Thread: New Vault Boss

New Vault Boss

Ran him a couple of times today (before the server reset).

He's in the same instance as Loot Pinata, except that you hang a right at the circular section of Vault. His trash are similar to the Pinata trash except they swell up and explode after 10sec once they've been brought down to a certain % health.

The boss has 4 of these trash as adds and they respawn if you kill them (which is inevitable). An offtank takes the adds and once every 30seconds or so, one of them gets 'supercharged' and explodes after 10seconds, wiping the raid. The DPS has to stop what they're doing and burn down the supercharged add before it pops. AOEing down before hand doesn't work because they return to max health when they get the buff.

The boss also does an aoe nova and chain lightning.

So basically it's a case of DPS the boss, kill the supercharged add when it gets the buff, don't get hit by AOE or link the Chain Lightning, collect loot.

Yes it is much harder than Loot Pinata.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Re: New Vault Boss

Oh good to hear!

Now the new Death Knights can go from VoA to the new boss and get Epics as soon as they hit 80!

How brilliant.

/Sarcasm.

Brudish

aww man so i actually have to do somthing? thats crap. nerf the fight imo

EDIT:
    EDIT 2: accidently quoted myself..
    Quote Originally Posted by Brudish
    Oh good to hear!

Now the new Death Knights can go from VoA to the new boss and get Epics as soon as they hit 80!

How brilliant.

/Sarcasm.
    I dont see a problem with that - i mean if A DK piece drops..only DK's can use it..thats the point of going into VoA imo

Brudish

interupts?

After having seen the pugs on my server, theres no chance in hell pugs will be downing this boss. Did it on ptr.

Inb4thenerfs.

edit: the adds do a shock, instant cast, no cast at all, as for the boss, i have to admit, haven't tried interrupting the CL.

Did you do him in 25 or something ? I killed him in 10man with a pug and it was really easy oO

It's all about melee spreading out...

Haven't tried the PTR myself, but sounds kinda cool Maybe VoA will be turned into a raid instance instead of a loot area you go to tvice every week then ;D

I haven't tried 25man, but 10man will probably be fairly straightforward once people learn the strat. However, I'm guessing the encounter will simply be too hard for drooling retards to faceroll through, which is good.

'ZOMG I CANT CLICK ON TEH RIGHT ONE!!1 DUUUURHHHHH...'
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)