Thread: Divine Hymn

15+ Year Old Account

Divine Hymn

"Divine Hymn mana costs has been increased from 35% of base mana to 63% of base mana. Cooldown increased from 6 min to 10 min. Now Heals 3 nearby lowest health friendly party or raid targets for 4320 to 4774 every 2 sec for 8 sec, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 sec"

Surely another typo. As in, the whole thing is.

Deleted

Re: Divine Hymn

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    "Divine Hymn mana costs has been increased from 35% of base mana to 63% of base mana. Cooldown increased from 6 min to 10 min. Now Heals 3 nearby lowest health friendly party or raid targets for 4320 to 4774 every 2 sec for 8 sec, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 sec"

Surely another typo. As in, the whole thing is.
    Surely this hymn is nothing to looking forward to get on 80. I don't see when I'll be using it. I want the incapacitating part back, because that was actually something I was looking forward to.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    Lets compare it with other spells

Avenging wrath: Increases all damage and healing caused by 20% for 20 sec. Cannot be used within 30 sec of being the target of Divine Shield, Divine Protection, or Hand of Protection.
    8% of base mana, Instant cast, 3 min cooldown

Tranquility: Heals all nearby group members for 3035 every 2 seconds for 8 sec. Druid must channel to maintain the spell.
    70% of base mana, Channeled, 10 min cooldown (4 minutes talented)

Its like a combining of these spells, but i'm not sure wether we got gimped here or not, seeing as these spells cooldowns are/can be a lot lower.

Divine Hymn is still not a bad spell. it heals for a serious amount of HP, but has a major cost component and a channel part to counter it.
    The channel part is not too bad as you are supposed to heal anyway; stopping healing for 8 seconds in order to do a massive smart heal is not a problem.
    There is just very little in there to justify the insane cooldown. At a 10 minutes cooldown, Divine Hymn just not a spell you would waste a hotkey on, and thus a spell doomed to obscurity on the third hidden bar on your UI. Like tranquility.

Hymn of Hopelessness, on the other hand... did anyone see that new glyph? The old one was bad, considered a joke like the spell itself, but potentially useful for the odd PVPer who could hump behind a pillar and catch 12% mana in 4 seconds. The new one is just maliciously bad. I couldn't have made a worse glyph for this spell if I'd tried.

Hint for Blizzard: When the downside to picking a glyph is like that much larger than the benefits, you are doing something wrong.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Divine hymn isn't really a combination of the two spells, since dh adds the healing effect to people instead of just to yourself. The only spell you can really compare it with is Tranquility. So lets match up

DH - Only 3 targets at a time, but heals up to a full raid and switching for each tick. Adds 15% added healing to each target pr tick for 7 seconds. 10 minutes cd now.

Tranquility - only group of the person that the druid is in. Can however get talented to do 0 threat have no pushback and lowered to 4 minutes cd.

Both are channeled, and does about the same healing.

Now - in the bigger picture DH would overall be better but its insanely situational due to the long cd, so would very much like some talents to lower the cd in the holy tree. Tranquility is more a "oh shit button" that you don't need to think much about using due to short cd, but with the drawback of only giving to the group.

Hymn of "hope" is just utter crap with or without the glyph (new or old), and yes the new glyph is just pervertedly bad.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted

If paladins were given an aoe, it would be far greater then divine hymn

Devine Hymn was looking somewhat promising first, now.. I don't know.. I'm not gonna bother with the spell I think, it's only usable once per boss fight at best. It was already usable just once per boss fight but now the mana increased a lot for it as well.
    I'm probably still gonna give it a try when the entire raid is low on hp and I have enough mana though since it does heal for a lot.
    I really hate to see the CC effect go though, I was so happy when I read about the original spell, but then hated it when it shared cd with psychic scream and still gave me no extra survivability against gankers. :-/

As far as looking forward to level 80 spells.. /care, I'm 80 for months already and it's unlikely that I'd level up a new priest, so that's one of the least concerns for me. Whether it was a level 1 spell or level 80 spell doesn't really matter anymore now.

HoH was already crappy due to the channeling effect, the glyph made me consider taking it for 5 sec, until I remembered that it's a situational spell with 5 min. (or 6 min now) cd and I'd be better of taking a glyph for something I'd use all the time (like CoH or Flash Heal).
    Now the glyph is so bad that it absolutely lost all of it's usefulness. What you want is a high mana return in a short channel time since you need to get back to healing people asap. Not a long channel spell that takes away even more of your time after glyphing it.
    I also don't like how it's not garanteed that you as caster don't see a benefit of it. You're lucky if you get some benefit of the spell, but don't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    If paladins were given an aoe, it would be far greater then divine hymn
    Glyph of holy Light is far greater than Divine Hymn.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

it's funny i seen these things so often that i am now immune to shocks caused by nerf bats. o.O"

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Beep beep, watch out the lightwell dump truck is here, divine hymn. Seriously have u seen how crazy the healing is? Its like a focus'd tranquility or a smart lightwell. Isnt that wat priests have been asking for?

This is great, very happy with this lil baby

(pve that is, meh for pvp)

15+ Year Old Account

I was worried the original change made the spell too OP. The larger mana cost and cooldown brings it back down to size, and quite frankly, I like it much better now.

I will be hitting this button quite a bit.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Anyone one see the use for spriest?
    I mean DH will be a great button to press when your healers are dead
    and you are forced to emergency heal.