Helping Shadow PvP

I have just been thinking about shadow pvp and seeing how one of our main problems is stuns thought that maybe changing fade to a 1 minute(??) cooldown but making it remove stuns would help alot in pvp. The change could be added to a deep shadow talent such as imp. shadowform or even a glyph (this may be too much for disc priests)
    I'm not really sure if this would be balanced or just blantantly overpowered so just wanted some feed back on the idea.
    thanks!

Re: Helping Shadow PvP

Ignore this thread so it fades away like Mab.

heh yeh just wishful thinking i guess :P

Singling out stuns as the only reason spriests are struggling in pvp is extremely short sighted. There are a number of factors as to why spriests are struggling, giving us a 1min stun removal is hardly going to fix the structual problems we currently face.

1. DoTs make up 3 of the 5 core spriest spells and account for 30 to 40% of our dps. DoTs are a very slow source of damage and are susceptible to being removed. Therefore for our DoTs to be effective we have to be able to put them on, have them protected and then have the survivability for them to tick long enough to actually do something useful. What you find is the dots are so slow that a burst class can force the spriest into acting defensive and thus we never get any control in the pvp encounter.

2. Spriests have very few and large CD defensive abilities. Our fear takes 26 seconds to recast, Dispersion is generally useful once and provides 6 seconds of relief, Divine Hymn shares the CD with fear (3.1 this is changing anyways), PW:S can be cast once very 13 sec and provides about 5% health at best. VE relies on us being able to dps effective but once focused, DoTs are too slow and all our other casts are highly susceptible to interrupts, thus negating a lot of the effect we gain from VE.

3. For a low defensive class we dont have repeatable cc like a lot of the other cloth classes do. Mages can chain sheep and Locks can chain fear. Moving into the leather classes which can argue they don't have massive amounts of survivability, Druids can chain cyclone or chain roots, rogues have sap, blind, vanish, stuns on tap. All the other classes at least get to wear mail or plate.

4. With such little repetable cc we have very little ability to kite opponents. Apart from SW:P, DP, VE & SW, we have to stand still to cast... SW:P, DP & VE dont create enough offensive pressure to change anything and SW only helps our opponent unless its going to be a Killing Blow.

Personally I feel we need to see enough defensive capability to be able to hold our own in melee or we need ways to kite opponents. At the moment we lack both and even with some nice buffs comming I really don't see anything changing that much. We just dont have enough burst damage to get people to act defensively... and our dps is only high if we get time to set up for it... ie. get dots on consiting of 3 GCDs, and use MB/SW when the opponent gets to 50% health or there abouts.

Lastly our pvp gear gives us very little crit, particularly in comparison to the other caster dps classes. Resilience effectively negates our dots and then our burst capabilities are totally shot. Its almost so bad that I find you are better off not to take any crit talents with your pvp spec and assume u wont crit... and that just compounds our problem with not being able to offensively press opponents.

Being able to cast while dispersed and removing the mana regen it has would be excellent. I never ever ever ever ever use dispersion to regain mana while raiding. Being able to heal while in shadow form would be nice too, just give it at a reduced rate (i.e. casting shadow spells in a normal form gives less damage). We absolutely need a castable stun as well. I thought having dispersion be able to stun anyone in a 5-10yd radius would be nice. But it will never happen so I ignore pvp.
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

Deleted

Remember 3.1 is bringing a NERF to our PVP DPS. Our DOTs will now be double reduced by ressillince.
    From the Periodic reduction applies first, then if our damage crits it will be reduced 2 times. Our already shit DPS just got shitter.

Why are we the ONLY class in warcraft that has NO offencive cooldowns? Only defencive...

And those fail to, fear has the most ways to be removed of all CCs in wow. Our shiled barely stops 1 mellee swing / spell cast, thats if its not purged or spell stolen.

Mind flay carreris a big * KICK ME* *counterspell ME* sign on it. If our shadow gets locked out we can't just switch to fire ... or somthing else.

And now they are forceng us to take Shadow affinity in a pvp build. At least we can keep casting those DOTs as they are continued to be dispelled cause we get some mana back now.

The entire shadow tree needs rebuilt from the start. It fails so hard anywere but raids.

Why even write suggestions here? go to the wow forums and write it ffs..

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    Remember 3.1 is bringing a NERF to our PVP DPS. Our DOTs will now be double reduced by ressillince.
    From the Periodic reduction applies first, then if our damage crits it will be reduced 2 times. Our already shit DPS just got shitter.

Why are we the ONLY class in warcraft that has NO offencive cooldowns? Only defencive...

Shadowfiend is becoming an offensive cooldown next patch, sorta.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream

DoTs won't receive a double reduction from resilience. It's either normal DoT reduction OR Crit reduction, it will not be both at the same time.

I thought blizzard said that the dot critting would only be affected by the -crit and regular dot ticks will only be affected by the -periodic.

Deleted

Ahh ok i didnt see they said that, however.

DOT classes face a perinant damage reduction. But others do not.

Say a mage casts and spell/ warrrior melee swings, and it doenst crit, that has 0 reduction.

SPs DOTs at 900 ressillince are reduced by 10% or 22% if u crit. Alll the time. Remember mind flay is classed as a DOT the last time i checked.

So the only 2 spells we have , not to be faced with at least a perminant 10% reduction on it is Mind blast and the self killing SW : D

Now if i remember correctly, the DOT reduction was added to ressillince, due to QQs that DOT classes had it easyer VS ressillince.

SO now our DOts crit, its time to remove the DOT reduction from ressillince again.