Looking to lvl my priest as DISC

So..i'm rolling a priest and I want to level as disc because...

1. I want to heal and be able to survive questing on a pvp realm
    2. I'm with someone while leveling..a boomkin
    3. well i just want to try something different

What would be a good disc leveling spec? Or does it just not really matter :P

Re: Looking to lvl my priest as DISC

Any spec that's going to give you spell power and utility id say. I'm leveling Shadow but I just like dots. Disc/holy, and maybe spirit tap for faster leveling.

(40/28/3) Disco Smite Leveling Buildhttp://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbhhxtrxsZbvx0bbqbZh

1st points: 3/3 Spirit Tap
    Then
    2/2 Imp PW:F
    Then
    5/5 Divine Fury
    Then
    Up to you

If you don't know this already... an Spriest can heal just fine while leveling. But, I think you were looking for something a little more off the beaten path.

When pulling regular mobs: Shield>Holy Fire>Smite till dead.
    If your fighting a mob with increased HP: Shield>Smite>SW:P>DP>Holy Fire>Smite till dead.

When you get SW use it as your finisher instead of Smite.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaline
    So..i'm rolling a priest and I want to level as disc because...

1. I want to heal and be able to survive questing on a pvp realm
    2. I'm with someone while leveling..a boomkin
    3. well i just want to try something different

What would be a good disc leveling spec? Or does it just not really matter :P
    1 and 2. How fast do you want to level up or are you just in it for the fun? I changed to disc for a short while when I was doing some levels with a rogue, however, the heals were not really necessary and if they were needed it's doable in shadow and shadow will make you kill mobs faster. However, try it out and enjoy some dungeons as well where you can be probably a much better healer as disc (even though you can heal pretty decent up to 70 as shadow, boring healing). You'll save money for respecs as well, if you're not up to dual specs in new patch.
    I wouldn't expect the fastest kind of leveling, but if you are in no hurry reaching lvl 80 and don't get annoyed if killing mobs take a while you'll probably have fun. And I'm sure you will love penance, cause we all do =)

Deleted

Oh I forgot to add. Disc is not the answer to never be getting killed on a pvp realm. What kills you is usually higher level gankers and they will kill you whatever spec you choose. I've been leveling on a pvp realm as shadow and gankers have been the ones master killing me. Otherwise there haven't really been much killing at all. I ran into an ally rogue once in a while when I was leveling during the lower levels and I killed him most of the time except for when he was sneaking up on me when I was killing mobs (it's easier to kill them before they get their damn cloak).
    However, sometimes there is a fight but not very often at all. What I would suggest though, if you want to survive against other players while leveling is to change to pve realm. Because sometimes you will die, even as a disc and it's part of the game on a pvp realm.

Deleted

Just make sure you have spirittap and you'll be fine

With Holy Nova having its cost reduced next patch Disc might actually be quite nice for lower level AoE grinding.

Whichever spec you pick, be sure to drop 3 points into Spirit Tap though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Spirit Tap / Reflective Shield / Divine Fury is all you need for leveling just make sure you have the best wand possible.