Ret spec question

Please don't flame :P

I know that there are alot of extra points for rets, so I don't know if anyones tested/talked about this yet.. But could speccing into the new 'Aura Mastery' affect 'Sancitifed Retributions'?

11 points wouldnt be so bad in holy, 5 filler points in seals of the pure for Loatheb style fights where people complain about us using Martyr, 15% int doesn't hurt.. and you don't lose any damage specs getting this. But does it not kind of turn Aura Mastery into a 2 min 3% damage CD?
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick

Re: Ret spec question

I asked that question too, but im thinking it's just the base aura. I think it won't effect talents like sanctified/swift retribution. That being said, it seems kinda meh.

What I'm wondering though is what is that arrow pointing to nothing in the prot tree supposed to be? That may be the deciding factor.

Well it'd be nice to see someone test this.

I think 3% raid DPS on a 2 min CD could probably overrun any talent they'd put in prot.
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick

Talents like Sanctified Ret, Improved Retribution Aura, Improved Devotion Aura, and Improved Concentration Aura are being applied no matter which aura you use. Aura Mastery has no effect on them.

That arrow is there because mmo-chap put it there. I wouldn't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Talents like Sanctified Ret, Improved Retribution Aura, Improved Devotion Aura, and Improved Concentration Aura are being applied no matter which aura you use. Aura Mastery has no effect on them.
    This. It's easy to test on the PTR. Take off Ret aura. Open your character screen. Activate Ret aura. Your weapon damage increases. Activate Aura Mastery. Your weapon damage does not further increase.

I still have no idea what I'm doing with my extra 11 talent points.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I'm assuming i'll probably dive down for Aura Mastery either way. As useless as the utility may or may not be, doubling a resist aura is basically like having another mitigation CD on fights like 3D sarth.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by solaste
    What I'm wondering though is what is that arrow pointing to nothing in the prot tree supposed to be? That may be the deciding factor.
    This was supposed to be there:

Divine Guardian re-designed: Now increases the effectiveness of Divine Sacrifice by an additional 5/10% and increases the duration of Sacred Shield by 50/100% and the amount absorbed by 10/20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Circumstance
    I'm assuming i'll probably dive down for Aura Mastery either way. As useless as the utility may or may not be, doubling a resist aura is basically like having another mitigation CD on fights like 3D sarth.
    If you need 10 seconds of 260 resist, you're doing it wrong. :P

As it stands, I'll probably pick up Healing Light and a couple ranks of Divinity to maximize my healing (as ret). Or else just pick up the PvP talents in ret. Either option is meh.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account

atm when u see that ret specc is not nearly finished i think it's way 2 early to determine a 3.1 specc, no1 can say wich is bether.

but isn't that aura mastery a buff to pvp holys? i know it's not final but wtf blizz thinking?

blizz: we think holy is more powerfull than intended

player: agree

blizz: lets give them 10 sec silence imune every 2 min! that sure is a nerf!
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    If you need 10 seconds of 260 resist, you're doing it wrong. :P
    I don't understand this. How am I doing something wrong by wanting to mitigate more damage?

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    atm when u see that ret specc is not nearly finished i think it's way 2 early to determine a 3.1 specc, no1 can say wich is bether.

but isn't that aura mastery a buff to pvp holys? i know it's not final but wtf blizz thinking?

blizz: we think holy is more powerfull than intended

player: agree

blizz: lets give them 10 sec silence imune every 2 min! that sure is a nerf!
    Now go look at other changes

IE: Infusion of light, Divine Plea

You're not doing anything wrong necessarily Circumstance. He's probably just saying that since it's doable without higher resistance than aura's provide, if you need double the resistance to down 3D your raid is probably undergeared and/or underskilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    You're not doing anything wrong necessarily Circumstance. He's probably just saying that since it's doable without higher resistance than aura's provide, if you need double the resistance to down 3D your raid is probably undergeared and/or underskilled.
    Well I've got Of The Nightfall, so I understand what it takes to do 3D... Just seems like if I have something at my disposal that can make things easier on anyone in the raid, its a worthy investment

I was thinking about something like this
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=&version=9733#
    Just throw everything in ret and hope they figure out that we don't have enough dps increasing talents elsewhere :P
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account

Being ret has taught me one thing. I need to level the rest of my alts (got 2/5 leveled) to 80 I went from shaman to paladin and i'm still stuck worrying what's gonna happen to my class.. Do i have to make a Rogue to be able to relax?! jeez.

15+ Year Old Account

ive been playing a ret pala since start of tbc and tbh, ive never rly worried about my class.

cause we got one of the simplest class mechanics with only instanst spells and there is not a major dps increase from using.

''/castrandom'' macro to actualy timing the attacks and using a prioritising rotation.

thus making the class pretty easy to balance in pve but because of pvp the damage output cant be to instant.

but dont worry cause it's easier to see if they nefed ret to the ground than with any other class and we have always been strong in bg's.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar