Seal of Righteousness the new choice for Ret?

With the recent changes to Seal of Blood/Martyr, it leaves one to question...

With the extra points now for ret, would it be logical to pick up this glyph:

Glyph of Seal of Righteousness: Increases damage done by this seal by 30%.

And spec into 5 points of Seals of the Pure increasing it by another 15%.

Just a thought about the possible direction they may be trying to go.

Re: Seal of Righteousness the new choice for Ret?

First I was going to laugh my ass off at this post, but when you think about it, it might be worth checking out the damage increase. I doubt it scales with AP as well as Seal of the Martyr, but I'll go on the PTR and check it out and see what I turn out with. Though I don't think the Righteousness swings can crit, while martyr can.

Maybe. The glyph may only buff the SoR proc damage and not the Judgment damage. This needs more thorough testing and could change in future ptr patches.

Even if the SoR Glyph doesn't effect judgment damage, the math on Glyph of SoR + SoTP Vs. Glyph of Exorcism + Blood is close. Redcape believes SoR comes out on top.

And that assumes that whatever changes are made to Glyph of Seal of Blood don't increase the damage.

Redcape's math was based on the gylph effecting both judgement and seal damage, Martyr comes out head with exo, judgement and cons gylphs.

The glyph does NOT increase the damage of the judgement, only the swing. I tried now, my dps without any buffs, and the basic rotation. Was done on a basic level 80 boss target dummy.

DPS with Righteousness: ~3200
    DPS with Martyr: ~3400

Was done on a time of exactly 2 minutes. Obviously to get it more accurate I'd need several tries over and over and get an average of the tries dps.

Also, the swings from righteousness couldn't crit.

stiil seem that SoB/SoM will be the seal of choice even with the recoil and no SA. Remember the reason SoB/Som has recoil dmg is because it does more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by solaste
    stiil seem that SoB/SoM will be the seal of choice even with the recoil and no SA. Remember the reason SoB/Som has recoil dmg is because it does more damage.
    Wrong, it has recoil damage because we're supposed to get healed and gain mana from Spiritual Attunement, which is now a prot talent in 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker
    Wrong, it has recoil damage because we're supposed to get healed and gain mana from Spiritual Attunement, which is now a prot talent in 3.1.
    This was a god damn side effect. The reason the seals does damage to you is that its more effective.

The glyph does NOT increase the damage of the judgement, only the swing. I tried now, my dps without any buffs, and the basic rotation. Was done on a basic level 80 boss target dummy.

DPS with Righteousness: ~3200
    DPS with Martyr: ~3400

Was done on a time of exactly 2 minutes. Obviously to get it more accurate I'd need several tries over and over and get an average of the tries dps.

Also, the swings from righteousness couldn't crit.
    For humor/thoroughness, mind DPS testing SoC?

the reason it does dmg to you when you do dmg is due to SoB/SotM being the HIGHEST dps seal paladins have. if it were designed for the way you described, why would blizz remove SA and not fully rework the seal?

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    the reason it does dmg to you when you do dmg is due to SoB/SotM being the HIGHEST dps seal paladins have. if it were designed for the way you described, why would blizz remove SA and not fully rework the seal?
    Are people really that stupid?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43867

Do you think that's going to stay the way it is as well, even with the change? They've already mentioned that they're working on retribution and getting another source of mana. Not everything you see on the PTR or current patch notes are final, more changes will be added and changed.

15+ Year Old Account

Are people really that stupid?
    sadly, yes

Also Glyph of Seal of Righteousness is +10% not +30%