Poll: Raid Boss That Prot Pallies have MT'd the most

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

15+ Year Old Account

Protection Pally Main Tank Experience

GOOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Re: Protection Pally Main Tank Experience

Tanked them all a few times, but I'd hedge my bets most Palas end up MTing Patch the most.

I have Mt them all almost every week. i dont think that pallys are limt to any fight anymore

Tank everything every week, with the exception of Sarth3D.
    "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Hwangchung
    Tank everything every week, with the exception of Sarth3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    I MT a lot of other fights there though, and i've MTed them all at one point or another, but we rotate tanks around for who'll MT which fight.
    This, mostly. Now, which fight is best suited for a pally main tank? Loatheb and Patchwerk, mostly. A smooth income of damage on Patch is good, and the 102.4% ability on Loatheb means you can push his weak hits off of the table. I've done full blocks on him for ~10 seconds, haven't lost more than 500 health per "phase".
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

I'm usually the MT on patchwerk even though I out-gear hateful tanks because I can frontload the most threat so its easier to set up our 3 other two tanks without them passing me.

15+ Year Old Account

Our warrior OT can't keep up with our pally MT so when we wanted em to switch roles on patch it was difficult. i'd have to say sarth though considering it's basically another half hour boss that you can do before your naxx run every week.

I disagree with the premise. Who tanks what fight is dependent on way more then just class.

Patchwerk - Your least geared tank MT's patchwerk. This usually means whichever recruit gets brought in for upgrades or however your guild does it. Both effective health and avoidence are what you want for hateful tanking, maintaining block cap is less important here.

Kel'thuzad - Doesn't particularly favor any class. Possibly DK for the magic reduction abilities.

Malygos - This fight is far more about execution then class ability. Practicing this in 10 man has made me able to do it without even thinking/worrying about other peoples DG cooldown.

Thaddius - Barely requires a tank.

Sartharion - Least capable of dealing with MT'ing sarth3 then other. Lowest health pool combined with the least amount of tricks to handle magic damage. Any of the adds are where paladins should be.

Loatheb - Likely the best tanks here as we can block cap. MT for this fight is a joke anyway.

Maexxena - Put your highest effective health tank on Maexxna. You should really only see 1 web wrap during the frenzy (read: only tricky part of the fight) but if your dps are fail, either swap tanks or use a paladin to hand of sacrifice another tank.

not necessarily true about above poster's comment of Patchwerk. I main tank patchwerk since I can do the most threat on him. i've gotten to 9k TPS with some chained crits and no DPS can catch up to me. It's how we do the achievment to kill Patch in less than 3minutes since the dps can go all out.

Our warrior tank and I have a bit of a system

We usually /use seal of dalaran

with the loser having to be the "effort tank", while the other one takes the easy job

Most fights, MT means you get to watch tv while tanking, while OT means you have periods of inactivity interspersed with quick pickups and frontloading of threat, so good while eating / reading forums

Some fights you have to concentrate, these are the ones we flip for (Or have our regular lines as to why the other tank is better itemised for it etc)