Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How much AP should a ret paladin have?

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    possible with +110 AP instead of Berserker and two AP increasing professions, and/or Bandits Insigna + Greatness.

Actually, with all that stuff, even 3900-4000 base AP is possible.
    i know its possible. just want to see how he did it for comparisation.

For ppl which are saying "i got 3600+ atk power without any buffs event without imp might" wanna se your armory link and yes btw DO you have capsed hit rating and expertise? I have feeling that answer is negative
    P.s. i know that isnt mandatory to have maxx hit ratings but just for fun show your amory link.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Maneken
    For ppl which are saying "i got 3600+ atk power without any buffs event without imp might" wanna se your armory link and yes btw DO you have capsed hit rating and expertise? I have feeling that answer is negative
    P.s. i know that isnt mandatory to have maxx hit ratings but just for fun show your amory link.
    we dont need to be hit/expetise capped to do good dmg. so its meaningless to ask.

see my sig and you see the stats and where to look

EU armory is totaly fucked up and haven't been updated for 3 weeks.. But i'll take a SS if you really doubt me

I'm at 3615 with most of my BIS, felt weird going from jawbone with 110AP to BoH with zerking and watching my AP drop by like 120 even tho i knew it was my BIS.... actually i know this is kinda offtopic but does anyone have any solid numbers on the 4 piece set bonus vs the non set BIS? i went with the non set BIS but i have been wondering lately if getting the 4 piece will increase my DPS?

oh and armory :P http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...urissan&n=Fate

well i was gonna post mine

but unfortunately i logged off in my pvp gear =\

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Skull&n=Dhvata

but still 3447 ap unbuffed in pvp gear with 598 resilience isn't too shabby 3600 is attainable even with hit and expertise cap, especially if your using items like inevitable defeat / jawbone / undiminished breastplate / grim toll etc

btw limboman how come only using 1 piece of tier? did you not like your set bonuses at all? and btw nice gear =p

Quote Originally Posted by Limboman
    does anyone have any solid numbers on the 4 piece set bonus vs the non set BIS? i went with the non set BIS but i have been wondering lately if getting the 4 piece will increase my DPS?
    So is looking like voltron really worth it? Let's take a quick look.

Maths, skip if you don't care how these conclusions were formed
    WITH 4pc bonus, raid buffed -
    Fight lasts 4 minutes (240 seconds):
    - 34 judgements (as opposed to 30 without 4pc)
    - 2638 extra mana from JotW
    (2638 / 240) x 5 = 55, so 55 mp5
    - 7800 average judgement damage
    70% assumed critrate
    4600 - 9200 damage range on judgements
    - 31200 more damage from judgements
    Tier 7 2pc: 10% damage to DS
    This only boosts the damage done by DS itself, not the seal it triggers, making it a 110% weapon strike with the bonus. Since DS accounts for ~10% of a paladin's average damage, we can say that 2pc T7 grants you a 1% damage increase.

Tier 7 4pc: -1s cooldown on judgements
    Since judgements now account for ~25% of our total damage (and the majority of our mana income), we can say that 4pc T7 grants you a 3% damage incease, in addition to 55mp5.

After about 2 months of raid testing and comparisons, it appears that it is in your best interest to use 4pc - despite the fact that it uses several weaker pieces than offset items would offer, the ~4% increased dps and 55mp5 (which allows heavy usage of consecrate without mana issues) are worth it. Note that as you do more dps, the 4% damage gain scales with you; so a paladin doing an average of 3000 dps would see a ~120 dps boost, but a paladin in topend gear doing 5000 dps would see a 200 dps boost

Quote Originally Posted by Limboman
    I'm at 3615 with most of my BIS, felt weird going from jawbone with 110AP to BoH with zerking and watching my AP drop by like 120 even tho i knew it was my BIS.... actually i know this is kinda offtopic but does anyone have any solid numbers on the 4 piece set bonus vs the non set BIS? i went with the non set BIS but i have been wondering lately if getting the 4 piece will increase my DPS?

oh and armory :P http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...urissan&n=Fate
    Nice gear, amazingly high hit and expertise rating for so much atk power.
    Btw, cant be sure if will be good m8 to get atleast first set bonus, cause Ds bonus dmg isnt so bad.

In comparison to hit at the level of about 5-6%, strength starts to be more of an ideal gemming/equiping. Also expertise cap is not needed though some of it is very nice but with the BiS gear u get enough to not matter beyond that point.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ammer&n=Nyenth
    +libram of radiance

Add impBOM, the proccs (berserking+greatness) as well as the FotFF and you get the potential of 6k AP selfbuffed, although thats rare hehe.

You can swap FotFF trinket with MoT in some fights as well that require mobility.

TY for yours armory links guys.

thanks :P the reason i'm only using 1 piece of tier is that i got retardedly lucky in naxx in the first week of raiding and got my legs and shoulders and gloves in 1 naxx and i actually got the 10 man tier chest.... by then i thought screw it...i haven't seen any solid numbers saying full BIS is worse than 4 piece bonus (with all that freeking haste on the tier set i was loathe to swap out my pieces), but seeing those numbers i would be very tempted now to go grab the other 3 set pieces.....hmmm wonder if ill have time to get em before ulduar....

i've got 3960 ap self buff

look at yaagami on suramar

I have 3669, non JC in my raid gear, when I switch out to my dps gear its around 3700ish.

Of course when you add in the Darkmoon Card:Greatness and the Fury of the Five Flights it gets up there.

In raids, fully buffed with procs I have seen astronomical numbers. My normal crits for JoM are around 11000+.

But it goes to the orginial reply of "FOR WHAT?" For Raiding worry about your +hit first, then at 8% start stacking crit and AP. Haivng a decent amount of Expertise doesn't hurt either.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aenor&n=Kyalia

Quote Originally Posted by kazuya
    i've got 3960 ap self buff

look at yaagami on suramar
    we been talkin about 3600 ap unbuffed without self buffs as well

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kyalia

But it goes to the orginial reply of "FOR WHAT?" For Raiding worry about your +hit first, then at 8% start stacking crit and AP. Haivng a decent amount of Expertise doesn't hurt either.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aenor&n=Kyalia
    you sir just failed. do some research on hit for retribution pala's

I was under the impression that after 3.0 it was reduced to 8%, but I haven't missed rolling with 7.5%. What pray tell is it?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kyalia
    I was under the impression that after 3.0 it was reduced to 8%, but I haven't missed rolling with 7.5%. What pray tell is it?
    ur right about the 8% hit part

top dps ret paladins will never make it to the cap because of the BiS gear

I am out of touch with forum lingo, BiS? Is that non-set items?

BiS is Best in Slot. the best possible item you could get in that slot

Well that brings up a question I saw before, and that is, is BiS better than 4 pc bonus?

Considering the havoc I unleash with JoM, and the extra mana I would hesitiate to think it does, but you can still get a lot of mana regent through healing until 3.1.

I haven't tried just getting all BiS items and have been trying to keep my + hit up, should I drop those damn Iorn Spring Jumpers and lace up my Mealoncholy Sabatons?