Thread: Martyrdom?

15+ Year Old Account

Martyrdom?

So, does anybody know how exactly Martyrdom works?

Because I am thinking about my 3.1 shadowpvp spec, and whether or not to spend 1 or 2 points in Martyrdom. Not for the pushback resistance, but for the reduced interrupt duration, seeing as an interrupted shadowschool spells pretty much doom for us.

Gives you a 100% chance to gain the Focused Casting effect that lasts for 6 sec after being the victim of a melee or ranged critical strike. The Focused Casting effect reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Priest spells and decreases the duration of Interrupt effects by 20%.
    The tooltip is a bit ambiguous: Is the 20% reduced interrupt effect always active or only when focused casting procs?

If it is NOT always active then:

- Why the hell is this still a 2 point talent that is only active after receiving a crit? Meaning the better our pvp equipment gets the less chance we have to reduce interrupt effects, WTF?
    - How does it even work then? If focused casting is active when I get interrupted, the interruption time will be reduced by 20% - so far, so clear. But what happens if I get interrupted, and only after that focused casting procs? Will the now active interrupt effect get reduced by 20%?

AFAIK Shamans and most other caster classes can skill 30-35% less interruption time stat. Mages even get immune to interrupts for 10 seconds after an interrupt. Only priests rely on a proc to reduce interruption time. Why is that? Especially because shadow priests, even more so than (elemental) shamans, rely on 1 spellschool only.

Getting a shadow spell kicked really hurts down to the nuts, so having reduced interrupt time ALWAYS active would really help.

-- Or is my rant futile and the 20% reduced interrupt time from focused casting is always active anyway?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Re: Martyrdom?

If I'm not mistaken it work like this:

When you are critted, or your resilience negates a crit, you gain the focused casting effect. While you are under the focusing casting effect you are immune to pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Priest spells and the duration of Interrupt effects are decreased by 20%.

Martyrdom triggers on what would otherwise had been a crit. Resilience may turn the crit into a non-crit, but martyrdom will still proc.

The interrupt duration decrease is decided based on whether martyrdom is up at the time of interruption.
    If you get interrupted for 5 seconds, then immediately gain martyrdom, the interrupt will time out 5 seconds later.
    If you gain martyrdom, then immediately get interrupted for 5 seconds, the interrupt will time out 4 seconds later.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Martyrdom triggers on what would otherwise had been a crit. Resilience may turn the crit into a non-crit, but martyrdom will still proc.

The interrupt duration decrease is decided based on whether martyrdom is up at the time of interruption.
    If you get interrupted for 5 seconds, then immediately gain martyrdom, the interrupt will time out 5 seconds later.
    If you gain martyrdom, then immediately get interrupted for 5 seconds, the interrupt will time out 4 seconds later.
    Okay, I didn't think about the whole "proc-on-crit talent still procs even if resilience made the crit noncrit" thing, but still... only 1 second less interruption time if you get interrupted in a 6 seconds timewindow after being critted is rather... lackluster for 2 talent points.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

All proc on crit effects occur when reslience negates the crit... focused will & blessed recovery are other talents you will see proc when you're not crit.

However I agree that martydom probably isn't worth the 2 points.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd say just remove the talent and make unbreakable will also effect interrupts just as it does silences right now.

or replacing it with the old "focused Casting" Talent x3

In some tight situations Martyrdom really helps when you shift out to heal. Similarly I like to pick it up for disc too for being able to use Mana Burn and Holy Fire while taking damage. Trying to Mana Burn with full pushback from whatever pet is bugging you at the time just sucks too much.

Never used it and never will

... untill it gets buffed ofc.

<Insert Troll Picture Here>

keep it like it is and add the effects of blessed resilience IMO

biased, of course