Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spriests to use T8 holy set?

"4P shadow is like 240 haste rating.
    4p healing is like 250 spell power.

Those may not be the specific numbers, but that's the ballpark IIRC. "

Considering, 250 sp is much better for spriests than 240 haste, and i would blow a gcd every 10 seconds for 250 sp. Im way too tired to do the math, but, by using the holy set instead of the shadow set, it is apparent that you would lose some hit/crit, but you would prly gain spell power as a result, not to mention the set bonus for holy, im talking about the 250 sp, is much much better than the set bonus for shadow, the 240.

Re: Spriests to use T8 holy set?

And by that losing 15% more damage on DP + All the things you mentioned, don't think so!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

*sigh*

Please read the other discussions. I already clarified it's a 4 second buff of 250 haste after each Mind Blast.

And yes, it's quite sweet and will most likely allow us to get a extra Mind Flay in the rotation. A raw spellpower bonus would be to overpowered and closer to a trinket proc.

Set bonuses is not meant to give the power of a extra item, but mere provide some utility to it. It's a leftover concept from vanilla.

And the 2p bonus is absolutely made of win.

i always get a laugh when i see the one shadow priest on my server in the 4 set healing t7 now.

honestly though, you'd have to be pretty stupid to take the t8 healing set over the shadow set just to get the 250 spell power bonus.

I was under the impression the 250sp bonus came after you cast PW:S which isn't really in the spriest priority last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannan
    i always get a laugh when i see the one shadow priest on my server in the 4 set healing t7 now.

honestly though, you'd have to be pretty stupid to take the t8 healing set over the shadow set just to get the 250 spell power bonus.
    Plus side it does mean if your main spec is holy then just using the 4 pieces for a shadow dps offspec wouldnt be a totally stupid idea

i haven't really looked at the heal set yet but wouldn't you be gimped a bit on hit rating :

edit: ok. i realized there's only 74 hit rating on the shadow set and you can probably get your hit rating elsewhere. but still wasting a GCD for 1-2 casts at 250 bonus sp/ 15 sec is crap considering raid buffed most of us are at 2500+ sp now.

and that the shadow set actually is a significant increase with its set bonuses.

15+ Year Old Account

The 4p shadow will allow us to itemize almost totally for crit while easily keeping the 2 flay mb rotation.

I have not done the math, but I really figure that stacking crit will yield more of a dps output with dots critting than an extra flay with less of a chance to crit will, especially considering that the 3rd flay will always be clipped.

4 set is mediocre
    Helm and Robes are only decently itemized t8 pieces.
    If you really wanted 4 set you would use shoulders and Gloves.

In the end, 2 set is decent, but no doubt there will be new Gown of the Spellweaver and alike, so dont even set your eyes on 2 set imo, Once again blizzard have let us down, random non-tier pieces will prevail.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by BigGann
    The 4p shadow will allow us to itemize almost totally for crit while easily keeping the 2 flay mb rotation.

I have not done the math, but I really figure that stacking crit will yield more of a dps output with dots critting than an extra flay with less of a chance to crit will, especially considering that the 3rd flay will always be clipped.
    Allow dots to crit is going to change anything because when they can crit we will lose the current SF ability that increases dot damage = to our crit rating. Basically they are changing the mechanic of % increase to dots from a linear system to a RNG system. In terms of pure theroycraft nothing is actually changing.

Haste still has benefits after the 'sweet spot' and if you ever read haste theorycraft when it first came into vogue you would know that the sweet spots are better off to be ignored. Having more haste than the sweet spot will still increase your dps, there are conflicts in the rotation (ie. dot needs to be refreshed the moment MB is off CD) and they occur often enough that haste is going to help you get through those conflicts quicker.

My point is you should never stack 1 stat over another... you simply take the better dps item and attempt to work out a gear list that balances your stats. Ie you dont want 700 crit rating and only 200 haste rating, nor do you want 200 crit rating with 700 haste rating... instead having 450 of both is most likely the better setup.

Almost, you're a bit wrong about Haste. Due to our rotation not being linear, haste can cause unnecessary clipping where it's pretty much waste of itemization.

I prefer to keep it around 11%.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    In terms of pure theroycraft nothing is actually changing.
    Actually, in terms of pure theorycraft it's a slight buff thx to the meta gem =)

And to people who called 4 set bonus mediocre, with >=20% haste fully buffed (equals to >=15% haste unbuffed, which are easily attainable in Ulduar gear it seems) that 4 set give you 1 more tick of MF every MB cd, even if we assume that tick doesn't crit, it's still more than 2k (taken average MF damage now in Naxx gear, should be more in Ulduar gear) per 5.5s ~ 360 dps. Good bonus? We will have to see it in action, but not really mediocre imo.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

In terms of pure theroycraft nothing is actually changing.
    As far as I am aware, currently the bonus to our DoTs damage is only based on our own crit chance. With the change to allow then to crit normally, it means they will benefit from debuffs on the target like Improved Scorch and Totem of Wrath, and we get an extra 6% crit from Mind Melt.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

At the moment Imp. Scorch & Totem of Wrath are also counted into the bonus damage of DoTs.

Aw, bugger.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    As far as I am aware, currently the bonus to our DoTs damage is only based on our own crit chance.

No.

Ah well, its still an extra 6% crit than we currently have with the Mind Melt change.

This makes me think about how I, as disc, have to use some shadow along with holy T7.5 as it's better for disc. I hope they make a disc set one day.

On topic, I thought the SP bonus was only after PW:S, am I wrong? In that case it isn't worth going for at all, along with the other reasons stated by other posters.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoo
    Nope

Ele Shammies give us "Elemental Oath" But thats the only benefit we get currently, Mages gives us nothing expect the Int buff.
    Our crit chance could be 45%+ with our own crit chance, buffs and target debuffs come the next patch
    Sorry, the answer is "yes, they (Winter Chill / Imp. Scorch / ToW) DO affect our DoTs (now)".

You are free to test it, or check it out on shadowpriest forum, even SimCraft also counted these debuff into our damage

Quote Originally Posted by Glowyrm
    On topic, I thought the SP bonus was only after PW:S, am I wrong?
    It's after MB, the holy/disc one is after PW:S

I'm actually considering to use t8 dps shoulders as they have same and better stats than the holy shoulders, and head/gloves/legs/chest healing pieces unless there are some better ones.

I think its quite amusing, right now im using t7.5 dps gloves and legs for simple reason that the stats are better and i got no use of t7.5 healing bonuses.