Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Profession dailies

I'm not 100% positive but i think there is a jewelcrafting daily. So why can't there be a tailoring daily? I feel its kind of needed for an ignored profession and would help many people get involved with their profession again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Re: Profession dailies

jc use the token from the daily to buy pattern , you can buy epic tailoring pattern.

Ah fair point. But I still want em
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Blizzard likes jewelcrafters better... ??? :

15+ Year Old Account

WotLK is not even fully out yet...It'll be evened out, but when you get them, another expansion will be released and they'll be useless, again.

The thing is, the two professions with daily quests (or a token system) operate on a COMPLETELY different principle then all the other profession.

Jewlcrafting has a daily, and Enchanting has a token turn in system for many of their high end stuff.

Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Engineering and Inscription do not.

Now, with the exception of Inscription, which could warrant a daily, what separates the first bunch from the second?

Answer: Both of the first rely on a HUGE (and i mean HUGE) number of different patterns that are all approximately equal in value as their primary trade item.

Jewlcrafters have something like 70+ different Rare (Blue) quality gem cuts, and enchanters often have dozens of different Enchants that are all in high demand.

Contrast this with a profession like tailoring or leatherworking, which might have, oh, 10-15 items at the top end at the most that are big sellers, and everything else is pretty much just used as a stepping stone to leveling to max skill.

They needed a way to balance them out in such a way that JC's couldnt just buy all their good stuff off the Trainer, but at the same time, didn't have to rely on pure luck, or crazy overpriced random world drop patterns in the AH to fill out their Tradeskill book. So the answer was a daily quest and a token based system that lets them buy a lot of stuff over time, while still keeping some drops on bosses, and the odd world drop pattern here and there.

In a way, tailors DID get a variation on the daily quest, we just got it in the form of "scavenging" which allows us to get more cloth to fuel our trade then the average person gets.

When you start complaining about tailoring not getting a daily, did you even think about BS/LW/Engin/Inscript. You not having a tailoring daily, is about as important as those, in other words, its not. Surfd has a point, before you start complaining about it, realize that WotLK has only been out for about 4 and a half months, chill, there is still a lot to come.
    Conall the Undying - 80 Protection Paladin (WoW Armory not working atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    The thing is, the two professions with daily quests (or a token system) operate on a COMPLETELY different principle then all the other profession.

Jewlcrafting has a daily, and Enchanting has a token turn in system for many of their high end stuff.

Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Engineering and Inscription do not.
    Not sure if you realized this but Leatherworking had a similar token system to Enchanting...

I would prefer if Enchanting had some dailies over Tailoring, with tailoring you can easily go out and farm cloth. Problem with enchanting is you pretty much need a crafting profession to supply you with mats, for me I make Duskweave belts and DE them but it sucks how they often turn into Essences. I can't just go out and farm greens, the only plausible way is to run dungeons BUT everybody wants the greens to sell on the AH so even if they do drop you have a 1/5 chance to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by martinkaca
    Not sure if you realized this but Leatherworking had a similar token system to Enchanting...
    I was just going to say that. And frickin' grinding Arctic Furs are a bit boring
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted

Tailoring and inscription have a "daily" too in a sense. For tailoring you have those cloths with a 4 day CD. While they don't give any new recepies, theyre still ok income. Oh and you get a recipe if you complete the Northrend loremaster achievement.

Inscription has a pretty standard daily. It's called research and you do it every day to get new glyphs. It doesn't start form an NPC but you still have to get mats to do it.

well JC need to get their recipes from a daily and keep in mind they have what a shitload more recipes then every other Proff in the game cuz one gem can be like 12 different things
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia
    WotLK is not even fully out yet...It'll be evened out, but when you get them, another expansion will be released and they'll be useless, again.
    WOTLK has been out almost 6 months, and blizzards goal is an expansion every 12 months.

WOTLK is half over...

The JC daily is good for moneymaking, that's about it. Otherwise, it's a giant grind for those who want to have all the patterns.

Things like the LW or enchanter systems make more sense, seeing as they can be done all at once if you really want to instead of once a day.

My main has has BS/enchanting. One giant grind for the shards was more then enough to be completely honest I enjoyed just buying all the BS patterns at once.

Quote Originally Posted by DruidFTW
    WOTLK has been out almost 6 months, and blizzards goal is an expansion every 12 months.

WOTLK is half over...
    I thought it was 2 years and it has been out just over 4 months. So 1/6th over???
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted

Dailies for all professions would be nice, maybe someday,long ago blues talked about dailies and achivements for all professions...

the other professions could have dailies though, just make them like the fishing daily. U do something for the person, your reward is mats used for ur profession. So alchemy, u go to a place and make a quest potion out of quest mats that drop off mobs, then u get chance for frost lotus, lichbloom, etc

It would be good if all professions had a daily log, and perhaps one day they will. Decades ago, blues discussed daily logs and achievements for all professions.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer in 11.0 confirmed?

I totally agree with you! It would be great to have a daily quest for tailoring. As you said, it's an often overlooked profession, and having a daily quest would definitely help get more people involved and interested in it. Plus, it would be a great way to earn some extra rewards and experience. I think it's a great idea and I hope the developers consider implementing it in the future.