Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: [Priest] Talent & Glyph Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dulthis^
    I don't know why you have Spell Warding instead of Divine fury, then why you have Blessed Resilience. I think that Serendipity is very useful talent. Then Insipration... raiders don't need armor so much. Surge of Light is also very good talent. You can have one flash heal for free and gain serendipity for PoH.
    I don't think you understand this spec. It is a raid only healing spec. No GH are used at all. 1 point into SoL is enough to trigger the free FH. The speed increase to PoH by going into Serendipity is not worth points. This spec is simply to raid heal with if I need to single or double target heal I would convert back to Disc (my other spec). You would use Renew, CoH, PoM & sometimes; PoH & FH.

Quote Originally Posted by Knocknoc
    I don't think you understand this spec. It is a raid only healing spec. No GH are used at all. 1 point into SoL is enough to trigger the free FH. The speed increase to PoH by going into Serendipity is not worth points. This spec is simply to raid heal with if I need to single or double target heal I would convert back to Disc (my other spec). You would use Renew, CoH, PoM & sometimes; PoH & FH.
    Might I actually suggest: this build for what you're looking for? Blessed Resilience is weak, and 0/3 Serendipity can make the difference in some fights.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Yeah, a talent that is only really useful when you die is really awesome... but then again perhaps you die a lot, because you've even wasted a glyph spot for something that should occur very seldom.
    Hilarious.

It's a fantastic spell to have in both a raid or HC or pvp environment. Sometimes shit happens, someone pulls aggro, someone is about to die and BAM you've saved them. I can't count how many times this has saved a raid from being a wipe. Sure I don't use it very often. Maybe once or twice a lockout, probably less now everything has been nerfed, but when it's needed I'd rather have that particular tool than enjoy the slow run back to my corpse.

The same can be applied to Desperate Prayer. So very awesome. Just not all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Hilarious.

It's a fantastic spell to have in both a raid or HC or pvp environment. Sometimes shit happens, someone pulls aggro, someone is about to die and BAM you've saved them. I can't count how many times this has saved a raid from being a wipe. Sure I don't use it very often. Maybe once or twice a lockout, probably less now everything has been nerfed, but when it's needed I'd rather have that particular tool than enjoy the slow run back to my corpse.

The same can be applied to Desperate Prayer. So very awesome. Just not all the time.
    Explain to me how Spirit of Redemption saved wipes? Or did you read my post and apply it to guardian spirit?

For the record, GS is a great spell... Spirit of Redemption is an ok talent but the SR glyph is awful (and this was the context of my post).

I've changed my mind on my holy build to this, I can't decide whether sacraficing 1% crit is worth it to max healing focus... possibly so, it's not very often a wipe occurs because you didn't crit 1% extra but delaying a clutch heal from random raid damage does... so i'd possibly make that change.

For the record I don't mind people taking the points out of divine fury and putting them into spell warding, particularly if their healing style really doesn't involve Gheal. I just personally like having the secruity of a fast big heal up my sleeve if the tank spikes or a particular raid member. Serendipity makes that gheal extremely quick so I think it's a good utility to have.

Other than that, everything else is pretty standard. I don't mind missing out on inner focus, I think it's nice utility to have but I think everything i've selected in the holy tree is better. I also don't believe mental agility is necessary, holy priest mana can be managed fine without it... all our innervates go to arcane mages, I can't recall the last time a holy priest actually got an innervate.

Explain to me how Spirit of Redemption saved wipes? Or did you read my post and apply it to guardian spirit?

For the record, GS is a great spell... Spirit of Redemption is an ok talent but the SR glyph is awful (and this was the context of my post).

Was trying to resist but I simply can't.

It's obvious to yourself and everyone else that you mixed up GS and SoR in your head. Mistakes happen, and yes it's painful when trying to flame someone to find yourself being horribly wrong.

But don't even try to convince us that you meant SoR in your first post, since you clearly quoted a post commenting on GS. Nobodys buying it, so might as well save face and just admit you mixed them up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    For the emergency healing, I'd pick up the SoR glyph. Just for the sake of having a few more "Oh shit" seconds. And seeing as we're picking up Improved Power Word: Shield (if threat's fine) why not the glyph for it as well if we need the health buffer... for non-5 mans.
    I probably meant to quote this, instead of what I orginally quoted... who knows, maybe I was on smack at the time?

I probably meant to quote this, instead of what I orginally quoted... who knows, maybe I was on smack at the time?

I think most people here's on smack.

On topic: GS, PoH and CoH are the glyphs I've found best for the way I like to play.

I also don't really understand all the fuss about b&s-talent. Weakened soul is for disc. People need to run in time instead of having a welfare speed boost.

And I think skipping Divine Fury and Empowered Healing should be done without question for a raiding holy priest.

Which was, of course, for smite and having no reference to anything else you were saying. From a post back a month ago. Grats, Worshaka.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

There's no way you're gonna wiggle out of this. Your pathetic attempt to flame me was called out by various other posters, and now you're trying to tell us you were refering to a completely differentquote, which has absolutely nothing to do with a healing spec, AND was posted more than a few weeks earlier?

Sorry but there's only the following to describe this:

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

lol epic fail^^

anyway im back with some crap to add here.

after hearing about the shafting disc is getting in 3.2 .. ive already decided to try a new hybrid build

I wanted to keep divine aegis, for pre-emtive healing buffer, whatever you wanna call it. whilst also seeing how much spell power i gained from all the spirit laden gear. after picking talents carfully i ended up with 45/26/0

this is totally PVE based.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...n=Meme&group=1

this is what im currently sporting, its been a slow week so i havent been able to test all the encounters in uld25 with it.

but im finding the spell power gained from spiritual guidance completely makes up for skipping penance (soon to be shit) and grace .. yes no more stacking grace to get a decent heal on ppl.

raid buffed im at somthing like 3077 sp .. holyshield proc just under 3400 about 3360 somewhere around that 5 sec bursts.
    37-9% crit (depending on foodbuff)
    297 haste rating

basically I've taken Divine Aegis (that and Pain Supression is the only reason disc is great imo) and skipped the last talents in disc because they are a waste of time when you can just spam 6 flash heals in the same time you can do 2 penances' meh it works .. took the cast time reduction off greater heal so thats there ready when needed. the spec is pretty boring basically spamming holy shields and flash heals everywhere, but it seems epic win. most of all im very happy ive managed to completely avoid having to keep stacking grace on everyone i wanna effectivly heal (without losing my average heal crit amounts), I've gained a massive amount of spell power from spirit and its so far paying off quite well, i think im actually doing better than i was as full disc, in total output at least.

It does look like a really crappy spec, I wanted to take renewed hope and aspiration and grace failing that spiritual healing except there just isnt enough talents to reach that far, but we can't win em all, just means I have to wait another 1min to use pain supress on the tank but thats not an issue really (most fights don't need more than 3 ppl doing cooldowns vezax for example). Ive found that even when I had penance I only really used it on a tank or some noob that pulled aggro on trash, even then in ulduar I think most of my healing done comes from Prayer of healing mostly, then flash heal 2nd and probably mending 3rd .. penance makes up such a small amount of actual effective healing it really isn't worth the talents, or at least it wont be with the extended cooldown, you can save a whole mess of trouble cut your rotation in half and still out put the same if not slightly more than you did previously. chaining flash heals feels very classic, although I do want to find a flaw with this build, I have yet to do so, the only flaw I can find with it is its pretty dull, chaining flash heal whilst throwing shield, pom and renew out every so often gets a bit tedious, penance did spice up a rotation, although now I don't have the spell i really do understand how gimmicky or situational it really was.

meh i hope they do somthing with the bottom of the disc tree, because i may just keep this build if we only see nerfs for 3.2 R.I.P penance, long live flash heal spamming meh i cant think of anything else to add. but if i find a fight this spec is utter crap for ill be sure to mension it, one thing i can say is the 51 pointers are deffinatly NOT mandatory.

15+ Year Old Account

yea because flash heal spamming can make up for a penance cast.

this is far from the end of disc, it adds 1.5 sec CD to penance. that's far from game-breaking.

if you dont use penance, respec holy as that sounds like the type of player you are based on using prayer of healing mostly. disc isnt a raid healing spec, if you are trying to make it that of course you wont use penance much.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

its mostly just ulduar like 80% of the fights contain a certain level of RAID damage. so aoe healing is higher than most other healing esspecally if you do say ignis xt2 kolo auraya .. all in 1 night i can bet every healer in your raid will have thier aoe heal as thier most effective heal. I can say that with a 1000000000% FACT because all them fights are nearly PURE raid damage fights.

holy is good I agree I was holy all through tbc, (was disc back in the level 60 days it was THE healing spec, holy priests just went oom every 2 mins)

I wanted to keep divine aegis and pain supression, they are amazing talents. if i wanted to go holy i'd have to stick with crappy guardian(bugged)spirit and circle of crap-ranged healing

if you think my post was a whine at disc or penance your wrong, just that after trying a new spec, taking what i wanted from disc and keeping enough talents to get spiritual guidance finding out ive not lost any effective healing, its working out well, i felt like sharing my new found knowledge.

3 flash heals are a bit longer than 1 penance, but not including the cooldown, the chance for a crit is also nice from penance although it does heal for LESS per bolt than a flash heal (because of grace stacking). all i can say there is L2precast. if you've done any hard fights befor you'd know that casts dont matter, rotation is everything. keeping it small throw out some flash heals, shield pom renew, gheal then back to flash heals ..just like holy i guess, except holy also cant reach the soul warding talent and gain the full effect from t8 4peice.

making a decent spec is awkward, although that is why i wanted to share the damage ive done to my chara on here and see what others think of the build, I just wanted a decent build for yogg 25, penance isn't great for that fight, at least in p3. i found on all the attempts ive done so far i used flash heal most of the time because everyone is constantly on the move.

1.5 sec onto penance is pretty bs, the glyph is there to just cover a nerf which is rather silly, as disc i find im last on nearly every night of raiding with a holy pala first winning by millions of healing done. even with the absorb amounts rufly added on, disc deffinatly doesnt need a nerf in pve, more like a buff imo. compared to druids and palas, disc is wayy behind. I wasnt trying to turn disc into a raid healing spec, penance cant do that, but it is possible to heal multipul targets using an addon called .. healbot .. or grid? combined with a raid frame addon for manual targeting.

Im in charge of the healing or at least target assignment in the guild im in, im also one of them ppl who (even tho i have a target to heal) will stand in the middle of as many ppl as possible and spot heal the entire raid if i can. i do like to push the ability of my toon, you say disc isnt a raid healing build well, thats not entirely true ive done it and succeeded. i normally raid with 6 healers aswell me included.

meh ive said all im going to say, ill check back here and see if anyone else thinks my spec is retarded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy
    I wanted to keep divine aegis and pain supression, they are amazing talents. if i wanted to go holy i'd have to stick with crappy guardian(bugged)spirit and circle of crap-ranged healing

3 flash heals are a bit longer than 1 penance, but not including the cooldown, the chance for a crit is also nice from penance although it does heal for LESS per bolt than a flash heal (because of grace stacking). all i can say there is L2precast. if you've done any hard fights befor you'd know that casts dont matter, rotation is everything. keeping it small throw out some flash heals, shield pom renew, gheal then back to flash heals ..just like holy i guess, except holy also cant reach the soul warding talent and gain the full effect from t8 4peice.
    If you want to Raid heal Holy is just more effective, although id arugably say disc can win out on a hardmode like freya+2/3 with shieldspamming the raid... you're really undervaluing gaurdian spirit & coh, a 6 target smart heal that crits for upwards of 4k is quite valuable, ive never had any problems with range although i do have the increased raidus talent. If you want to MT heal you really shouldnt gimp yourself by dropping penance for flash spam & greater-lol

I was reading the last few pages of the thread only because I'm a bit limited in time right now, but I came up with ths build: 14/57

But I got a few question

Is Empowered Healing worth the points? I don't got it but I thougt of moving the points form Test of Faith and 1 point from Surge of Light to Emp Healing ... or is ToF 3/3 + 2/2 SoL > 4/5 Emp Healing?

Blessed Resillience is a flat 3% add healing to all spells?

If I didn't mess up something holy heling is PoM, Flash, PW:S, 3 stack serendipidy Greater heal if only one takes dmg?

PoM, CoH, PoH, Flash as filler and to build up serendipidy stacks if raid is taking damage?

If so wouldn't be a 3% add heal better than Lighwell + Body and Soul or ToF?

As I said before it might be that those questions have been asked and answered before, but I'M short of time, sorry.
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    If I didn't mess up something holy heling is PoM, Flash, PW:S, 3 stack serendipidy Greater heal if only one takes dmg?
    I wouldnt be casting shield as holy when you're singletarget healing, I would be casting shield as holy if I had Body & Soul and if that person needs some extra movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    I was reading the last few pages of the thread only because I'm a bit limited in time right now, but I came up with ths build: 14/57

But I got a few question

Is Empowered Healing worth the points? I don't got it but I thougt of moving the points form Test of Faith and 1 point from Surge of Light to Emp Healing ... or is ToF 3/3 + 2/2 SoL > 4/5 Emp Healing?
    This is the spec that i use, theorycrafting has shown ToF > BR > emp healing (keep in mind this a comparison of 3/3 vs 3/3 vs 3/5) I would also place a high value on SoL for the instant on the move heal plus its a great regen talent. Lightwell is very situational and unless your raids are used to clicking it I wouldnt bother. B&S can be situationally quite useful (think Gravity bombs & light bombs on XT Hard) but its still only a handful of fights its useful on, and if you have a disc priest I wouldnt really bother.

This is my holy spec Holy Spec

This is my Disc Spec Disc Spec

I think imo are both insane Specs, Any Ideas but these work for me very well both can be raid heal specs due to Grace and shields. Holy for Serendipity and PoH and PoM Tested faith imo is a wasted talent and empowered renew u can spam and BaS is pro if u wanna run fast to a troubled soul who doesnt know how to play :P

Your Disc spec is missing something imho... you'r missing 3% crit from Focused Will, that proc Divine Aegis  also imho Imp. Renew is better than 6% (3 points) less dmg form spells on only you
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

If you have interest/are working on hardmodes, I really wouldnt reccomend dropping spell warding. On fights like Freya+3 it can truly be the difference between life and death, nearly all of the raid damage taken on many hardmodes is purely spell damage.