PTR Shadow Priests

How much DPS are you gaining on dummies? I've seen theory crafting, I was wondering how you guys were feeling about imp dev plague and the increase of dot crit in mind melt. Let me know!

Re: PTR Shadow Priests

I'am playing on PTR but recount doesn't work. Any ideas how to find out my dps?

We're not really gaining any dps. It's mostly changes to make us scale better with higher tiers of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    We're not really gaining any dps. It's mostly changes to make us scale better with higher tiers of gear.
    I 2nd that. although with the insane lag most of the time it's hard to get a good idea how the change has effected us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    +80 Spirit, 6% more dot-crit-chance, 15% instant and 15% more DP damage should account to a, while marginal, still noticable dps increase.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    +80 Spirit, 6% more dot-crit-chance, 15% instant and 15% more DP damage should account to a, while marginal, still noticable dps increase.
    But then Blizzard have removed our dot scaling from crit%, so in the end im not gaining any dps.. sadly :'( :'(

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Linara
    But then Blizzard have removed our dot scaling from crit%, so in the end im not gaining any dps.. sadly :'( :'(
    Gedankenexperiment:

On live you have 20% critchance. Therefore your dots do 20% more (base) damage.
    On ptr you have 20% critchance. Your dots have a 20% chance to do 100% more damage.

This should come out as almost the same damage, minus RNG fuckups. Actually it should be a minor
    dps increase because the extra 100% damage now scale with various buffs and debuffs, while before
    you would only get the multiplier to the dots base damage.

Now add 6% more critchance to dots and it is a noticable damage increase:

On live you have 20% critchance. Therefore your dots do 20% more (base) damage.
    On ptr you have 26% critchance. Your dots have a 26% chance to do 100% more damage.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

Dont forget the meta gem that increases crit damage by 3% so we got 103% more crit damage from crits

we should have better mono-target dps thanks to those changes, and noticably worse dps on trash thanks to pestilence bug fix

Quote Originally Posted by soyinka
    we should have better mono-target dps thanks to those changes, and noticably worse dps on trash thanks to pestilence bug fix
    The latter was fully dependant on the skills of your deekays.

We don't even have a DK in the raid half of the time