Ret Paladins and Aura Mastery

If a Retribution Paladin fully specced into Sactified (1) and Swift (3) Retribution activates Aura Mastery (11 pt holy talent), does the aura actually provide:

Damage Caused by Retribution Aura increased by 100%
    All damage caused by friendly targets affected by the aura increased by 6%
    Casting, ranged, and melee attack speeds increased by 6%
    ?

If so, it appears this is a substantial buff (especially during heroism) - are ret pallies planning on speccing into it?

Re: Ret Paladins and Aura Mastery

It looks like that is how the talent is lookin now, but i doubt that this is correct since other classes have the +3% dmg and +3% haste buffs, and i havent seen any other buffs to boomkins/shamans to give this to them too.

so unless we see a buff to them i can bet that aura mastery wont apply to those affects

but hey i could be totally wrong =p

True, then there would be a semi-unique raid buff effect (albeit on a cooldown) and we can't be having that according to the current design philosophy. Still, it would be really cool.

Even though ret is so bloated as it is.. I don't see many putting 11 points into Holy just for that

In 3.1 all the talents that buff our Ret aura will apply to whatever aura we have active (same goes for Imp Devo aura, etc). That being the case, 99.9% of the time the Ret Paladin will have either Frost or Fire Resist aura up, since Ret aura is, has been, and will forever be completely useless.

I will concede that at least on Anub and Maexxna, it does help to kill the little spiders...but meh, Ret Aura will cease to have any use come 3.1

Even though ret is so bloated as it is.
    Really? I was looking at something like this and still can't find a home for the last point. Are there some essential ret talents I overlooked? I was under the (very possibly misguided) impression that you guys had a lot of points to play with.
    ...and will forever be completely useless.
    The raid-wide 3% damage and haste don't seem very useless, assuming the buffs aren't being provided by another raider...

Quote Originally Posted by Kadas
    The raid-wide 3% damage and haste don't seem very useless, assuming the buffs aren't being provided by another raider...
    In 3.1, the ret paladin provides those buffs regardless of which aura he's using. In other words, this gives us the freedom to choose the best aura for the fight without sacrificing raid dps. Ret aura in itself is rarely the best choice and we'll be more likely to use frost or fire in 3.1 since our 3% damage and haste buffs will remain. I think this is the point the guy you quoted was making.

If aura mastery does boost our passive buffs to 6% damage and haste, it will certainly be something my group will use during BL. I'll have to discuss it with our holy paladins to see who will be taking it (or if all of us should, to chain it during a fight). That is, IF it goes live doubling our talented aura buffs.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Ah - I totally missed that. Thank you for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadas
    If a Retribution Paladin fully specced into Sactified (1) and Swift (3) Retribution activates Aura Mastery (11 pt holy talent), does the aura actually provide:

Damage Caused by Retribution Aura increased by 100%
    All damage caused by friendly targets affected by the aura increased by 6%
    Casting, ranged, and melee attack speeds increased by 6%
    ?

If so, it appears this is a substantial buff (especially during heroism) - are ret pallies planning on speccing into it?
    yes it will increasre the damage dealt back to your attacker buy 100% but no it will not increase the talents in your tree in other words aura master does not increase "sanctified retribution" and "swift retibution" by 100% only ret aura , because ret aura does not give 3% haste and 3% damage , the talents do

11/5/X is new spec if they wont add anything new to game

Blizzard could change imp. Lay on hands and Purifying power places, so retri paladins would do more damage and it wont increase their pvp burst since they want to go deeper in prot while pvp'ing.

so new spec would do 13/5/X and everyone would be happy ;D

does aura mastery affect Cruasder aura??

/charge
    Nerf 5 VS 1!!

While i agree the improved auras affecting everything will be nice, there is nothing wrong with ret aura in a raid situation that doesnt require a resist aura. In fact ret aura is very nice for the tanks, especially on hard aoe situations like Sarth.

And yes, aura mastery will make crusade 40% for 10 secs, and it doesnt dismount you as of last time i used it. So yeah, 280% speed on land. and 224%-532%-574% speed depending on your drake.

Quote Originally Posted by NerDy
    does aura mastery affect Cruasder aura??

/charge
    Atm, yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    And yes, aura mastery will make crusade 40% for 10 secs, and it doesnt dismount you as of last time i used it. So yeah, 280% speed on land. and 224%-532%-574% speed depending on your drake.
    What???

last time I checked land was 100% speed inrease and air was 60%, 280% and 320%. adding the 40% would make it 140% for land and 100%, 320%, 360% for air since it's based on normal run speed
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    What???

last time I checked land was 100% speed inrease and air was 60%, 280% and 320%. adding the 40% would make it 140% for land and 100%, 320%, 360% for air since it's based on normal run speed
    On an epic land mount (100% speed), you move at 200% normal running speed. With Crusader Aura you move at 240% normal running speed. With Aura mastery Crusader Aura you move at 280% normal running speed.

On an epic flying mount (280%) speed, you move at 380% normal running speed. Multiply by your speed buff. 532% normal running speed with a 40% buff.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.