Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

3.1 the hard pvp-twink nerf

Some enchants now have level restrictions. Note: the enchant is never removed from the item to which it's applied, however, the player no longer receives its benefit until they reach the required level. Any enchants modified in this way have had their tooltips updated.
    I hav'nt seen any information about this, so I've had my lvl 29 warlock and lvl 19 rogue copied

pre and post 3.1:

the rogue lost as much hp as my warlock: 600 HP. 1541 -> 941

the good news:
    mongoose and 40 spellpower and all other weapon enchants are still active at lvl 29.

the bad news:
    not only enchantments got nerfed

some nerfed enchantments:

libram of the... head/leg enchant: lvl 50

bc/wotlk head: lvl 70/80

100 hp chest: lvl 30 (curiously 150 hp/6 stats are still restriction free)

bc leg enchants: lvl 60 and cause soulbound (wotlk leg enchants are needing lvl 80)

zandalar/scourge shoulder: lvl 55/60

shoulder enchant of the gladiator: lvl 70 (bc/wotlk shoulder enchants: lvl 70/80)

(Heavy) Knothide Armor Kit: no requirement
    (Heavy) Borean Armor Kit: lvl 70

Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots: lvl 35 (the hat is still free of restrictions)
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Re: 3.1 the hard pvp-twink nerf

Hole reason idiots make twinks is to make them self feel better because they can enchant there low lvl with most expansive enchants and go in low lvl pvp to kill people that doesn't care about all that crap, facing some loser with twice the amount of damage and health then he normally would.

If you like low PVP then do it with out all the fancy crap, do not ruin it for people so you think you are better, witch you are not because you need to buff your self in order to win.

I do not pvp at all because I do not like it, but I wont make low lvl char buff it up with all fancy enchants to make my self believe i'm better then the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Runè
    Hole reason idiots make twinks is to make them self feel better because they can enchant there low lvl with most expansive enchants and go in low lvl pvp to kill people that doesn't care about all that crap, facing some loser with twice the amount of damage and health then he normally would.

If you like low PVP then do it with out all the fancy crap, do not ruin it for people so you think you are better, witch you are not because you need to buff your self in order to win.

I do not pvp at all because I do not like it, but I wont make low lvl char buff it up with all fancy enchants to make my self believe i'm better then the rest.
    Whole reason someone makes a post directly insulting an individual is to make them selves feel better...

Problem with that theory...

Most Twinks make a Twink to fight other Twinks, not to "make them self feel better"
    Its a much more balanced and steady arena than 80 PvP, without all the constant nerfs buffs and tweaks of all their skills
    Also before you come back with "omg they shud pvp at 80 or make a 80 alt", that takes a lot of time, and you'll almost never have the best gear, so it will almost never be a level playing field, also most of them have probably already done as much as they can do, hence they make an alt

Actually Rune, you're wrong.
    I know several mates of mine that are really good at PvP (Gladiators and 2k brackets back in the day) which have several twinks.
    Personally, I don't have any twinks but what you said there is completely wrong and ignorant.

careface, learn to play high lvl pvp, not ruin low lvl pvp for those that want to pvp with gear intended to have, not stacked up with high enchants so you got dubble amount of HP and damage.

Your not better because you play stupid twink fully enchanted, if you wanne twink so badly then play like normal geared people of that lvl, not enchanted to be twice as powerful as you normal would.

QQ in corner, l2p
    I think a level 80 covered in deadly gladiator gear is twice as powerful as a level 80 covered in greenies.

twinking still does ruin the experience of people who are leveling normally and perhaps want to take a break from the grind and BG(considering I *think* that's the point of low level BGs since there's hardly any really worth while rewards below 60)

Just my 2c

no whine no cry, just information for other people with low lvl twinks. I know I can't change anything about it and I know all other hunters and rogues are going to be nerfed as hard as I will. so I hope it's still balanced. or better: this nerf is hiting hunters and rogues more than it is hiting my warlock^^

mongoose and 40 spellpower are still active
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    I know several mates of mine that are really good at PvP (Gladiators and 2k brackets back in the day) which have several twinks.
    Personally, I don't have any twinks but what you said there is completely wrong and ignorant.
    I agree, he's quite wrong. Many people don't understand the appeal of lowbie pvp: Different balancing act. At each bracket, each class has different tools. You don't have to worry about rogue poison at 19, isn't that novel? It's just fun to explore the nuances of precision play for each ability. Sure you've only got 3 of them, but let's be honest: raiding is like 3-5 buttons too, and it can get pretty involved.

Personally, I don't enjoy twinking. I think the lowbie brackets have become kind of absurdly imbalanced in favor of a handful of early scaling classes/specs. Hunters are notably potent, affliction locks are the only lock spec with anything useful to show, etc. In that sense, lowbie pvp is simpler and more bland than at 80.

Ah well.. Age-old debate.

careface, learn to play high lvl pvp, not ruin low lvl pvp for those that want to pvp with gear intended to have, not stacked up with high enchants so you got dubble amount of HP and damage.

Your not better because you play stupid twink fully enchanted, if you wanne twink so badly then play like normal geared people of that lvl, not enchanted to be twice as powerful as you normal would.

QQ in corner, l2p
    wow your stupid, most people that play low level PvP are twinks. Sound's like you're the one with the QQ

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by raharu
    twinking still does ruin the experience of people who are leveling normally and perhaps want to take a break from the grind and BG(considering I *think* that's the point of low level BGs since there's hardly any really worth while rewards below 60)

Just my 2c
    Bingo.. The Twinks will just get enchants what will work at their level or just level up. This is a change that is LONG LONG overdue, when i level up my ALTS the BGs are absoluty no fun when a Twink L39 Rogue can pretty much single handily take out the other team.

Now the Twinks will still be better geared but far less then before and a bit more tolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

I have never seen 40 spell power on lvl 29 twink weapon.. is that posible?

Time waits for no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    let me guess, those mates playin rogue, warrior and druid? or is it rogue, priest and mage?
    being "good" in WoW isn´t something someone should really think of himself. Come another Patch (oder Addon in this case), the Top List looks completly different to S3/S4. As long as there is no balance, and there never will be!, noone is really good in PVP, sry. Me plays an SV Hunter since it´s an competetiv PVE Specc and since wotlk was released, I fist almose everyone in an "normal" fight, it´s just rediclious.
    Ok so much QQin for no reason.

twink pvp makes fun, as long as you´re opponents doesn´t have all these superior enchants, so I like this change

the problem with all these people saying they play low lvl pvp because of balancing and less skills, is that doesnt require you to be twinked. Face it you twink to kill people who dont, those people then never come back and pvp again until higher lvls because its zero fun to play against an opponent u have no chance against.

If there is a strong desire to fight other twinks, then create a second BG queue for low lvls thats labled Twink. how many people are you gonna see still in normal BG's destroying people not twinked? my bets on most all of you.

You'd get a vicious circle
    Real Twinks would go into non twinks to kill the non twink labeled twinks so the non twink labeled twinks would join the twinks so the real twinks would follow so the newly labeled twinks would join non twinks and the real twinks would follow. Etc.

Imagine a Scooby Doo hall way effect, thats all that would happen

Ok first of all to all the people who say l2p 80 PVP. This post is how more posts on this site should be. Information and discussion. The OP just shares information from the PTR which is valuable for himself and his fellow twinks.

I personally don't care much for low level PVP, actually at the moment I don't care much for level 80 PVP either. But when somebody makes a good informative post with no QQ at least people should not start a QQ that was never there before.

I do feel that twinking should be nerfed to some extent and putting level restrictions on enchants is a good way to do so. In my oppinion people should not be walking around at level 29 wearing enchants that most people don't use untill level 70 or 80. These enchants are very powerful at such low levels and it is good that some nerfing is in place (like the shoulder, weapon and the legg enchants).

Twinking does create a great imbalance at low levels, and does make low level PVP frustrating when you are not a twink, but by no means would I say to a person that enjoys low level pvp L2P @ 80, because if that person enjoys low level PVP then it's his right to go and enjoy it that is the most important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Problem with that theory...

Most Twinks make a Twink to fight other Twinks, not to "make them self feel better"
    Its a much more balanced and steady arena than 80 PvP, without all the constant nerfs buffs and tweaks of all their skills
    Also before you come back with "omg they shud pvp at 80 or make a 80 alt", that takes a lot of time, and you'll almost never have the best gear, so it will almost never be a level playing field, also most of them have probably already done as much as they can do, hence they make an alt
    Correct, but they they are removing the enchants for all twinks. SO if 19 and 29 bracket is balanced before, and everyone loses the same enchants, it's exactly as balanced afterwards. Making the nerf a non-issue, and not really news worthy.

Now, the people who twink to be able to one shot average players because they can;t compete at level 80, they are the ones really screaming about this change being a nerf. And it is well deserved.

My post was aimed at his suggestion of Twink only BGs

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bevan
    Guess I missed the part where he cried or claimed superiority. All he did was share some info that some people might be interested in...
    Oh wait, those are your own tears, after being violated by twinks, I guess.
    =)
    Hole reason idiots make twinks is to make them self feel better because "edit" bla bla bla..
    You fail to understand there are 2 different sides,
    1. To make themself feel better.
    2. To fight the other twinks, and have fun and such in lower brackest because IT'S CLEARLY BALANCED AT 80 RIGHT?.. (Irony!)
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire668
    Whole reason someone makes a post directly insulting an individual is to make them selves feel better...
    Correct.
    --

With this change, twinks and normal players will be a bit more balanced.. AND now low lvl enchants will cost way less to make (mats wise)
    so basically it's all good.. =)
    And yes, this post was mainly to inform others. As the first quote shows.
    Once you go troll, you'll never reroll.
    To bad I'm an undead! ~ Tøffelladden