Problem is when you run out of hotkeys :P
    You should try being a hunter, I got 25+ hotkeys :S

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Penance/GH macro

Get Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Problem is when you run out of hotkeys :P
    Factoring in Dispel, Mass Dispel, Abolish, Pain Suppression, Arcane Torrent, Shadowfiend, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Penance, Shield, Mending, Renew, Prayer of Healing, Desperate Prayer, Potion, Health Stones (used to have 3 buttons just for that >.>), hell even bandages... yeah, I use a few macro's to cut those down a notch or two to keep the hotkeys going.

Used to be worse when we had 3 or 4 ranks of Greater Heal going. Remember that? >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Broadside
    You should try being a hunter, I got 25+ hotkeys :S
    I feel you

3 hotkeys on the mouse.
    25 hotkeys on the keyboard.
    9 of these hotkeys are shiftstate-buttons.
    There is not a single key on the keyboard without some wow use right now.

Problem is, there is still a lot of spells/abilities I don't have a hotkey for. For buffs, that's okay, but it's actually kind of nice to have a shackle button hotkey, even though it is of limited use in naxx. Or one for a manapotion. Or one for a healthstone. I Usually reserve the tilde key for spells/items that are situationally useful, but you can't fit it all...

I sometime wish I didn't use a laptop for gaming. I could've found a good use for the numpad keys. At least it kind of works to use rctrl as the VT button...

Ah well. It's a luxury problem anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

Used to be worse when we had 3 or 4 ranks of Greater Heal going. Remember that? >.>
    Used to use lctrl and shift+lctrl as additional downrank versions of the old spell. Got a bit tiresome on some BT bossfights where you had to spam the cheap gheal for very long. My pinky finger got tired after holding lshift for 20+ minutes straight on illidan

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    I sometime wish I didn't use a laptop for gaming. I could've found a good use for the numpad keys. At least it kind of works to use rctrl as the VT button...
    [color=teal]Get a bigger laptop. Most over 17" screens will have a number pad. At least, that's what I've found.

Used to use lctrl and shift+lctrl as additional downrank versions of the old spell. Got a bit tiresome on some BT bossfights where you had to spam the cheap gheal for very long. My pinky finger got tired after holding lshift for 20+ minutes straight on illidan
    Ewww. I just used F1-F3 for my downranks (1, 2, 4) and good old "3" for GH7.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Actually, if you start being a little creative, you'll have plenty of keybindings on the keyboard.
    I can get up to 33 hotkeys on the keyboard, which I can easily access.I only really like using 28 of those though.
    The key for me is to combine everything with shift :P
    Planning is for amateurs.

I've got a g15 keyboard, so I have an extra 18 buttons on the left for macros or assigning keybindings, which is nice.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I agree that this type of macro probably isn't necessary but wouldnt the following work?

/cast penance
    /cast gheal

If penance is on CD it will tell you 'thats not ready yet and start casting gheal' If penance is off CD it will cast that and the gheal will fail due to the GCD.

I havent' tried it but that would work I would think.

You can bind most of those right around our W,A,S,D keys without macros just under key bindings.  I use 1,2,3,Q,E,T,F,Z,X,C,V and a combination of Shift on all of those for my main spells.  That's 22 bindings right next to your movement keys.  Anything I don't need to use fast, or can pause to time I bind further down the keyboard.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Penance/Flash Heal Macro

I worked on a Penance/Flash Heal macro as my mini-"oh no" button in Healbot so that I didn't need to waste time wondering if penance was off cd if someone was low health and couldn't be bubbled. The macro was:

/castsequence reset=6 Penance,Flash Heal,Flash Heal,Flash Heal,Flash Heal

I am not sure what was the cause but the macro appeared to be buggy with Healbot, after Penance was caste it would not always caste Flash Heal. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    I agree that this type of macro probably isn't necessary but wouldnt the following work?

/cast penance
    /cast gheal

If penance is on CD it will tell you 'thats not ready yet and start casting gheal' If penance is off CD it will cast that and the gheal will fail due to the GCD.

I havent' tried it but that would work I would think.
    It will definitively work. But you get this problem:

You can also work around the voices by disabling the voice under the sound options. Though this has the downside of losing all avatar voice response. Sometimes that's actually handy to have.

You also get a lot of red text filled up in the on-screen text log text. It is possible to clear it by adding this to the end of the macro though:

/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    So if you want to go down that route, sure
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]