Thread: Hmm Facemelt...

Hmm Facemelt...

1-2 days ago I went for shadow with my priest alt. Well, for my whole WoW playing time my dps side is not the best thing i have. But I found shadow priest easy to play especially with the help of facemelter :P So I enjoyed it, but having 2/5 of healing gear (even tier) didn't stop me. Did 3.8k dps with full raid buffs yesterday (on sarth with no drakes up + it was a pug:P). Well since i am really not the expert of this facemelt spec so I want some advice from more experienced ones. Think my priority is ok, i have no problem to keep my dots up and use mind blast and SWD every CD, i pass VE sometimes but that's not a quite big problem imo. Here is my armory also. Please avoid the tier healing gear, i tried to alter them as far as I can. I also know that i am at least way below 5-6% of hitcap. What I want to know is, am I in the right way with enchants and gems even trinkets and crit rating.

Thanks for your comments.

Re: Hmm Facemelt...

You didn't link your wowarmory. ???

Quote Originally Posted by heriana
    You didn't link your wowarmory. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by cappytoi
    Here is my armory also.
    Look again.

Shadow Priests is the currently easiest to learn, hardest to master class/talent setup.

3.8k DPS is good enough (:

Things you need to look out for while DPS'ing:
    - Until you reach a high gear level, SWD is a DPS increase. After that it will reduce your DPS.
    - Keep DoTs up at all times. Start casting Vampiric Touch when it has 1.5 sec left (before haste).
    - SW:P needs to be applied AFTER percentage modifiers. No point when you have a hard spelldamage increase from a proc, but stuff like shadow weaving and other temporary percentage increases, should be used to refresh it.
    - Mind Blast every CD. SWD every CD too if your gear isn't super awesome. If there's 1-2sec left on Mind Blast CD, use Mind Flay and spam your Mind Blast button. This will clip mind flay after one tick (1.5sec = GCD).

For information regarding gear, I suggest you look at http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16992

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    Mind Blast CD, use Mind Flay and spam your Mind Blast button. This will clip mind flay after one tick (1.5sec = GCD).
    Never clip MF after 1 tick... clip it after 2 ticks, you have already waited 0.5sec doing no damage, might as well wait another 0.5sec and get 1 more tick.

In addition, try to use SW where it makes up perfect MB CDs... ie. VT refresh, MF, SW = 1 MB CD exactly. If you SW, MF, MF, you delay MB by 1.5sec (ignoring haste).

Thanks for your advices and provided link