High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Anyone actually gonna PvP on their shadow priest after 3.1?

I dunno, with the removal of blackout and the change to fear and the increased cooldown on Psychic Horror, is there any reason to even PvP on a shadow priest? Battlegrounds are ok while you're not getting focused but forget about arenas. Heck, even now arenas are a joke on a shadow priest. We get to tank for 15-20 seconds, then we get to watch. The only positive change is that Dispersion will remove crippling poison and make you immune for the 6 seconds that you try to get away without being able to heal or cast defensively (ie fear or psychic horror).

Re: Anyone actually gonna PvP on their shadow priest after 3.1?

I was like when the introduced Psychic Horror.

But then I was like > when they nerfed Psychic Horror.

And then I was like > ??? when they made Psychic Scream be able to break.

All in all.
    So much for us getting buffed for pvp.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by twopac187
    I dunno, with the removal of blackout and the change to fear and the increased cooldown on Psychic Horror, is there any reason to even PvP on a shadow priest? Battlegrounds are ok while you're not getting focused but forget about arenas. Heck, even now arenas are a joke on a shadow priest. We get to tank for 15-20 seconds, then we get to watch. The only positive change is that Dispersion will remove crippling poison and make you immune for the 6 seconds that you try to get away without being able to heal or cast defensively (ie fear or psychic horror).
    I'm not pleased with the changes and the nerf. However, I will surely do battlegrounds as shadow. Arena depends on druids being better healers or better dps and I will probably adapt to that situation to make our 3v3 a winning team =)

Shadow PvP in 3.1 is no option!!! It's just ridiculous what Blizzard is doing with us.

Now they only need to remove blackout

Priests have been getting nerfed every patch since I've been playing, around 1.7. Is this really a surprise?

Deleted

And fear just took a nerf...
    The damage threshold for Fear, Psychic Scream, Hex, Intimidating Shout, and Turn Evil to break early has been significantly reduced.

Lol as if PS needed anymore nerfing..

now i defenitly going on my mage alt...
    Once shadow, always shadow.

Shadow wasn't good in 3.1, before these nerfs.
    Now I'd say it's roughly the same way it was on live.

Psychic Horror isn't amazing, and nothing close to life saving.
    Survivability still hasn't been addressed. Warriors, Retadins, Rogues, Death Knights, and Feral Druids tear through my 900 resilience like nothing else.
    DoT damage is nerfed.
    Dispersion breaking snares is minor at best, useless at worst. I don't know about anyone else, but you can't really run away from any melee class; they all have abilities to get right back to you, or prevent you from getting away from them. It could help you get away when your partner peels, but in most cases, you'd probably be better off casting a spell than running.
    As it stands, I rarely survive long enough as Shadow to get off a fear that won't be broken by some means. Lowering it's damage threshold probably won't effect us much.
    Vampiric Touch's damage on dispel isn't anywhere near enough to deter anyone from dispelling it. When you have Unstable Affliction, you're all 'Oh no, I don't want to risk dispelling this, it will silence me and could crit me for 1/4 of my health.' Vampiric Touch is more 'Lol, 1200 damage, onoz.'

Shadow will be a lot better against casters next patch, ironically. With the dispel protection and extra magical reduction while in Shadowform will be a nice boost. Ret pallies who love to spam Cleanse should be in for a nice surprise
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I rarely cast vampiric touch in pvp situations, if you have someone on you, you're trying to gain distance, not stop to cast a 1.5 second spell. If I've got good range sure, I'll cast it cause it does good damage, but 9/10 times you're getting focused down by at least 1 melee, usually 2. Especially in arenas.

WHY PVP w/ SPRIEST EVEN NOW NVM 3.1

Seriously enough is enough blizz. with all other classes running around aimlessly in plate doing extreme burst w/ consistent cc, u expect spriests to be competitive w/ no offensive cds and !%@!ty cc/survivability?

ive pvpd on many toons since tbc including high end pvp 2200+ in s3/s4 on melee. i have entered the realm of caster pvp recently-specifically spriest. i must say-its terribad atm

LIST OF AWFUL SPRIEST PVP MISC POOP

-awful burst-LOL mindblast? ok! pvp is about survivibility, mobility, control and BURST. we have none. we get rolled by all plate melee or other casters w/ offensive burst cds and pets. i get it we r a ranged distance class--but w/ awful ways to peel/distance/kite atm

-WTB CC!!!!30 sec fear/mid 20's talented or so is bad considering the melle dominance in arena-- give us a permanent cc or pet w/ stun/cc abilities. other clothies have that and burst and iceblock and perma cc fearbombs/traps, etc.

-WHY NO PERMANAENT SHADOWFIEND--seriously--it could be useful as a pet w/ cc that increases dmg that could be sacrificied for shields/buffs/etc.

-DISPERSION SUCKS!!! it needs major revamping--include a dmg buff like a rogues killing spree and keep a relative short cd. it just prolongs the inevitable--make it regen health too and let us CAST IN THAT FORM LIKE LOCKS CAN DO IN ILLIDAN FORM.wjy so many defensive abilities and no offensive BURST--wtb balance

-REMOVE THE HUGE MANA COSTS TO POP SFORM AND HEAL! wow i understand we r a hybrid class, but cmon its way too costly to pop form to drop some renews/pom/flashes occasionally. let us cast some healing spells in sform to balance it.

-WE NEED DISPEL PROTECTION, in other words if our dots r removed either dmg the target for a ton or refund us mana/hp. since that is 99% of our pvp game---why no benefits if dispeled/removed. lol?

*******Im sure ive neglected to mention many more poor aspects of spriest PVP atm--feel free to post your thoughts

That'd be cool. if someone hits you while you're dispersed, they get some type of debuff, maybe reduces their attack speed for a few seconds or something. No one ever stops attacking a spriest that disperses, they just keep going cause they know you're gonna die anyway.

can someone just go on the forums and ask a GM if anyone even plays a spriest??

i would put my money on no.. these changes are so retarded and minor to the direction of true balance yet they refuse to put a little effort into caring for a whole entire gimp class tree.

wtb next expansion for shadow tree redesign

15+ Year Old Account

I think I'm gonna try a bit of 2v2, but it'll most likely end up with me going nerdrage and respeccing disc or sticking to PvE.

Yes i will def pvp as shadow, in fact my alternate spec for dual spec will be pvp shadow that looks similar to

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=bEIo0hMbRZZ0efwRdk0fqdko

Just see this as an opprtunity to further into dicipline as shadow. The changes are sorta a nerf yes, but it makes our class less random and more intentional. This should lead to a less frustrating experience in bgs. If we die its because we are out matched or out geared, not because we were unlucky with random procs; and if we kill someone - then we are very skilled indeed :P cause blizz has made it very difficult for us.