Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Spriests OP against rogues?

lawl did you really saw priests (in any form) are op against...rogues? Imo rogues are known as priest/warlock killers.

Maybe it was just a nice dream

LOL spriests....OP against a class? HAHAHA excuse me but that was too funny, it actually brought a tear to my eye from laughing so hard lol.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    Just a note to, iv been crit for 6300 eviscerate with 910 ressillince.. that is nearly a 10k crit before ressillince reductions apply.. and blizzard think that a 5 seconds disarm was OP... rofl.
    910 resil = 22% crit damage reduction. Which means a 6300 evis would equate to roughly 7800-8000 before resilience reduction. Not 10k. Stop talking crap, given that you are wearing cloth and evis requires 5 combo's to do that sort of damage thats about right. Its not like rogues can do eviscerates instantly or repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter
    910 resil = 22% crit damage reduction. Which means a 6300 evis would equate to roughly 7800-8000 before resilience reduction. Not 10k. Stop talking crap, given that you are wearing cloth and evis requires 5 combo's to do that sort of damage thats about right. Its not like rogues can do eviscerates instantly or repeatedly.
    It's not like they still can't build combo points while you're Dispersed or under Pain Suppression (if your'e disc). Oh wait.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shanron
    Just a note to, iv been crit for 6300 eviscerate with 910 ressillince.. that is nearly a 10k crit before ressillince reductions apply.. and blizzard think that a 5 seconds disarm was OP... rofl.

Chillstream i know some ppl like to eat shit,but you eat the most.Your character is lvl 75 and cant have 910 resil,first of all.2nd rogues are ment to kill holy and shadow priests,and most of the cloth users.3rd rogues can't kill 1v1 disc priests,or can noob ones.I play hunter , resto druid , disc priest.
    i thot blizz sayed something like thay didnt want a rock paper scissors game, like rogue kills class A
    class C kills rogue...
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

ever since s4 was realsed sp's have not been welcomed in arena, they simply have no place anymore. holy/disc priests especially when 3.1 goes live now thats a different story all together.

Quote Originally Posted by crikk23
    i thot blizz sayed something like thay didnt want a rock paper scissors game, like rogue kills class A
    class C kills rogue...
    do you even play this game? Because it is entirely balanced using a rock/paper/scissors mentallity. Why do you think blizz continuely says this game isn't balanced around 1v1???

Note that doing eviscerate is a choice. It takes of your combo points. So its kidney shot or eviscerate. 6k crit or 6 secodns stun, usually i go for stun. Stun can be trinketed, as a shadow you have good defensive tools.

It's not like they still can't build combo points while you're Dispersed or under Pain Suppression (if your'e disc). Oh wait.
    I never use combo moves on dispersed priest, pain suppression mayby. Whats wrong in that? A skill which makes you to take much less damage, istn that enough already?

Pain superssion: Instantly reduces friendly targets threat by 5%, reduces all damage taken by 40% and increases resistance to dispel mechanics by 60%, in addition, if there is a rogue hitting you he cant generate combo points by hitting you.

Not so logical

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    I think... that rogues (amongst other physical classes) are over represented in PvP (I'm not talking about the "uber" tourney ladders, just overall general playership). Why piss off a large portion of your PvP base when you don't have to?

Not that I agree by any means, but I've given the college try to PvP in arenas, and I found it most unwelcome for priests. It seems like this nerf is more aimed at locks, with the casualty being, yet again, priests.
    I had to log in....

Your sig is wrong...
    Last part (3/3) is from GC -> to druids. ( are jack of all trade, not the best...)
    So before you play to QQ card, get your info straight.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

Spriests will never be OP against all these "skilled" ninjas. Sure, the rogue class atracts LOTS of bads, but if a rogue fails against a spriest.. He should consider rerolling

Quote Originally Posted by trexxo
    Spriests will never be OP against all these "skilled" ninjas. Sure, the rogue class atracts LOTS of bads, but if a rogue fails against a spriest.. He should consider rerolling
    As someone who plays both priest and rogue at 80, your talking nonsense. Specced disc I can pretty much lol at rogues and let my dots and reflected damage eat him while he blows his CD's.

Specced shadow obviously is a lot harder and even with my ~900 resi i still have a very tough time against well geared rogues. But theyre not unbeatable and imho things will get significantly better in 3.1.

Stop whining all the time and look to the positives. Some people would only be happy if they buffed shadow to make it totally OP. Blizzard wants to avoid that embarrassing situation again (*cough DK's).

Quote Originally Posted by redderz
    As someone who plays both priest and rogue at 80, your talking nonsense. Specced disc I can pretty much lol at rogues and let my dots and reflected damage eat him while he blows his CD's.

Specced shadow obviously is a lot harder and even with my ~900 resi i still have a very tough time against well geared rogues. But theyre not unbeatable and imho things will get significantly better in 3.1.

Stop whining all the time and look to the positives. Some people would only be happy if they buffed shadow to make it totally OP. Blizzard wants to avoid that embarrassing situation again (*cough DK's).

this

If you have played rogue yourself you have 100% increased advantage on them.

So many ppl thinks playing rogue is.
    cheapshot, kidney then 500 mutilates and target is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by redderz

i am not talking about disc.. I know disc is ezmode, i've tried it myself a few times. However i'm talking about shadow, and having a 3 years experience as spriest i obviously know what i am talking about. And i would hate if shadow became OP (i like being an unique snowflake lul), i'm just hoping we'd get a bit better times versus mainly rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jutteri
    this

If you have played rogue yourself you have 100% increased advantage on them.

So many ppl thinks playing rogue is.
    cheapshot, kidney then 500 mutilates and target is dead.
    sigh.. I myself have a rogue and i am fully aware of all their abilities and what they do to wtfpwn me (note that i am not whining about nub rogues, it's those with a clue that are awful). I am chance less against their CloSkill/vanish and blind restealth. And trinketing CS?.. I can't see why
    even the worst baddie would do that lol.

If pvp is rock paper scissors...

DK beats all casters (Bliz says they're supposed to be the anti caster class)

Rogue beats most casters, especially clothies. That's their nitch

Spriest beats.... holy pallies and holy priests?

Which class is the anti melee class again? The opposite of DK?

Worst argument ever in 3..2..

Spriests are viable because with enough skill they have been known to beat every class in 1v1. Skill is more important than class strengths

/worstargumentever

On that note I'd like to point out that 70s are perfectly viable in pvp because I've seen a 70 rogue beat an 80 in a duel. Dueling naked is also perfectly viable because I've seen a naked mage beat someone in a duel. I am also perfecty viable in MMA because if I went up against an MMA champion when he was asleep I could, with enough skill, knock him out with a crowbar. Remember, there are a lot of complicated factors involved in pvp and to say that a DK always beats a Spriest or a level 80 always beats a level 40 is over simplifying.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    If pvp is rock paper scissors...

DK beats all casters (Bliz says they're supposed to be the anti caster class)

Rogue beats most casters, especially clothies. That's their nitch

Spriest beats.... holy pallies and holy priests?

Which class is the anti melee class again? The opposite of DK?

Worst argument ever in 3..2..

Spriests are viable because with enough skill they have been known to beat every class in 1v1. Skill is more important than class strengths

/worstargumentever

On that note I'd like to point out that 70s are perfectly viable in pvp because I've seen a 70 rogue beat an 80 in a duel. Dueling naked is also perfectly viable because I've seen a naked mage beat someone in a duel. I am also perfecty viable in MMA because if I went up against an MMA champion when he was asleep I could, with enough skill, knock him out with a crowbar. Remember, there are a lot of complicated factors involved in pvp and to say that a DK always beats a Spriest or a level 80 always beats a level 40 is over simplifying.
    i lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Jutteri
    I never use combo moves on dispersed priest, pain suppression mayby. Whats wrong in that? A skill which makes you to take much less damage, istn that enough already?
    A skill that says "Hey guess what! I'm over here, nice and shiny, and vulnerable! You have 6 (Disperse) or 8 (Suppression) seconds to build up a 5 stack eviscerate... GO!

Pain superssion: Instantly reduces friendly targets threat by 5%, reduces all damage taken by 40% and increases resistance to dispel mechanics by 60%, in addition, if there is a rogue hitting you he cant generate combo points by hitting you.
    Umm, what? Yes he can. Combo Points are generated by hitting, not by doing damage. This is what screwed Warriors over pre 3.1, but even that's getting changed.

Not so logical
    Not so accurate, sorry.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

Looks like we have a bad rogue QQing..
    L2p and try again, i get destoryed by rogues , even with my crazy HP and ressillince, it doesnt help one bit.

Bad paladin posting about a bad rogue?

L2Spell kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

The thing is, this fear nerf was ment to be for locks, but they thought * Hey we will nerf priest fear to*.
    Now iv been feared by a lock, and went from 25K hp - 0 in 1 fear with so many Dots on me it was nearly onto 3 lines of debuffs. And of course with unstable afflction, i cant do a thing about it. Which btw HITS for 10k when dispeled + 3 seconds silence lol. ( if only priest VT worked that way, which BTW it should )

But once again, they nerf priests due to another class being OP .
    locks arent op, fear is op...of any class...
    yesterday on my warr i targeted hunter pet and eared hunter, i took him over 20k hp and fear didnt break. Does that makes sense to you? for me none, same goes for fear of any class... its meant to be fucking cc not " k im gonna fear you and nuke you from 100%-0% while you cant do shit"
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.