Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: [Priest] Talent & Glyph Discussion

I tried sifting through this thread... I have been away from the game since March and rerolled an Alliance Priest (was a Hordie, have always played a Priest though) so I feel a bit lost with some of the changes.

First, I know that no DPS likes to click lightwell, but is it at all useful in Ulduar? It is such a great heal and with the glyph, OP. But I know, from experience, that noone will click the dang thing. I just wish they would I guess :P

Second, I have poked around at a lot of builds. This is the one I am looking at ATM:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbuZfvzcbMqqhbeuVo:mf0
    And my question is: Empowered Healing. Do you really need that much more umph to your FHeal? For 5 points? I mean, 20% is nice, but it just seems like a lot of points to invest in FHeal (since GHeal is rarely used nowadays).
    Blessed Resilience or Test of Faith: More bang for your buck in Blessed Resilience, since it is a constant, but having the bigger heals when you need them with Test of Faith is nice. I know it is more of a personal opinion, but for someone with Ulduar under their belt, which is better?
    Inner Focus: On a few builds I looked at in this thread, they passed up Inner Focus. Just curious if there is a reason? Just don't use it enough or not a fan?

Thanks for any input and feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ainra
    First, I know that no DPS likes to click lightwell, but is it at all useful in Ulduar? It is such a great heal and with the glyph, OP. But I know, from experience, that noone will click the dang thing. I just wish they would I guess :P
    I like lightwell. My raiders click it. However, if you cannot train the dps to click it, then it does become a waste.

Second, I have poked around at a lot of builds. This is the one I am looking at ATM:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbuZfvzcbMqqhbeuVo:mf0
    The Anti-GH spec is mighty popular right now. I'd go with something like this: 14/57/0
    You can drop the 2/2 Body and Soul for something else, but honestly, I've found it a useful tool in many PvE situations. If you have a Disco priest in your raid, however, its mostly useless.

And my question is: Empowered Healing. Do you really need that much more umph to your FHeal? For 5 points? I mean, 20% is nice, but it just seems like a lot of points to invest in FHeal (since GHeal is rarely used nowadays).
    I'm still not 100% convinced that 5/5 Emp. Healing can be dropped. I tended to use FH as my "filler" spell and 20% extra SP coefficient is alot of extra healing. However, alot of folks have started to use renew instead of FH for that purpose. I like the math on paper for droping Emp. Healing, I'm just not quite yet sold on it in practice.

Blessed Resilience or Test of Faith: More bang for your buck in Blessed Resilience, since it is a constant, but having the bigger heals when you need them with Test of Faith is nice. I know it is more of a personal opinion, but for someone with Ulduar under their belt, which is better?
    Test of Faith. Your biggest contribution to your raid will be your massive burst AoE healing after raidwide AoE effects. These effects will more often than not drop people below 50% health. This is a no question take.

Inner Focus: On a few builds I looked at in this thread, they passed up Inner Focus. Just curious if there is a reason? Just don't use it enough or not a fan?
    Inner Focus is worth the 1 talent point alone to use in a macro with DH to make it both mana free and to give it the crit bonus.

Great points! The link you put in for the talent build didn't work, though. I appreciate the feedback

Great points! The link you put in for the talent build didn't work, though. I appreciate the feedback
    Erm... don't know why it didn't work. The link below does.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9901

Also, depending on your play-style, Glyph of Renew is a viable 3rd glyph. But PoH, CoH, and GS are hard to pass up. If your tank heals are on lock down, you could sub it in for GS. Keep in mind that GS with the glyph is pretty darn handy nowadays.

Again, the 2/2 Body and Soul has some pretty interesting applications that cannot be mathematically quantified. However, if you have a Disco priest raiding with you, put those 2 points into BR or EH without a doubt. If your raiders neglect lightwell, you can siphon that point into BR or EH as well.

Awesome, thanks for the repost!

I definitely see your point on glyphs. And I do hope my raid will click lightwell! So many bad experiences of NO ONE clicking it, at all, even with macros to send whispers or says or yells. They just refused.

Thanks again

Has anyone tried leaving out some of the deep holy tallents for more scaling talents in disc?
    I dont run this myself, just played around abit with the calculator.
    Could something like this work?
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Ambeon
    Has anyone tried leaving out some of the deep holy tallents for more scaling talents in disc?
    I dont run this myself, just played around abit with the calculator.
    Could something like this work?
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000
    While having more intellect is badass, 6% more spirit doesn't amount to much at all as far as regen goes, and the little itty bit of spellpower you get, you could've gained on pretty much all your spells by actually spec'ing back into Holy. And Improved Shield/Soul Warding is useless without a) Either Body&Soul, or B) Borrowed Time.

Nice idea on paper, but when it comes to your "scaling" talent of Enlightenment, your spells scale more with your deep holy talents.

And 0/3 Empowered Renew is just FTL, let alone no Test of Faith
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    While having more intellect is badass, 6% more spirit doesn't amount to much at all as far as regen goes, and the little itty bit of spellpower you get, you could've gained on pretty much all your spells by actually spec'ing back into Holy. And Improved Shield/Soul Warding is useless without a) Either Body&Soul, or B) Borrowed Time.

Nice idea on paper, but when it comes to your "scaling" talent of Enlightenment, your spells scale more with your deep holy talents.

And 0/3 Empowered Renew is just FTL, let alone no Test of Faith
    That plus Guardian Spirit is saucy, even more so with the awesome glyph.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

After some doubtful raids where I was wondering if a respec to loose Empowered Healing was needed, at my last raid http://wowwebstats.com/w3jh5efwm6iry?a=x380000002328893 of Hodir HM, I'd say switching from that 5/5 to full ToF, get Lightwell and another point wasted somewhere should be more effective.

Could have had Yogg 3 Lights of Yesterday, since Hodir is basically PoM/PoH/CoH spam, so FH here looks even more under-used, but the one recording the log dc'ed and forgot to enable it again, that noob.

Since I haven't seen anyone post my prefered spec I thought I'd contribute it:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9901

Desperate Prayer is expensive and extremely situational so I gave it a miss.
    Healing Prayers is a maybe, depends how much you use PoH tbh.
    Holy Reach is a maybe too for the same reason and the fact that range might not be an issue.
    The points into Test of Faith and Empowered Renew are interchangable with Serendipity and Blessed Resilience, it's all a matter of what you find most important. If you're MT/OT healing go for serendipity otherwise it's not going to be a huge help.
    And finally I'm not sure why people would opt out of going for Surge or Light. It's a huge mana saver and can be really handy for burst heals.

Anyway, that's just my two cents, thanks!

how come there are so few disc priests?

isn't disc pretty awesome? Not a raid healing spec, i suppose, but...

Quote Originally Posted by failoth

On the contrary, it is very awesome AND a raid healing spec. Or at least a MT healing spec. The reason why it's not really put up here that much is because there is one pretty standard 57/14 build, and nothing further to go from there for real gains.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Yeah, a talent that is only really useful when you die is really awesome... but then again perhaps you die a lot, because you've even wasted a glyph spot for something that should occur very seldom.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Yeah, a talent that is only really useful when you die is really awesome... but then again perhaps you die a lot, because you've even wasted a glyph spot for something that should occur very seldom.
    quoted so he cant delete / edit his post.

next time you try and flame someone, at least get your spells right, nub.

good attempt though.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    quoted so he cant delete / edit his post.

next time you try and flame someone, at least get your spells right, nub.

good attempt though.
    What he said. :P
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud

Shadow Priests lolololol

Deleted

This shows a serious lack of understanding of the need for burst damage prevention. The bonus heal effect alone is useful to pop on tank during high damage phases, the oops get tank back to 50% if he drops to zero makes it even better. The glyph then reduces the cooldown to make it usable often in rotation with other priests & paladins who have similar talent. What's not to like?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by failoth

As Kelesti said, how you spec as a discipline priest doesnt need discussing because it is pretty obvious which talents to pick.

So after reading most of the pages here, I was thinking of using this spec for raid heals

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9947

Not certain whether to use GS glyph or PoH.

My thinking is if I'm not going to use GH why put any points into it & putting 5 points just to make FH hit for 500 more health seems expensive, skip it & max out everything else.

I was also wondering about putting 2 more points into IPW:S & using it with the Glyph then I would spam PW:S & Renew between CoH (yes my main is a resto druid). Without Rapture I suspect this would be too mana intensive. Any thoughts.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Knocknoc
    So after reading most of the pages here, I was thinking of using this spec for raid heals

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9947

Not certain whether to use GS glyph or PoH.

My thinking is if I'm not going to use GH why put any points into it & putting 5 points just to make FH hit for 500 more health seems expensive, skip it & max out everything else.

I was also wondering about putting 2 more points into IPW:S & using it with the Glyph then I would spam PW:S & Renew between CoH (yes my main is a resto druid). Without Rapture I suspect this would be too mana intensive. Any thoughts.
    I don't know why you have Spell Warding instead of Divine fury, then why you have Blessed Resilience. I think that Serendipity is very useful talent. Then Insipration... raiders don't need armor so much. Surge of Light is also very good talent. You can have one flash heal for free and gain serendipity for PoH.