Prot Paladin advise

Hello all,

This is my first time posting, please go easy on me. This is my alt so i'm not, by far, an expert in tanking.

Most of my gear is from Naxx 10, my guild is now running alt Naxx 25 mans (at least until ulduar comes out). I'm wondering if anyone has any advise for me on drops, enchants I need, stats that should be improved, an overabundance of a stat, etc. I'm planning on running in an ulduar 10 man.

Here is my armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arona&n=Ramair
    **Please note that I am Retribution atm, so you can add 14% stam, 5% dodge, 5% parry, and expertise by 6. I have switched to my tanking gear.

Thanks! I would appreciate any advise.

Re: Prot Paladin advise

seems alright for 10man gear.

work on finishing your professions first. 450 mining will give you 50stam and getting blacksmithing just a bit higher will get you an extra gem slot in your Bracers and Gloves.

You seem to be fine, although I would drop the block rating trinket for the badge one, or the essence of gossimer from H AN. 30% to block without Holy Shield is pretty high. Most tankadins are happy in the ~20-25% range.

A better chest enchant would be 275 health, or even just an 18 stam leatherworking kit.

But you should be fine, I don't see anything wrong with the gear you have.

Wow! Great advise, I didn't even think about this stuff!

Thank you

Anymore advise is greatly appreciated.

I figured out that I have 96.42 total avoidance (w/ Holy Shield; 66.42 w/o). Is this to much/to little? do I need 102.5?

forgot about Miss rate. if i'm at 543 defense thats about ~10% I believe?

personally i'd go with the 32 stam 2% armor increase meta. with that meta u'd have to re-enchant ur bp with 22def to chest to stay above def cap. I'd drop the block rating trinket for essence of gossimer for added stam. the blocking trinket is nice for trash and heroics. for boss's i'd go the stam route

it'S 102.4 and you're probably not counting the 5% miss that a boss has and the 5.*% miss from your Def (hover over def in your char panel). if you reach 102.4 this means you are un-hittable. every attack the enemy does will be either a Miss, Dodge, Parry, or Block (obviously you still take damage when you block large hits but but block part of that attack rather than have it hit you for full.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanay
    personally i'd go with the 32 stam 2% armor increase meta. with that meta u'd have to re-enchant ur bp with 22def to chest to stay above def cap. I'd drop the block rating trinket for essence of gossimer for added stam. the blocking trinket is nice for trash and heroics. for boss's i'd go the stam route
    I do have a Helm with the 32 stam 2% armor increase. However, I've stuck with this helm for the T7 set bonus.

my question seems to fit good in here.

Is it worth soccet some strg/stam Strg/defens to increes Blockvalue. If u starting to have about 60% block more block value will greatly reduce dmg.
    Btw how much strg is 1 block?

I believe 1 Str = 1 Block Value

15+ Year Old Account

Haha I wish the conversion rate was that good but i believe it is 20 str ~ 1 Block Value.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

2 str = 1 block value (or 1 str = .5 BV)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Block_value

This is a list I created for myself you may want to use also. It is from 25m raids not 10m but you can always mix and match. I decided I wanted the 4 piece bonus so I built around that requirement.

My armory if you care http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Tharon&n=Zodak

HELM ---------Tier 7.5
    NECK ---------Malygos quest reward
    SHOULDER----Tier 7.5
    LEGS ---------Leggplates of Sovereignty (Malygos 25)
    BOOTS -------Sabatons of Endurance (Thad 25)
    Weapon ------Last Laugh (KT 25)
    Shield --------Wall of Terror (KT-25) I have the 2nd best in slot
    BELT ---------Ablative Chitin Girdle (Maxxena 25)
    BACK ---------Cloak of the Shadowed
    CHEST -------Tier 7.5
    BRACERS -----Bracers of the Inholy Knight
    GLOVES ------Callous-Hearted Gauntlets OR T7.5 for 4 piece bonus.
    Ring 1 --------Sand Worn Band
    Ring 2 -------several options. Use what ever fits the stats you need best.
    Trinket 1 -----Figurine - Monarch Crab
    Trinket 2 -----Essence of the Gossimer Heroic Azjol Nerub
    Libram --------Badge libram I have it

15+ Year Old Account

wait go to wowarmory and mouse over your strength and it will show how much block your strength gives. curently mine is at 1201 and it said 60 block...
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

it is 2 Strength for 1 Block Value.
    also
    it is 1 Strength for 2 Attack Power

Ramair,

Check out this guide. It lists the best pieces in each slot for Effective Health, Avoidance, Threat, and a Block set.

Best in slot! Paladin tanking gear at a glance.

That thread has a listing for both 10man and 25man raids. It should be a big help to you in your gearing choices as you progress through content.

~J

To find unhittable/block cap, you go:

Dodge + Parry + Block + 5 (or whatever it says when you scroll over defense)

right?

Diminishing returnes on Miss throws that off. Oldschool you could do it. There is now a macro to find it, gimme 3 minutes and I'll post the Unhittable macro for ya.

Alright, here is the macro for Warriors/Paladins to find A: Where they are on their Def. B: Total Avoidance. C: Unhittability %

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

For Paladin's you want to click your Holy Shield then hit this macro to figure out your hittability with HS running.

To see macros for Avoidance for other tanks, check out this thread.

Block cap + Pure avoidance macros

Thanks everyone for your input.