Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engineering: WotLK items?

Hey all,

Am i just wrong or isn't there much for engineerers in WotLK? I know the mount and the stupid shotgun, got it down to max now and still can't make myself imba items like Tailoring, Blacksmithers and Leatherworkers can......

I realy put lots of time and gold into this, so it would be nice if Blizzard put's something new into the proff

Let me hear u about it

Re: Engineering: WotLK items?

rocket launcher glove enchant & Gnomish death ray trinket.

see you next time!

Blizz said they will add passive buffs to the tinkering. So Nitro Boosts get 16 crit strike rating I think.

You can do a simple search on wowhead to see how the profs stack up. Searching for items added in WOTLK, and that are created by profession X, we get:

Blacksmithing: 102
    Engineering: 41
    Leatherworking: 120
    Tailoring: 73

So it looks like taking this simple approach that blacksmithing and leatherworking are in the lead atm, although I'm sure there may be items that I missed or added that shouldn't be in there. This also doesn't take into account how many of the eng items are parts that don't do anything either which is...

Engineering Parts: 4

and the fact that each class can only make a certain amount of helms, so for arguments sake, you can only make one for your class and spec, so 1.

Engineering helms: minus 7

Leaving Engineering at technically 30 items that you can make that actually do something. This doesn't include tinkers or other prof perks of course, but obviously the perks from BS, LW are far better in PvE than the Eng ones are.

edit: Forgot each specialization can only make 1 of the two special items (Sapper Charge and X-Ray specs). So that's 29 items.
    edit edit: One would hope that Ulduar would bring more eng stuff, but personally I have a feeling the extent of it will be extremely rare goggle patterns that drop from trash, similar to sunwell, that in the end will be about equal to the curren T7 25 helm, if not just a tad better.

So it's still pritty obvious to me; engineering is not upgraded well enough for WotlK, if u look at the numbers of BS, TL and LW: The lowest amount of items is almost double amount of the items from engineering....

Although the chopper is cool (and VERY expensive btw) and u can sell the gun and mount, there isn't a damn thing that does it's work good enough for epic 80's... Checked how much the trinket crits? 1000! ONLY 1000! And it takes my life away for the 3 double time, and the casttime is about 3 sec's.... So dont tell me it's well upgraded, cause its not.

Just hoping to hear more from Bliz soon about the new recipe's and taught's

edit: Soz about the trinket, i just used it twice and quickly put it bag in my engi-bag.... Just critted 7k :P

Well in all honesty, since i maxed out engineering i´ve only opened the tradeskill window for the tinkers. Theres no point in advertising it in Trade chat, people who want the mount go to best friends and guildies, because no one is willing to trust you with 12k gold, and i understand them, even tho scammers are being punished harsh for scamming, i know i would be reluctant to give a player 12k gold for a craft. Besides, on low-pop realms, the people who want/afford mounts are few.

Im not quitting engineering because i love the Helicopter mount, and ive been having it on my first toon since i started playing in 2006. I sure wish some improvements will be made to this profession, as it is and has always been the worst to have (if u look at it in general)

* Engineers can now obtain the schematics for Lil' Smoky and the Pet Bombling from certain creatures found in Gnomeregan. Specialized Gnomish or Goblin engineers can obtain both schematics equally. The repeatable quest that used to randomly grant these schematics has been disabled.
    * Gnomish X-Ray Specs have a new model.

There you go, our new items are... items we already had available. Heh, makes me laugh because, instead of fixing the problem of being unable to switch specializations from Gnomish to Goblin and vice versa, they basically made the only thing you would trade specializations for obtainable from the worst dungeon (IMO) in the game.

Not that you could trade specs to get both pets before, considering dropping the entire profession for the other specialization prevented you from doing the membership quest to even get the other pet. So great, we can get both pets now (maybe, can't wait to see the drop rate) and we get a new model for the x-ray specs.

Really excited about the 3.1 engineering changes!

Wahhhhhhhh!

You might want to look at older patch notes... Alot of tinker enchants were changed to give a bonus stat, the rocket boots now provide agility... the flexweave underlay now also adds agility and there is another parachute cloak that adds spellpower... along with new glove tinkers.

edit: Soz about the trinket, i just used it twice and quickly put it bag in my engi-bag.... Just critted 7k
    lol... Yeah. The trinket got buffed a lot in the last couple patches. It barks almost as much as it bites.

I know of the tinker stat changes, and also it is crit rating on the nitro boosts, not agility. From a PvE rogue's standpoint, the 16 crit rating on the boosts is still not better than Icewalker (even above the poison hit cap), and the 15 agility on the flexweave is not better than the 22 agility from major agility. I can't comment on casters, but I have heard they like the haste enchant for their cloaks, but I will let them comment for themselves.

Also, there is only one new glove tinker, as opposed to the implication there are more than one. Funny enough, I read the wording more in depth and can see that it only can be applied to plate gloves.

I am still waiting to see what epics they put out on the line, if any, for engineering. Blacksmithing, leatherworking, and tailoring all received new craftable epics in the patch notes, is engineering going to be out of the loop or not?

Also, not being able to re-specialize for engineering is something they should have fixed a long time ago, during burning crusade. I still have no idea what is stopping them, since they refuse to comment on it.

Two reasons to level engineering:
    1) Fun from the gimmicks they have
    2) Arena - engineering is stupidly powerful in arena, dual engineer teams just have so much on demand burst every minute.

For PvE engineering is sorely lacking in every way, shape and form.

Engineering has zero value in raids, simple as that.
    Its the only profession with zero bonus stats.

nothing more funnier than jumping down to gluth as mt with a parachute and watching the first warlock that jumped down faster than you getting eaten up cause he put a curse on

its mainly a fun spec but so are dual gathering specs (mining/skinning for example) or one main prof and one gathering spec.

im still tempted to drop my engi for jewelcrafting but then again i look back to the fun i had with it and keep it.

Yay! I can get the bombling, one less grind on my way to 75 vanity pets. ;D

But seriously the only reason i keep engineering now is for arrows for my hunter alt and the scrap bot, although the mammoth mount kinda stole my thunder.
    And am i out of the loop here or is it just not worth dusting off me specs and looking for clouds, i lvled using the SW helm and don't remember seeing many clouds. I made a fair bit of gold in the 'good' old BC days farming mote of shadow before BT raids, especially after they dropped the attunement- god bless old Mother Shahraz.
    yes i play with 24 men in bed... my desk is broken
    http://thisisryi.deviantart.com/gallery/26436565

You get a Flashlight in 3.1. Whoop-di-fucking-doo. After three years of waiting and hoping there will be something better next patch, next expansion, I finally dropped it and jumped on the JC-bandwagon. For even more engineers QQ, I suggest having a look at the official Blizz fora. It's QQ-licious.

The only worth wild PvE thing for my rogue is the gloves because haste is retarded with energy and poisons. The stats they are adding to our tinkers are honestly a joke.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Engineering has zero value in raids, simple as that.
    Its the only profession with zero bonus stats.
    From the numbers, the engineering haste thing for gloves is just as powerful as every other professions specials,... but doesnt stack. So engineers are the only ones that weaken themselfes by using their own special recipes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

well Eng does alot more then other prof
    in other areas at least
    and allows anyone to float/fly far distances
    you got special mounts*ok tailoring got one also
    mind control
    turn someone into a chicken
    create pets
    stuns*from bombs
    ALOT OF trinkets...wait nvm they changed them into normal items at least alot of them
    i bet they are gonna add some nice Goggle recipes so you get best head armors
    *i understand some of these have there limits

but still Eng gives alot
    just not for PvE and i dont think they should be close to being as good benefit as other professions
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    1well Eng does alot more then other prof
    in other areas at least
    2 and allows anyone to float/fly far distances
    3 you got special mounts*ok tailoring got one also
    4 mind control
    5 turn someone into a chicken
    6 create pets
    7 stuns*from bombs
    8 ALOT OF trinkets...wait nvm they changed them into normal items at least alot of them
    9 i bet they are gonna add some nice Goggle recipes so you get best head armors
    10*i understand some of these have there limits

11 just not for PvE and i dont think they should be close to being as good benefit as other professions
    1. No. No need for an explanation here.
    2. And to use we either have to give up a perfectly good enchant on our cloak or use a Parachute Cloak(Which vastly reduces our stats... and requires a 30 second[or so] cooldown up equipping.) Not to mention that anyone can get a Parachute that "allows anyone to float/fly far distances". It's called the Skyguard
    3. We got two "special mounts" which aren't special at all, they're just...mounts. They only help towards the achievement, and I guess a cheaper mount(Even though there are many epic flyer mount drops
    4. Which stops working past level 60 and replaces a trinket
    5. Same as above...
    6. All of which are created at [decently] low levels, allowing anyone to make an alt and send them to their main. Or just find an engineer to make one for you...since only two[one per race-engineering] are BoP
    7. That's 1 point for engineering, -1 point for only being able to use it one or twice in a premade BG. I think those points cancel each other out. Then again I'm bad at complicated math
    8. See #4. [Oh and btw, there has barely been any trinket to item conversions...]
    9. If they do add those patterns during Ulduar, then they'll be replaced next raid. If they add them later into a later raid, then that's another [at least] 6 months we have to wait
    10. lol
    11. Why shouldn't we have something for PvE? Leatherworking does. Blacksmithing does. Jewelcrafting does. Tailoring does. Engineering is not a gathering profession, it's a "main-stream" profession. Why should we be limited here...

The only thing that Engineers get that are useful are the Hyperspeed accelerators, which are only good for a small amount of classes/specs.

you know what would be awesome

"Frenzy inducer: Place a frenzy inducer on the ground that increases melee, ranged, and spell casting speed by 30% for all party and raid members. Lasts 40 sec.

After the completion of this effect, those affected will become Sated and unable to benefit from Bloodlust again for 5 min."

Would kinda suck for shammy engineers maybe do some other one class buffs too like a cheap usable item that forts the raid.

what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Roguesoldier
    1. No. No need for an explanation here.
    2. And to use we either have to give up a perfectly good enchant on our cloak or use a Parachute Cloak(Which vastly reduces our stats... and requires a 30 second[or so] cooldown up equipping.) Not to mention that anyone can get a Parachute that "allows anyone to float/fly far distances". It's called the Skyguard
    3. We got two "special mounts" which aren't special at all, they're just...mounts. They only help towards the achievement, and I guess a cheaper mount(Even though there are many epic flyer mount drops
    4. Which stops working past level 60 and replaces a trinket
    5. Same as above...
    6. All of which are created at [decently] low levels, allowing anyone to make an alt and send them to their main. Or just find an engineer to make one for you...since only two[one per race-engineering] are BoP
    7. That's 1 point for engineering, -1 point for only being able to use it one or twice in a premade BG. I think those points cancel each other out. Then again I'm bad at complicated math
    8. See #4. [Oh and btw, there has barely been any trinket to item conversions...]
    9. If they do add those patterns during Ulduar, then they'll be replaced next raid. If they add them later into a later raid, then that's another [at least] 6 months we have to wait
    10. lol
    11. Why shouldn't we have something for PvE? Leatherworking does. Blacksmithing does. Jewelcrafting does. Tailoring does. Engineering is not a gathering profession, it's a "main-stream" profession. Why should we be limited here...

The only thing that Engineers get that are useful are the Hyperspeed accelerators, which are only good for a small amount of classes/specs.

heh how long have you been Eng?
    did you know what it was like 2 years ago?
    Alot of trinkets were there
    and now they arent.....

Eng helps twinks ALOT more then any other profession except maybe Herbs Lifeblood but even then Eng does alot

Twinks do count for something
    Blizz does watch twinks *they wouldnt make so many things become soulbound and req lvl 80 if they didnt

With Eng i dont even need to buy a flying mount to do alot of the quests in Icecrown*if your clever enough*
    by using Speed boots that amke you go like 300% faster?*not sure on speed*
    and any slowfall effect to reach alot of places that were meant for someone to NEED flying mount*took alot of work on positioning and timing*

you get a freaking epic helm at lvl 72...
    and they are gonna add stuff for more Head armors

They are buffing Eng
    Parachute attachment to cloak will give like haste now/or something like that
    so not wasting it that much
    and something else with Gloves..getting buffed also

IL admit Eng is a little Weak for upping dps or increase health or spellpower
    but Eng has so much in other places then any other Profession

no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true