New Daily Quest/Old World dungeon Idea

Underbelly Black-market Dealers

The underlying idea is to utilize old world instances without simply making them heroics, since Blizzard basically said "No" to that. Plus, this concept will not become obsolete with new expansions/levels/content as you are scaled back to the same level each time (more on this further down).

The dungeons will have to have some tweaking of the mobs HP and damage, but not nearly as much as would be required in creating a max level heroic for each one. A lot of the trash would probably have to be made non-elite to save on time, as some of those old world places could take hours to complete. This idea would have them taking less then an hour a piece.

· The quests send you into the past to find an item the Dealers want, but they only know that it was, at some point in the past, located within “X” dungeon and with “Z” individual; however, they don’t know where it is now.

· They will have their own new reputation.

· The trip into the past by unofficial means (aka not through the Bronze dragons) messes you up causing you to become weaker. Coincidently you are weakened to the point of matching the dungeons level

· 3 daily quests: 1 short mode quest that only has you doing part of an old world dungeon and 1 that has you doing the whole thing; the 3rd will be a random short or long quest

· Each dungeon will have several quests that have you going to them

· Bosses are not killed, but simply weakened to a point you can incapacitate them and the steal the item on interest. This makes it so Blizzard isn’t compelled to have to make new items for the boss to drop. Not 100% about this, but I think it might be the best way to go.

· The quests can be rewarded in 1 of 2 ways that I have thought of:

a) Simply rewarding gold, like other dailies. This is boring, but a tried and true method.

b) My preferred reward method. After completing the quest and you turn in the quest, you get the option of keeping the item or handing it over to the dealers. You can turn over the item and get a nice gold reward and get Dealer rep, or Keep the item and a small gold reward for trying to find the item (let’s say you tell them you “found out” the item was destroyed). You can them sell the item which will get you more total gold them just handing it over, but you will lose out on the rep.

Reason for wanting to keep the item and NOT sell it: most items are part of a collection. If you collect all the items, then you can sell it for triple the gold.

So there it is. I would let us visit the old world instances and get even more gold.

Re: New Daily Quest/Old World dungeon Idea

Last time I checked running BWL takes more time and coordination than running a wotlk heroic I say blizz just cuts down the number of people allowed in the oldschool raids and have a daily quest to kill the last boss in each dungeon that awards whatever the current 10 man raid token would be.
    !!!!!GOOD NEWS, EVERYBODY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onin
    Last time I checked running BWL takes more time and coordination than running a wotlk heroic I say blizz just cuts down the number of people allowed in the oldschool raids and have a daily quest to kill the last boss in each dungeon that awards whatever the current 10 man raid token would be.
    Omg yes! That would be awesome, they would be like hard mode 5-man heroics.
    If uve ever tried to 5-man twin emps/chromm/c'thun or even nefarian at 80 u'd know that it requires more skill/gear/coordination then any level 80 heroic

Quote Originally Posted by onin
    Sure, that would also be interesting. The Dealers could even have a 4th weekly quest to invade an old school raid for even bigger profits, though I don't think badges belong in this scenario.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Calmred
    Sure, that would also be interesting. The Dealers could even have a 4th weekly quest to invade an old school raid for even bigger profits, though I don't think badges belong in this scenario.
    theire harder than lvl 80 heroics.

lvl 80 heroics drop emblems.

i dont see why not
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Until they fix the problems from old world raids that they just left to rot, I'll pass. Tired of seeing people DC repeatedly, bosses bug, etc.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so