Thread: Priest Profs

Priest Profs

Ok i am curouis on something i have a priest who is a tailor and an enchanter would it benifit me to take out enchanter or tailor for JC?

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

Re: Priest Profs

I think it depends on what your going for. However, I think your asking from a min/max perspective. If that is the case, I'd go JC/Enchanting.

There is argument for tailoring, but it relies on the hopes and dreams of maybe someday a 1st/2nd BiS item will be tailor only BoP.

Alchemy can be sexy if mana becomes an issue at some point for you. The alchy stone + mana pot is pretty potent.

Also, looking to the future, blacksmithing may become more valuable than enchanting in 3.1 & beyond. As of right now, enchanting gives you +39 SP from 2 ring enchants. Blacksmithing gives you 2 extra gem sockets for the same +39 SP OR +32 INT or SPI OR 12 Mp5 (and combinations there of). In 3.1, these two gem slots will give you +46 SP, +40 Int or Spi, or +16 Mp5. Furthermore, I have not seen plans for a new ring enchant to date. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It may seem counter-intuitive for a priest to be a blacksmith, but for raw min/maxing, this may be the way to go.

Personally, I am going to wait for 3.1 to hit live before making any hasty profession changes.

Myself I'm an Enchanter/Inscription. For the rings and shoulder enchants, also just for the nifty factor, but 20 min hearth scrolls are nice as well.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Sorry, my bad. Non-unique epic gems have been data mined, but no official announcement made. They, indeed, may not be in the 3.1 patch.

However, at some point they will be. Consequently, if epic gems do not hit until 3.3, many Disco & Holy priests will be stacking something other than SP. Even if they are stacking SP, BS provides the same benefit as enchanting to that effect, with more flexibility.

Again, from a purely statistical point of view. Money making/saving and flavor aside.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Tailoring also provides cloak enchants and dirt cheap leg enchants. Relevant cloak enchants are either chance on spellcast to gain 300 mana or 250 spell power for 15 seconds. 45 second internal cooldown from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by twopac187
    Tailoring also provides cloak enchants and dirt cheap leg enchants. Relevant cloak enchants are either chance on spellcast to gain 300 mana or 250 spell power for 15 seconds. 45 second internal cooldown from what I understand.
    Yup. The Darkglow Embroidery will net you similar mana gains to the Insightful Earthsiege Diamond. Its THE best cloak enchant for healing priests; one of the main reasons I'm holding on to tailoring.

15+ Year Old Account

I would definitely stick with tailoring if it stays as it is on PTR. The changed Lightweave Embroidery is by far the highest DPS gain from any profession for a Shadowpriest and like SpiritusVex says the Darkglow Embroidery is the absolutely best cloak enchant for a Healing Priest.

tailor/enchanting
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    tailor/enchanting
    Enchanting's pretty simple but the 38 spellpower you get from it (rings) can be made up in other places: Leatherworking, Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Inscription... not sure about Alchemy though.

Tailoring's pretty solid no matter how you look at it. Keep it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Enchanting's pretty simple but the 38 spellpower you get from it (rings) can be made up in other places: Leatherworking, Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Inscription... not sure about Alchemy though.

Tailoring's pretty solid no matter how you look at it. Keep it.
    i think they are gonna give enchanters something really good*some day*so i say keep it
    plus no item goes to waste
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

If you have Tailoring and Enchanting then you can turn the extra Frostweave Cloth you find into greens to shard, you end up with a little dust factory.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.