FrostBite+Fingers of Frost question.

At first I thought my luck was amazingly good and then noticed something odd.
    On my level 66 Mage whilst leveling as frost PvP spec, Go Me!! I noticed that
    every time the NPC I am attacking gets Frost Bite, I gain Fingers of Frost.

And every time I gain fingers of frost my enemy gets frost bite, I am not complaining
    its just I rather use my 2 spells of Fringers of Frost on a non-frozen target rather than
    a frozen one.

If the target is frozen and I frost bolt+ Ice lance, then my 2 fingers of frost is gone+ my targets
    Frost bite will break, so my question is Are these two related or am I just VERY VERY VERY VERY LUCKY.

Re: FrostBite+Fingers of Frost question.

Working as intended, they always proc together.

yes they always proc together.

Yes, the proc chances are indeed related, in such a way that you can't proc Frostbite on a frost damage spell without also proccing FoF. However, you can proc FoF without proccing Frostbite if the target is immune to the Frostbite effect. In addition, you can proc Frostbite without proccing FoF if the Frostbite proc is caused by a non-damage spell such as Ice Armor.
    Also, if you have FoF, you can actually cast 2 Frostbolts, the last one followed up with an Ice Lance - because that casting the Ice Lance instantaneously after the Frostbolt, you can practically achieve the shatter bonus three times, creating a "third" FoF charge.
    Planning is for amateurs.

Ty for clearing that out ^^ and for Jaska for the tip .

Quote Originally Posted by Jaska
    Yes, the proc chances are indeed related, in such a way that you can't proc Frostbite on a frost damage spell without also proccing FoF. However, you can proc FoF without proccing Frostbite if the target is immune to the Frostbite effect. In addition, you can proc Frostbite without proccing FoF if the Frostbite proc is caused by a non-damage spell such as Ice Armor.
    Also, if you have FoF, you can actually cast 2 Frostbolts, the last one followed up with an Ice Lance - because that casting the Ice Lance instantaneously after the Frostbolt, you can practically achieve the shatter bonus three times, creating a "third" FoF charge.
    Yep, the FOF charge isn't used until your spell does damage so... while the 2nd frostbolt is in flight you can cast a 3rd spell and it will cast as though the target was frozen (icelance or deep freeze for another frostbolt+icelance).
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    Yep, the FOF charge isn't used until your spell does damage so... while the 2nd frostbolt is in flight you can cast a 3rd spell and it will cast as though the target was frozen (icelance or deep freeze for another frostbolt+icelance).
    No, the charge is consumed on spell cast. The reason you can fit an Ice Lance in is network lag.
    The FoF Shatter is basically a bug, as it goes directly against the talent tooltip that clearly states "your next 2 spells cast".

A normal Shatter combo relies on travel time, a game mechanic, to work, but this one can be impossible to pull to a player with the wrong amount of latency. Hence, if Blizzard intends for our DPS to be balanced around this, they have to make it more clear. The people over at EJ (Lhivera especially) are considerably vocal against this mechanic.