Ret paladin BiS?

I've recently started playing my paladin again.

I know Ulduar is on it's way, but i thought seeing as my guild are working towards completing any raiding achivement before Ulduar hits. What harm is there to grab the remaining BiS i can, before 3.1.

So does anyone know the list for what is best in slot, or a link which has it all there?

I'm getting a nobles deck for the 6th (sitting in my bag), and i know that the Expertise helm from Os 2Drake is on the BiS list, but i don't know what else.

If my armor shows T2 legs, it's cus it hasn't updated since i've logged out. Plus T2 > all!

Re: Ret paladin BiS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    So does anyone know the list for what is best in slot, or a link which has it all there?
    http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

yeah use rawr. and get all t7 except for the helm (for the obsisian)

4pc + Frosted Adroit Handguards > 4pc + Obsidian Greathelm. It's true now, and it's even more true with the changes on PTR (which obviously could change again). The difference isn't huge though, so if it's hard for you to get a leather drop like that away from your rogues/druids/hunters, don't sweat it too much.

For the rest of the slots:
    Favor of the Dragon Queen
    Drape of the Deadly Foe
    Bracers of Unrelenting Attack
    Girdle of Razuvious
    Dawnwalkers
    Surge Needle Ring
    Ruthlessness
    DMC: Greatness
    Fury of the Five Flights / Mirror of Truth (for movement-heavy fights)
    Betrayer of Humanity
    Deadly Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude or Libram of Radiance (Grizzly Hills one is better now, but nerfed in 3.1)

It's also very possible that Deadly Gladiator's Scaled Gauntlets will end up the best in slot gloves due to the changes to Crusader Strike in 3.1. Jury's still out on that one though, especially since they probably aren't done tinkering with CS yet. This is the other reason I prefer using gloves instead of helm for my non-set piece; it makes it very easy to switch just one item if the pvp gloves end up better.

Thanks Palegod, I was on my mage alt as i posted my topic, and was being lazy to switch to check Rawr out, so i would of waited. I will check what i got shortly and compare it to your list, i don't think i'm far off it. Hopefully it wont be long till that Os 2drake helm drops.

Thanks Palegod, I was on my mage alt as i posted my topic, and was being lazy to switch to check Rawr out, so i would of waited. I will check what i got shortly and compare it to your list, i don't think i'm far off it. Hopefully it wont be long till that Os 2drake helm drops.
    Just note that rawr ranks items relative to what you're currently wearing. For example, if I'm using Death's Bite, Surge Needle Ring is ranked below some other rings. If I swap it to Betrayer, Surge Needle Ring goes up in value because of the lost Hit from DB.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Click the armory link in my sig.
    Looks like prot gear to me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    Looks like prot gear to me. :P
    <Dunce>

I don't like palegod's list.

it's been proven time and time again that 25-man t7 4 piece is best in slot.

Here I go.

Obsidian Great helm
    Favor of the dragon queen
    Drape of the deadly foe
    Valorous Shoulders
    Valorous Chest
    Bracers of unrelenting attack
    Tabard of brute force (lol)
    Valorous gloves
    Girdle of chivalry or razuvious whichever floats your boat.
    Valorous legs
    Melancholy sabatons
    Ruthlessness
    Surge needle ring or Circle of death
    Mirror or Fury of the five flights
    Greatness
    Deadly gladiator's libram (1930 rating)
    betrayer of humanity

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    DOh!
    I was looking at the icons thinking "wtf weapon could that be that he thinks is BiS?"

Oh. It is BiS. For a different spec.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Palegod
    4pc + Frosted Adroit Handguards > 4pc + Obsidian Greathelm. It's true now, and it's even more true with the changes on PTR (which obviously could change again). The difference isn't huge though, so if it's hard for you to get a leather drop like that away from your rogues/druids/hunters, don't sweat it too much.
    Explain, because if you are talking about the hit then you are completely wrong since you still don't need to be hit capped to do more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    Explain, because if you are talking about the hit then you are completely wrong since you still don't need to be hit capped to do more dps.
    According to rawr, I do 62 more dps if I have the frosted adroit gloves and tier helm, as opposed to the 2D helm and tier gloves.

::shrug::

Quote Originally Posted by Palegod
    Incorrect and stated like someone that doesn't like being told they are wrong.

4pc + Obsidian Greathelm > 4pc + Frosted Adroit Handguards

A lot of testing and number crunching was done and that is the conclusion. You claiming otherwise either means A) You don't know what you are talking about. B) Don't care that there is proof showing you are wrong and want the attention or C) Can't come to terms with being wrong.

However, with the changes incoming with 3.1 hit will be worth more so the gloves will rise in value.

According to rawr, I do 62 more dps if I have the frosted adroit gloves and tier helm, as opposed to the 2D helm and tier gloves.

::shrug::
    I lose .32 DPS by using the t7 helm, adriot gloves. As others have said. Rawr bases items on what you are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii

I lose .32 DPS by using the t7 helm, adriot gloves. As others have said. Rawr bases items on what you are wearing.
    Actually, just realized I'm using the 2.20b5 version of Rawr, which includes some but not all of the 3.1 changes.

Edit: And the "others" who said that was actually just me.

Actually, just realized I'm using the 2.20b5 version of Rawr, which includes some but not all of the 3.1 changes.

Edit: And the "others" who said that was actually just me.
    If you classify others as just you, you are dismissing the creator of Rawr and the many many other sources that cite that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii
    If you classify others as just you, you are dismissing the creator of Rawr and the many many other sources that cite that fact.
    The scope of my comment was limited to this thread.

All I can tell you is that after doing everything right (I'm not dumb), Rawr tells me:

"The Optimizer found a gearset with a score of 5570.199. (Your currently equipped gear has a score of 5596.998) Would you like to equip the optimized gear?"

Apparently I know something the Optimizer doesn't. I'll play around with it again when I have a version with current 3.1 changes. (Not interested in my BiS for live).

If my armor shows T2 legs, it's cus it hasn't updated since i've logged out. Plus T2 > all!
    All salutations to you.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

This site only gives Rawr 2.1.9
    How do i get the Rawr 2.20B and further ones that you guys are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by archaelies
    This site only gives Rawr 2.1.9
    How do i get the Rawr 2.20B and further ones that you guys are talking about?

http://rawr.codeplex.com/Release/Pro...eleaseId=22550

the little box in the right upper area links to the beta-releases.

3.1 Ret or Live Ret?

Depending on that answer, you'd get two different BiS set ups. Due to the addition of loot from Uldar and mechanic/talent/ability changes with 3.1.

I see a few of us are not certain on which to answer by. Some are claiming a gear set that gives them a high rating while using Rawr that is updated for 3.1. Others are posting the long favored BiS by Live standards.