New PVP spec for... Prot?

For some reason I can't use the Talent Calculator right now, but let me explain what I mean on this.

Hammer of Justice stuns the target and has a 60 Seconed CD. Lets you attack the target freely while they sit there and can't attack back for a few secs.

Improved Hammer of Justice- Reduces the CD of Hammer of Justice by 10/20/30 Secs.
    Judgments of the wise (Prot, seconed to last)- (blah blah random stufff) and reduces the CD of Hammer of justice by 10/20 Secs.

Leaving us with a 10 sec Hammer CD.

Then we have our 60 PVP 3 Set bonus- Reduces the CD of Hammer of justice by 10 secs (If anyone has a newer set with this bonus, please share, I haven't had time to check all of the 70 PVP gear and such =p)

So that's a 0 sec CD with Hammer, leaving it spammable. Combine with the fact that (atleast presently) Prot Destroys other physical DPSers ("OP DK's" are nothing to me =P) this would make prot a force to reckon with in PVP. Specially with the Silence and stuff it's getting... Additionaly you can throw in the Seal of justice (which gets longer thanks to the same prot talent that reduces our Hammer's CD) and you can basically perma stunlock someone :O!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Re: New PVP spec for... Prot?

Yes, we know, prot will be awesome. Prot isn't even too bad at the moment. No, we won't faceroll. Good melee players will still be able to counter us with proper timing.

Imp HoJ is down to 2 ranks for 10 seconds each, meaning that deep prot will have a 20 second CD on it, not 10.

The newer set with -10seconds HoJ is the level 70 blues at the least, without looking at the epic arena gear. It would be fun to test, having 10 second HoJ cds, but if it proves too potent (like the LoH CD with t3 bonus) it'll be hotfixed away.

I have a horrible sinking feeling that everyone will be going prot pvp next patch

Atleast I'm a few steps forward in BV gear and tactical practise.

Oh snap I didn't know it lost a rank ;_;.

But I suppose it is still getable if you can get another set bonus with -10 sec HoJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

there's no point in having it spammable... since there are diminishing returns.

I'm prot pvp right now and i will still be next patch. it's awesome.

although i use my PVE gear with PVE spec it's still very doable.

PvP as prot.

Gear priority stacking: Str, Stam, BV, Crit in about that order.

Improved Hammer of Justice now is only 2 ranks, recuses CD os Hammer by 10/20 sec
    and the other deep prot talent reduces by another 10/20 sec
    TOTAL of 40sec, so Hammer will be 20 sec CD.

AND the old lvl 70 pvp set bonus has been changed since Wotlk came live, no longer recudes the CD by 10 sec, but reduces the CD of judgements by 1 sec.

So will still be 20 sec CD.

I had tested this a little on PTR, and can be pretty annoing for the others, get stuned every 20 sec, and you can still do a small burst. I was using Avenger shield glyph and was doing 8k crits with Avenger shield + 4.5k SotR + 2k HotR crits + 4k exorcism crits + 1.5k judgement crits.

We go OOM very fast, even with divine plea up 100% of the time as it is. Thats the only problem with this spec for pvp. In 1v1 I could beat any melee like they were 5y kids. And some casters like mage/lock you can kill with a good luck on crits. Healers are impossibles to kill.

we don't go oom fast in PTR anymore because of Divine Plea refreshing indefinitely now.

and the "Little Burts" you say? i just did an AB (on live servers) and killed 3 people without healing or bubbling.

Hunter, Fury warr, DK.

I almost died and woulda had to bubble but the "Little" burst is alot more than you think

We do go OOM VERY FAST. Divine plea doesnt compensate all the mana u use at all. I have to use seal of wisdom to keep my mana bar on 50% at best.

http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=752#comments; definately still a -10s HoJ bonus, not that it matters much. They only changed the actual glad set bonuses.