Is Undying Like Immortal?

Here is the thing i need to help my guild get undying ...i allready have it but i am one achievment away from my drake...which is Make Quick Werk of him...i am excited to get the drake....but don't want to leave them without me going in or screwed on the achievment if i go with them....so what i am asking if anyone knows if you can only be in on some bosses and still get the undying ....like the Immortal

if you've seen a blue post on this or have personal experience on this reply if you would..

This work of art was made by Paz.

Re: Is Undying Like Immortal?

You need to be in the instance when KT dies. If someone zones out, they won't get credit.

Essentially, you can bring someone in at KT on a clean ID and they'll get the title.

I don't know the post exactly, but I know he said this:

"Undying or Immortal is based on your raid ID, if 1 person comes in for 1 boss and dies, the whole raid loses the immortal/undying"

Something like that, but basically you could go in for patch, sub out and leave and let someone come in for undying.

Good luck on ur Undying and Patchwerk achievement.

As long as the people are there for KT dying when no one else has died, then they will get it. Regardless of how many bosses they were there for.

yeah i read the post 2 times and it is talking about Immortal...so i was really hoping that someone seen a post about undying or had some experience with it...i don't want to mess up my guilds chance...

Raids & Dungeons - The Immortal Q&A
    - The Immortal, can be done by killing KT w/ out dying (if you have not be present for any other bosses in that reset)
    Correct. If you do not die on any other bosses and get to Kel'thuzad, you could (conceivably) sell slots and bring in random people for Kel'thuzad and (assuming nobody dies), they would get the achievement.

- The Immortal, can be done by killing KT w/ out dying (even if the raid *w/ you not present* died on a boss)
    If anybody died on any boss, the raid ID is no good.

- The Immortal, can be archived by wiping a boss that anyone dies on ... and deaths will only count against you on the attempt in which the boss is actualy killed
    Wipes include deaths, so this makes the raid ID no good as well. Deaths on trash are fine, deaths on bosses nullify the raid ID for the whole week it is active. (Source)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by cyloria
    Here is the thing i need to help my guild get undying ...i allready have it but i am one achievment away from my drake...which is Make Quick Werk of him...i am excited to get the drake....but don't want to leave them without me going in or screwed on the achievment if i go with them....so what i am asking if anyone knows if you can only be in on some bosses and still get the undying ....like the Immortal

if you've seen a blue post on this or have personal experience on this reply if you would..
    O.o;

How'd you get all the other achievements if you can't down PW in 3 minutes? Running with 2 tanks and 8 healers or what?

The mechanics under the hood for undying work just like those for immortal.

There are several, albeit minor, loopholes.

First, if you lose someone to the first boss before he dies, you can wipe, pass someone else raid leader, clear trash again, and re-attempt. This only works if you lose someone on the first boss, and only if you change raid id's. (that said, raz is the hardest of the first, but on 10man its unlikely anything bad would happen. 25m you can see some pretty bad broken mc chains that lead to deaths and whatnot)

Second, if someone dies after the boss dies, but before combat is broken, you are PROBABLY fine. IE, grobbulus poison cloud deaths *after* grobb is dead.

Third, the Four Horseman encounter, contrary to rumor, IS included in immortal/undying. However, the flag for completion is rivendare. So, by most peoples accounts, if you lose someone to some mechanic after rivendare is dead, you can still get the achievements.

And to re-itterate. Immortal/undying work around raid ID, not achievement progress. If your raid ID is boss death free, and you kill KT, you achieve. Doesnt matter if you killed any other bosses in the instance, so long as its a CLEAN instance, you can get your title. Theres no trick here, thats just how it works. Theoretically this means you could swap players who have undying for players who dont when you hit KT, and as long as no deaths occured during the instance and no deaths occurred during KT, you get undying

Quote Originally Posted by NMecha
    O.o;

How'd you get all the other achievements if you can't down PW in 3 minutes? Running with 2 tanks and 8 healers or what?
    lol we can and most have i have just been in all of the Undying runs where caution was put above dps...including 3 healers and 2 tanks...and usually 8 manning because it is easier to get undying as a smaller group ...it seems...also i didn't do 10 man except on my alt for most of this expansion...
    anyways thanks for all the help....

edited for misplaced letters