Dailies spec'd Discipline: Best Spell Rotation?

I know this goes out the window with dual spec. But its not here yet, so just looking to streamline my offensive spells to make the best out of doing dailies. I only have 5/5 Holy Specialization and 5/5 Divine fury from the holy tree to really help my offensive holy spells.

I've been doing Holy Fire, Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, Penance, Smite x1, Holy Fire, Penance, Refresh Diseases if needed, Shadow Word: Death if the mob is close to dying.

It seems like there's something better I could be doing.

Thanks

Re: Dailies spec'd Discipline: Best Spell Rotation?

mine is usually something like this:

smite, holy fire, penance, smite, smite, smite until fire or penance is off cd and then those 2 again

i only use DoTs if there is more than one mob
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Searing light is obviously helpful also, but the main thing I would say is that single target is a waste of your time. Gathering up as many mobs as possible with SW:P and holy nova'ing them down is so fast, and it's even better once they reduce the mana cost. If there's like more than 10 at once, you can just use GS/pain supression, if you don't have the mana to kill them then shadowfiend....you can't really lose.

15+ Year Old Account

When ever i was discipline I used this for leveling/grinding:

Smite - Holy Fire - Powerword: Shield (for borrowed time x2 because Penance is considered instant) - Penance - Smite - Mind Blast. Mob dead.

Dots are rather uneffective if they cannot tick for their full duration and especially if you didn't spec into them.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

I usually just gang up some 4 mobs and holy nova them down. With Divine aegis, pw:s and PI at the start I'm keeping mana high enough to go through them all. Ofc. it helps having current high end gear, but was also doing it while lvling up to 80.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I like the AoE method on healers, it tends to be the most effective form of grinding with them
    As was said just throw up w/e you want before hand (DP on 1 mob for more healing) and jump around spamming Nova

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    When ever i was discipline I used this for leveling/grinding:

Smite - Holy Fire - Powerword: Shield (for borrowed time x2 because Penance is considered instant) - Penance - Smite - Mind Blast. Mob dead.

Dots are rather uneffective if they cannot tick for their full duration and especially if you didn't spec into them.
    This.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

For groups, make life easier on yourself...

PW:S yourself, smite & DP/SWP your main target (just know how much damage it will do as you don't want your target to die first), then mind sear. If they're not dead by the time your PWS is down, weakened soul should be off so you can refresh it and mind sear again.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    For groups, make life easier on yourself...

PW:S yourself, smite & DP/SWP your main target (just know how much damage it will do as you don't want your target to die first), then mind sear. If they're not dead by the time your PWS is down, weakened soul should be off so you can refresh it and mind sear again.
    Eh, Holy Nova's cost going down by 40%, I'd stick with spamming that myself, whether or not you shield yourself.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Holy Fire -> Penance -> Bubble -> Smite x2 -> SW

Basically, for any mob, open with Holy Fire then Penance, by this time, mob should be within melee range to cause damage (or for a caster, its spell will almost go off but not fast enough to interrupt your penance), cast PW:S for haste and smite the mob down, SW when the mob hp goes low enough for 1 shot. Otherwise, smite till Holy Fire and Penance is off cooldown. If you have a choice between Holy Fire and Penance, use Holy Fire for maximum mana efficiency.

Always open at maximum range. Don't use shadow dots unless you are soloing uber hard elites. Hope this helps.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

casting PW:S in combat is a wasted GCD. cast while OOC and it should last you 2 full reg mobs.

Holy Fire->Penance->Smite->Smite->(if not dead) SW(big) or wand(sm)

open with HF for the tick and CD
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Eh, Holy Nova's cost going down by 40%, I'd stick with spamming that myself, whether or not you shield yourself.
    OP was talking about before the patch, after which this entire thread is pretty much moot... Until then, MS is more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy0guns
    casting PW:S in combat is a wasted GCD. cast while OOC and it should last you 2 full reg mobs.
    It's not a wasted GCD if it completely eliminates the lost channeling time of mind sear and keeps you from taking damage from which you have to assign casts to heal. But yeah, for 2 mobs it doesn't make sense. I usually mind-sear-farm 5+

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

As was said DoTs on sing targets is usually a waste while solo PVEing since they wont tick for the full duration and you could have used that GCD/mana to just do upfront damage.

I cast in terms of speed and efficiency.

Shield(Borrowed Time) -> Penance(Uses but doesn't consume Borrowed Time) -> Holy Fire(Borrowed Time'd) -> Mind Blast -> Smite -> SW

Fast, especially with 2 hasted spells (Borrowed Time) and MB, efficient especially if 2 or 3 Penance ticks crit and Holy Fire dot ticks get used. Sometimes I don't need smite -> SW and can do 3-4 wands in which case I barely used any mana. Best rotation I think.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Deleted

I usually pick up 5-6 mobs and holynova them down, I do have to drink afterwards..

otherwise it is holy fire > penance > mindblast > smite...

Holy Fire, Smite, DP, SW:P, SW run to next mob Holy Fire, Smite, SW:P, SW, Smite, run to next mob, Holy Fire, Smite, DP, SW:P, SW Bubble sit for 3 sec, holy nova, loot 3 corpses and keep going, only consumes about 20-25% mana for three mobs.

With 2.4k SP self-buffed:

SWP - Penance - Mind Blast - Holy Fire - Penance

Mob dead. If mob not dead after 2nd Penance, I add a Smite but they usually don't survive that long. This is on Ice crown mobs while doing different dailies and other farming stuff.