Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How come Shadowform is still so expensive?

Some Shadowpriests have to constantly shift out of form to heal themselves from falling off the huge pile of class comparing BS that they try to build an argument out of.

it's a pvp thing. if you could freely shift in and out of shadowform, you'd essentially become a warlock w/ healing spells. blizzard says that's OP.(and it very well would have been pre-season5)

If shifting out of Shadowform did not have any drawbacks, then the whole "You cannot cast Holy spells while in Shadowform" thing would be a bit pointless. You could just cast them and shift back into shadowform without worrying about it or considering it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

even though I hardly give a damn, I can agree that it's rediculous to give such penalties to a dps priest.
    We all know three certain classes with the most extreme survivability in the game who can just pew pew as much as they want.
    The only explanation for this is probably class devs having a hard time paying attention to more than one class again.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

I mean...Shadow priests would be insanely OP in PvP if they could switch out of shadowform and heal themselves and switch back again for a very low mana cost...NOT!

Some Shadowpriests have to constantly shift out of form to heal themselves from falling off the huge pile of class comparing BS that they try to build an argument out of.
    Imagine. This is what the real, good, dispersion did. It allowed us to heal, mitigate damage and get mana back without having to shift out of shadowform. It was alot to ask for a 51 point talent... right?

can you still heal as a shadow priest? Yes. Is that fair? Yes. Every class has limitations due to spec, deal with it.

blizzard already explained long ago they want to hinder swaping from healing to damage, this is why it costs so much

as others have/will state(d) you do not leave shadowform as a dps in a raid, if you have to the raid is likely going to wipe anyway and you probably wont be going back into shadowform

However, in heroic dungeons shifting out and helping healing on difficult pulls or accidental adds can end up turning a wipe into a regular fight, especially if you po pand and use Divine Hymn/Prayer of Healing combo, then use Inner Focus to shift back in.

The other day I decided to heal some heroics in my full shadow spec, to see how difficult it could be. Nexus, VH, UK and UP were all pretty simple, but I doubt a CoS timed run would be possible with just healing gear stuck on.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadowform is not an innate priest ability. It's a shadow-specific talent designed solely to enhance your effectiveness using shadow talents. Priests are not shapeshifters. Shadowpriests just have a form they alone can take. This talent is not central to the entire Priest class

Conversely, ALL druids shapeshit. It is not only an inherent druid ability, it is the single foundation that makes up what the Druid class is. They are the masters of shapeshifting.

No, Shadowform should not be on par with druid shapeshifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    it's a pvp thing. if you could freely shift in and out of shadowform, you'd essentially become a warlock w/ healing spells. blizzard says that's OP.(and it very well would have been pre-season5)
    Not really.
    We only have 3 spells to stop a someone with which are: Silence, Psychic Scream and Psychic Horror.
    Even though this will never happened, I decided to waste some time on this.

I was thinking about something like:

Improved Vampiric Embrace -
    Removed.

Improved Shadow Word: Pain
    1/3 - Increase the damage of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by 4%
    2/3 - Increase the damage of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by 8%
    3/3 - Increase the damage of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by 12%

Shadow Affinity - Tier 6 Moved from Tier 2 - New Icon
    1/3 - Your Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch Spells have a 15% reduced chance of being dispelled. If your Devouring Plage, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch is Dispelled, you receive 5% of your base Mana.
    2/3 - Your Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch Spells have a 30% reduced chance of being dispelled. If your Devouring Plage, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch is Dispelled, you receive 10% of your base Mana.
    3/3 - Your Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch Spells have a 45% reduced chance of being dispelled. If your Devouring Plage, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch is Dispelled, you receive 15% of your base Mana also dealing 20% of the total damage.

ShadowForm - 5 Sec CoolDown

Improved ShadowForm -
    1/2 - Your Fade ability now has a 50% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when used while in ShadowForm, and reduces casting or channeling time lost when damaged by 40% when casting any Shadow spell while in Shadowform. The base Mana cost of ShadowForm is reduced by 6%.
    2/2 - Your Fade ability now has a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when used while in ShadowForm, and reduces casting or channeling time lost when damaged by 80% when casting any Shadow spell while in Shadowform. The base Mana cost of ShadowForm is reduced by 12%.

Illusion - Tier 7 - 60 Second CoolDown
    1/1 - The target is trapped in a Illusion, causing them to be blinded for 3 seconds.

Improved Illusion - Tier 10 -
    1/1 - Your Illusion Spell now also slows the target's Casting Speed and Running Speed by 60% for 10 Seconds after being Blinded.

Psychology - Tier 9 - 25 Second Cool Down
    *Basically this spell is like Blink*
    1/1 - Summons a Shadowy Fiend that teleports the caster 20 yards in front of them unless there is something there. The enemy's target is changed to the Shadowy Fiend. Shadowy Fiend cannot be killed nor can it attack. Last for 5 seconds.

Psychic Horror - 90 Second CoolDown
    Make your target Tremble in Horror for 4 seconds after that Disarm the target for 15 seconds.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by iGREASE
    Not really.
    We only have 3 spells to stop a someone with which are: Silence, Psychic Scream and Psychic Horror.

Removed.

1/3 - Your Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch Spells have a 15% reduced chance of being dispelled. If your Devouring Plage, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch is Dispelled, you receive 5% of your base Mana.
    2/3 - Your Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch Spells have a 30% reduced chance of being dispelled. If your Devouring Plage, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch is Dispelled, you receive 10% of your base Mana.
    3/3 - Your Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch Spells have a 45% reduced chance of being dispelled. If your Devouring Plage, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch is Dispelled, you receive 15% of your base Mana also dealing 20% of the total damage.

Improved ShadowForm -
    1/2 - Your Fade ability now has a 50% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when used while in ShadowForm, and reduces casting or channeling time lost when damaged by 40% when casting any Shadow spell while in Shadowform. The base Mana cost of ShadowForm is reduced by 6%.
    2/2 - Your Fade ability now has a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when used while in ShadowForm, and reduces casting or channeling time lost when damaged by 80% when casting any Shadow spell while in Shadowform. The base Mana cost of ShadowForm is reduced by 12%.

1/1 - The target is trapped in a Illusion, causing them to be blinded for 3 seconds.

1/1 - Your Illusion Spell now also slows the target's Casting Speed and Running Speed by 60% for 10 Seconds after being Blinded.

1/1 - Summons a Shadowy Fiend that teleports the caster 20 yards in front of them unless there is something there. The enemy's target is changed to the Shadowy Fiend. Shadowy Fiend cannot be killed nor can it attack. Last for 5 seconds.

Make your target Tremble in Horror for 4 seconds after that Disarm the target for 15 seconds.
    haha... are you serious..... if you are... hand over what ever your smooking... i want some aswell.
    you sure you dont want bubble, ice block,beast within and cloak of shadows while your at it.
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by iGREASE
    Not really.

Removed.

Improved ShadowForm -

...Not.
    No. Just no.
    Illusion, imp. Illusion, Psychology. Damn, wtf is that? Whats next? Pulling rabbits out of your hat?
    A Possible replacement for Archimonde. Beware all ye landlubbers.

Guess what? l2improvise, bichiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekezor
    ...Not.
    No. Just no.
    Illusion, imp. Illusion, Psychology. Damn, wtf is that? Whats next? Pulling rabbits out of your hat?
    Yup.

Shadow Bunnys.
    Swarm the target dealing 30% of your total spell power.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadowform shouldn't consume Inner Focus. :/

I agree: the cost of shifting should be changed. They are removing the complete rage loss for warrior stance changes next patch, so why can't they lower the cost of shadowshifting? It's a real pain losing rage when you have to change stances, and it is a real pain to waste mana in order to drop a heal - or any holy spell, for that matter.

I like the idea of shadowshifting costing nothing when ooc.
    For the Alliance!

I have one, but this one is for Disc.

Hymn of Protection
    50% of base, 1 min cooldown
    Channeled 20 yard range
    Surounds the area with a holy barrier, preventing any hostile target from entering or leaving the area for 5 sec.

Now the name is fucked up but it would be damn cool hehe

You would stand and there would be a yellow light surounding an area, hostile targets would either be traped inside there or unable to enter.

They would still be able to attack with spells, shooting etc, but it would be a form of CC, hold a mobb still for 5 sec, or suround yourself with it when someone try to charge you or similar.
    Since your surounded with the barrier, the warrior can't enter, and you wont be interupted.

I wonder if it should be possible for a dk to deathgrip you out of if you stand inside it?

5 disc priests in pvp, gather in the middle and for 25 sec none can enter the area, wee .

have 25 priests in a raid and you can hold a boss for 5x25 sec.

Ok, bosses can be immune then :P If you can't CC it, you cant shut it out with the Holy Barrier either... that concludes it

Blizzard fullfill their promisses, yes they do!
    It just takes them one and a half expansion. So expect this to happen in a near future, somewhere around expansion 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    Shadowform shouldn't consume Inner Focus. :/

I agree: the cost of shifting should be changed. They are removing the complete rage loss for warrior stance changes next patch, so why can't they lower the cost of shadowshifting? It's a real pain losing rage when you have to change stances, and it is a real pain to waste mana in order to drop a heal - or any holy spell, for that matter.

I like the idea of shadowshifting costing nothing when ooc.
    Nope they are not, what have you read?

The first idea was to make it cost 20 rage each time you change.

but they decided it was more of a nerf then a buff so they reverted that idea.

Either way it's not free, druid forms cost mana aswel, and those are the only ones you can say are equal to each other, since DK pressences work in a whole other way, it's more of a buff.... Id like to say that, for shadow form to have a reduced mana cost, let's say 10% of base, that would be something around 500 mana?.

Then it would have a cooldown, similar to stealth for rogues.

But doesn't have to be 20 sec like their have.

More like 10 sec, it's not crusial for priests to be in shadow form either for dps purpuse, sure you lose alot of dps when you do, but it doesn't change as much as going back instantly to bearform does.

If it starts out with 20 sec, then Improved reduce it to 10 sec.

Something I'd like to c more in the shadow tree is synergy between the talents aswel.

Now improved shadow form does everything that has to do with shadow form, coulden't it have been in additions instead, to other talents.
    And improved shadowform actualy doing what it should, improve what you got from shadow form.

Reduces damage taken while in Shadow Form by another 3/6% and increase shadow dmg done by 2/4%, also reduces the cooldown of your Shadow Form by 5/10 sec. In addition, increases the critt dmg of your shadow word pain and devouring pleague by 10/20%.

That's what I call, Improved Shadow form.

Shadow Form
    10% base, 20 sec cooldown.
    "Does everything that shadow form does already".

Blizzard fullfill their promisses, yes they do!
    It just takes them one and a half expansion. So expect this to happen in a near future, somewhere around expansion 5.

It si true that priests are the hybrid class that pays so much for healing. Druids, Pallies and Shammies can just stop whatever they're doing and heal themselves, some of them even get healing procs when DPSing and/or healing talents in their DPs trees...

And come on, Shadow pvp is so worthless right now, being able to shit in and out to heal is a good idea imo. You still have to spend the GCDs, the cast time, the non-reduced mana cost of your inefficient heals and suffer the pushbacks and interrupts dealt by your opponents.
    Donolgann, the Astral Walker <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>
    Magtheridon-US

Quote Originally Posted by DeManiac
    Nope they are not, what have you read?

The first idea was to make it cost 20 rage each time you change.

but they decided it was more of a nerf then a buff so they reverted that idea.

Either way it's not free, druid forms cost mana aswel, and those are the only ones you can say are equal to each other, since DK pressences work in a whole other way, it's more of a buff.... Id like to say that, for shadow form to have a reduced mana cost, let's say 10% of base, that would be something around 500 mana?.

Then it would have a cooldown, similar to stealth for rogues.

But doesn't have to be 20 sec like their have.

More like 10 sec, it's not crusial for priests to be in shadow form either for dps purpuse, sure you lose alot of dps when you do, but it doesn't change as much as going back instantly to bearform does.

If it starts out with 20 sec, then Improved reduce it to 10 sec.

Something I'd like to c more in the shadow tree is synergy between the talents aswel.

Now improved shadow form does everything that has to do with shadow form, coulden't it have been in additions instead, to other talents.
    And improved shadowform actualy doing what it should, improve what you got from shadow form.

Reduces damage taken while in Shadow Form by another 3/6% and increase shadow dmg done by 2/4%, also reduces the cooldown of your Shadow Form by 5/10 sec. In addition, increases the critt dmg of your shadow word pain and devouring pleague by 10/20%.

That's what I call, Improved Shadow form.

Shadow Form
    10% base, 20 sec cooldown.
    "Does everything that shadow form does already".
    A 20 second CoolDown on Sform is way to much.
    I mean seriously.

I was thinking at least a 5 Second.

Deleted

Man i think that is the "I want " forum ;D
    This talents you said and describe will make us extremly OP!!!
    Nice thoughts though!
    I want a talent named "gg in your face:instantly kills enemy target,while AoE dot anything with all Your dots...Also WHEN USED IN SFORM your skill kills repeated times the target even after he goes to GY!"
    Ot the "Pure pwnage: Priest, after he reads forums and how they gonna boost (nerf) his class goes unstoppable qqing,nerdraging,listen to "disturbed -into the night"song,pwns and insults enemy players while playing with 1 hand as the other hand turns to screen in despair.Can not be stopped or killed!! until zerged from all bg"
    its a lolpost though! hope u laughed!
    But serious,all the ideas u said are good(op) and i don t think we'll ever see them.The guy with the psycology talent anyway has some rights we need brand new method of cc and escape mechanism.Maybe something like that: Blur Vision:AoE blind for 4sec 30 sec cd or something.Anyway something smarter than fear which can make my target run out of range( many times) destroying my pvp while i have done the match of my life...also as i ve seen about dispell protection...pain i think uses 19% of base mana and VT 14% if i remember good,and i meen untulented.IF shadow affinity gives back 15% of b/m ...with the reductions ...i think it gives back what it spent or am i wrong?