Twin Disciplines?

You'd think I'd have figured this out by now but I haven't really bothered to check it out.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not channeled spells such as Penance get the benefit from something like Twin Disciplines.

Twin Disciplines:
    Increases the damage and healing done by your instant spells by 5%.

Not that I'm not gonna spec into if it doesn't count for it. Just wondering really.
    I don't think it would.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

Re: Twin Disciplines?

Penance is channeled not instant, so it does not receive the benefit.

As I thought. Thanks. Seemed possible but unlikely.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

It does as far as I know. There was a blue post in beta about adding the bonus to MF and Penance, so they probably did it. It's listed as "instant" anyway.

90% it works.

15+ Year Old Account

99% certain that penance is counted as instant cast - mainly since the first part of it is instant healed.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bluetracker+pen...in+disciplines

--> http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/96796...t-changes.html

Just to be sure:

PTR -> Unlearn Talents -> Use Penance on self -> Check numbers

After that:

-> Learn 5/5 TD (ONLY TD) -> Use Penance on self -> Check numbers

Why PTR? Because there's no reason to waste gold on live for this

Regards,
    Venara
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I just tested, though I tested with the damage part of the spell, since that's easier to track.

Target: Master's Training Dummy
    908, 909 and 908 dmg without Twin Disciples.
    954, 954 and 954 dmg with Twin Disciples.

Channeled = Instant

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daunteh
    Channeled = Instant
    NO.

Did you even bother reading that bluepost i linked?

Channeled spells do not benefit from Twin Disciplines per sé. Blizzard simply modified that talent to work on a few spells that are not instant cast (Mind Flay, Penance). They are being treated as if they were instant cast but that doesn't mean that "channeled = instant".

Regards,
    Venara
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    NO.

Did you even bother reading that bluepost i linked?

Channeled spells do not benefit from Twin Disciplines per sé. Blizzard simply modified that talent to work on a few spells that are not instant cast (Mind Flay, Penance). They are being treated as if they were instant cast but that doesn't mean that "channeled = instant".

Regards,
    Venara
    Dunno about other classes but at least our channeled spells ALWAYS counted as instant towards various talents. Mindflay gets 10% reduced manacost from the disc talent, 5% more damage from twin disciplines, gets hasted by borrowed time but doesn't consume the buff (just like penance, and a 50/0/21 build would be rather fucked up anyway ) and so on.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Dunno about other classes but at least our channeled spells ALWAYS counted as instant towards various talents. Mindflay gets 10% reduced manacost from the disc talent, 5% more damage from twin disciplines, gets hasted by borrowed time but doesn't consume the buff (just like penance, and a 50/0/21 build would be rather fucked up anyway ) and so on.
    Are you sure with Mental Agility? Because this Question came often up and alot of people stated that MA doesnt work with MF. I never tested it and had never a reason to skill into that anyway

What im 99% sure is that instant != channeled. For Twin Disciplines they made an exception.

gets hasted by borrowed time but doesn't consume the buff (just like penance
    MF is like penace channeled, has nothing to do with the whole instant vs channeled discussion

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    MF is like penace channeled, has nothing to do with the whole instant vs channeled discussion
    Sure it has. Because borrowed time does not get consumed by instant spells (which wouldn't benefit from it), yet penance and mindflay get hasted by it, but to not consume it. So they behave kinda like instants and channelled spells at the same time.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Sure it has. Because borrowed time does not get consumed by instant spells (which wouldn't benefit from it), yet penance and mindflay get hasted by it, but to not consume it. So they behave kinda like instants and channelled spells at the same time.
    Sounds logical

A blue Post about this would be nice since it got asked often and nobody could/can tell the answer for sure ..

I could not find a blue Post about this issue

15+ Year Old Account

Sounds logical

A blue Post about this would be nice since it got asked often and nobody could/can tell the answer for sure ..

I could not find a blue Post about this issue
    Don't fish for a blue post, it's probably better.

If you do, Ghostcrawler would probably answer:

[blizzquote author="Ghostcrawler"]
    We imagined Priests starting every fight with shield, hasted penance, hasted holy fire. Penance is supposed to be a defensive tool, which you think about before using, not just spam in your rotation. Therefore we changed the cooldown of penance to 2 minutes.[/blizzquote]

[/angryshadowpriest]

I loved this statement....

WE CAN CHAIN CC WITH 1MIN CD ON PSYCHIC HORROR LAWLZ!!

Are you sure with Mental Agility? Because this Question came often up and alot of people stated that MA doesnt work with MF. I never tested it and had never a reason to skill into that anyway
    A guildmate tested it in live a couple of months ago and it didn't affect MF