the Paladin's DPS off me because I need to be LoS 100% of the time, and therefore can't dispel Freedom without risking getting stunned, charged, snared, etc.
    Double DPS CC my Death Knight and can basically cut me down in 4-5 seconds through Pain Suppression; some games, I don't even get to do anything but trinket the opener and Pain Suppression myself before the stun/silence is reapplied and I die.

Please, please, please, can we be given a viable composition in 2v2 with some class that isn't dominated by bad players? Or maybe just a little bit more survivability? I'm sitting at over 1000 resilience; it's obviously not doing anything for me.

Re: Please give me more buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Please, please, please.
    My Death Knight wanted to try 2v2 with a Disc Priest for fun, so I dropped my 2100 team with a Rogue because the Rogue had downs and only wanted to play extremely late at night (i.e. 5:00 AM). After about 110 games, he quit out of frustration and declared that Priests are by far the worst healing class for PvP, and I have to agree. The only classes we can do well with are ones with amazing CC; Hunters and Rogues. Both of which have the largest population of retards and kids with downs syndrome.

Basically, what happens, is I get blown up. He has no way to disarm or stun (aside from ghoul), so he can do very little to get things off of me. Warriors charge back after Death Grip, Feral Druids leap back, Rogues CloS and sprint back, Retadins Repentance me until they can get back, Death Knights Grip me back, and so on. And then my DK is left sitting there, having absolutely no abilities that can get them off of me. In the case of teams that can't blow me up, we just plain lose due to the fact my healing is inferior or my mana regeneration is inferior. It's extremely frustrating. If I have an MS debuff on, there's absolutely no way for me to heal through most DPS.

Anything with a Paladin or double DPS is basically an instant lose (see: every single team we face). We can't win the mana war, we can't win the DPS war. We try to blow up the Paladin, I get strangulated as it bubbles and can't mass dispel. Boom, Holy Light, back to square one except I'm at 50% health. My DK can't peel the Paladin's DPS off me because I need to be LoS 100% of the time, and therefore can't dispel Freedom without risking getting stunned, charged, snared, etc.
    Double DPS CC my Death Knight and can basically cut me down in 4-5 seconds through Pain Suppression; some games, I don't even get to do anything but trinket the opener and Pain Suppression myself before the stun/silence is reapplied and I die.

Please, please, please, can we be given a viable composition in 2v2 with some class that isn't dominated by bad players? Or maybe just a little bit more survivability? I'm sitting at over 1000 resilience; it's obviously not doing anything for me.
    No,
    Just no.

Please, please, please.

See what i did there?

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

So you play DK and you complain that Priest class is underpowerd so you ask for a DK buff for yourself?

Wouldnt it make sence to buff the priest instead then? >.<

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    So you play DK and you complain that Priest class is underpowerd so you ask for a DK buff for yourself?

Wouldnt it make sence to buff the priest instead then? >.<
    Your name says it all.

He has no way to disarm or stun (aside from ghoul), so he can do very little to get things off of me. Warriors charge back after Death Grip, Feral Druids leap back, Rogues CloS and sprint back, Retadins Repentance me until they can get back, Death Knights Grip me back, and so on. And then my DK is left sitting there, having absolutely no abilities that can get them off of me.
    Ye DKs need more buffs, they arent rly viable for arena Blizz should give them disarm, aoe fear, HoJ and sheep, at least!
    /end sarcasm

L2P issues..

15+ Year Old Account

Don't feed the territroll. It only encourages him to type more stupid things that make us wish we could punch his teeth out irl.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted

I don't agree with this at all. Even though I am a DK even I will admit that we're OP right now.

Best way to balance DK's in PvP would be to make DG a ranged stun instead. Yeah sure, you're stunned and can't do anything but it will take time for us to get to you and it's a better alternative to the "Wtf?" I win button it is atm.

Wow... just wow... have read this forum for a long time, but never felt the need to register and post till now...

L2COMPREHEND....

He is talking from a priest PoV....

Good F'in God you people are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Girryn
    Lol'd hard DDD

I don't think disc priests are amazing pvp healers but then I don't think they're underpowered either. At the moment I find that Holy Pallys are probably way ahead of the healing classes but the remaining classes are reasonably similar.

Disc priests get a decent amount of instants to heal themselves, PoM, PW:S, Renew and DP on a CD (which I bind with IF in an attempt to get it to crit a bit). In addition we get focused will & blessed recovery which are types of uninteruptable healing, and on the surface they look poor but they add up over the time of a match.

Disc priests also get penance which imo is probably the most powerful healing spell there is. Sure atm we can't self target but that change is comming. It's certainly a nice tool to have to heal your partner and a lot of the heal is instant.

You describe having problems playing with a DK... I think a DK is a nice partner for a disc priest coz they are probably weaker healing their partner than they are healing themselves. As such if a DK gets focused he is a hard target to heal which helps you out a bit.

A DK has a few things he can do to help you... he can DG & Chains of ice for one. Mark of blood (i think it's call that) is a nice little mitigation ability. Certain specs can tomb people in ice and pet stun is another nice utility.

TBH I just think you haven't learnt how to play in a way that you survive long enough, and you're probably not playing to your strengths. For example, Fearing a healer, then strangulating them, then MCing them is a nice way to give your DK the time to burst someone down. You also have the ability to dispel peoples buffs and this is a particularly good tactic to use on an opposing priest, if you rip their PW:S, Renew, PoM, Focused Will and Blessed recoveries off immediately they lose a vast portion of their survivability... throw in a strangulate and you'll find the drop pretty quick.

In any case I dont' think we need massive buffs, some nice changes are comming but they will never make up for people not being innovative with their class.

15+ Year Old Account

Disc priest paired with a player that's competent can dominate in 2s.

What you lack is a player that's good. It's not your class, it's your partner. Just find someone who's a better player. Perhaps another rogue?

We don't need buffs in PvP. I get so tired of hearing that. If I can see a demonology warlock and resto shammy make it to 2200, then ANY pairing save two healers can do the same.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I'd have to say druids are far worse of then we are tbh.

I have a few tips form when i played with a dk
    Use the "terrain or whatever to your advantage... I.e. in blade's edge, stay on the pillars and have your dk pull whatever opens on you down... And if a pala repentance you to get back, in most cases it's pretty safe to trinket that, and they shouldn't really get back onto you if your dk is doing his job and you are dispelling freedoms.

Against warriors, after the first death grip, you should easily manage to stay away long enough for the second one to be up.

Rogue closing and sprinting is basically happening once every min tops. And if he's blowing vanish too, that's just part of fighting a rogue, surviving the cds. I hear most rogues use dual wound these days, which should make it easier to fake cast and get some healing of.

Haven't played the last couple of weeks, so I dont know about recent buffs to ferals, but once I started turning my back away from them, they weren't that bad to tank. Obviously the stuns play a major factor here, but preshield before opening and try to stay topped of and it shouldnt be a problem to get blown up at least. Next patch will give us a glyph for pain suppression while stunned, so maim can be countered by that when needed.

My DK can't peel the Paladin's DPS off me because I need to be LoS 100% of the time, and therefore can't dispel Freedom without risking getting stunned, charged, snared, etc.
    Either you're LOSing the pala's dps, in which case you dont need peels. Or you can dispell freedoms, its that simple.

You also seem to forget you have a fear, which when timed right is pretty decent.
    Wanting viable comps with classes that arent dominated by "bad" players is pretty retarded -.- There's loads of great players from those classes too, there's just more of them in general. And tbh most classes are dominated by retards.

I don't see how any double dps should be instant loss. If you los your dk can survive for quite a while, obviously mage/rogue is hard though, but far from impossible. Sw sheeps are vital here.

Last of all, we're getting some really nice buffs next patch, so check the patchnotes before posting your next useless whinethread

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    In any case I dont' think we need massive buffs, some nice changes are comming but they will never make up for people not being innovative with their class.
    QFT