Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: We will still get owned by mages?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant
    That would be great if said mage picked up Arcane Shielding...
    Looks like that mage knows how to pvp.

Here's my armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...maul&n=Thantos

Ignore my low professions please :P oh and my arena defaults are at 1500, haven't done it in awile

molten armor gives not onle 3% critchanse, it also reductes chanse that crit land on you by 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    molten armor gives not onle 3% critchanse, it also reductes chanse that crit land on you by 5%
    Yeah, but he's a mage; it's kill or be killed. And he's wearing 0 resil. 5% crit reduction, or take 0 damage at all?

In all fairness it's so easy to rape priests as a mage, even the ones that dispel. So what if you dispel his nova, you are still having to play defensively while he chain casts frostbolts into you. He probably didn't even need to use coldsnap if the shit hit the fan. The thing that hurt the OP the most was not having silence.

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    Wow... I thought it was a complete 8 second silence.... seriously. Having holy keybinds can help me alot... I really could of bursted the mage down with a mind blast, and a SW. Dispelling its mana shield too.. All I used were Instant cast heals and attacks.... which is the reason the mage screwed me over. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Never had a problem against a mage until this day, and possibly never again now that I know.

Btw, sometimes, when I go to silence a mage, it "resists" it, anyone know why?
    Obvious retard is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivene
    Yeah, but he's a mage; it's kill or be killed. And he's wearing 0 resil. 5% crit reduction, or take 0 damage at all?
    resist reductes spdamage, not immunes it
    you just takes less damage, and if he picked up 80 res, he don';t need more than it
    my mage has 35% reflect chanse, frost mages have no chanse against me even if i have 0 resist
    80 resist i ate 3k damage from 8k frostbolt 120 - 4k

Quote Originally Posted by Bewbslól
    Obvious retard is obvious.
    Was going to make fun of your arena teams or something but they're actually pretty good lol... Think you'll be short of glad though.

15+ Year Old Account

Looks like you're using Flow of Knowledge and Sundial of the Exiled. Just as a fyi in case you didn't know the proc from either of those trinkets will activate the internal cooldown on both, thus I'm sure you can find a better trinket than Sundial of the Exiled to use with your Flow of Knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    resist reductes spdamage, not immunes it
    you just takes less damage, and if he picked up 80 res, he don';t need more than it
    my mage has 35% reflect chanse, frost mages have no chanse against me even if i have 0 resist
    80 resist i ate 3k damage from 8k frostbolt 120 - 4k
    There are full resists and partial resists. Resistances work in 15's. So having 18 resistance is the same as having 15. If he resists a shadow word death or w/e, he would completely resist it because there are no partial resists in pvp, only pve encounters. I would love to see 35% reflect chance, but you think you can count using frost shields / fire shields because shadow =/= fire or frost. 140 resistance > 80.

As bad of a priest as the OP is, he is using keybindings, everyone who's replied saying he isn't just is not looking close enough (although I still only see 2 things keybound; his dispel macro and his cure macro are keybound). Your pvp gear means nothing really when he's frost. He will crit you, 50% chance to crit while novad = gfg. The 8k crit is somewhat low, but that's where your resil. showed up and reduced the mages crit damage.

Summing it all up; you ate a shatter combo from a PvE geared mage and can't figure out why you took so much damage. l2dispel.

Counterspell is an 8 second interrupt of the school he caught you casting in, however improved counterspell also adds a 4 second silence to all schools.

Also the reason the mage would resist a Silence is because in the second tier mages have a talent that increases their spell resistance by 1 point per level, so a lvl 80 mage would have 80 to all resists. For the nub that said he's dumb for using mage armor, you sir are a moron, 3% crit as frost isn't much, because he's almost guaranteed a crit as frost anyway, and frost armor doesn't help against spells; while using mage armor he's sitting around 140 to all resists.
    Funny how you never mentioned that Mage Armor reduces the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against the mage by 50% (which is more important than res). If you wanna go "OMFG U MORON MAGE ARMOR > FROST ARMOR NUB", do it properly...

Yeah I didn't play my mage when they made that change so I didn't know about it... havn't logged on my mage in like 2 months.

Deleted

I must admit I have never had any trouble with mages as a Priest, never. Priests are fucking cake, especially as disc. Back to topic:
    If you know he pops all of his cooldowns, how bout you click disperse before the hits go in, instead of being scared to use a cooldown?
    2k+ icelance, looks to me like you were frozen. Wich priest is fucking frozen against a mage, if its not the initial pet burst, where you clicked dispersion?
    If you don't have silence, why do you even CLAIM to know how to PvP, and even dare QQ about loosing?

The list is longer, but this is an obvious L2P issue.
    ( Diden't bother reading all the troll post-feeding past page two. )

Quote Originally Posted by Flormelis
    I must admit I have never had any trouble with mages as a Priest, never. Priests are fucking cake, especially as disc. Back to topic:
    If you know he pops all of his cooldowns, how bout you click disperse before the hits go in, instead of being scared to use a cooldown?
    2k+ icelance, looks to me like you were frozen. Wich priest is fucking frozen against a mage, if its not the initial pet burst, where you clicked dispersion?
    If you don't have silence, why do you even CLAIM to know how to PvP, and even dare QQ about loosing?

The list is longer, but this is an obvious L2P issue.
    ( Diden't bother reading all the troll post-feeding past page two. )
    It was a Pet Nova (look at the combat log), and if the mage is using keybindings he could get a shatter combo off before the OP could dispel. (Takes really key timing of course but it is possible to do while the frostbolt is already in the air).

Deleted

Wich is where I told him to use Dispersion. L2read.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

It does not affect my pvp whatsoever, keybinds, or clicking a healing spell, what will that do, save me .1 second?
    Sigh
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

He is using it, but it's hard to use dispersion while stunned. (that's when I'd use trinket ofc)

But when he makes statements like "keybindings won't affect my reaction time at all" I kind of want to slap him.

Snaps, shouldn't of posted a screen shot. L2 Key Bind my ass. just stfu. Is that your solution to everything?

No, I do not have silence, but the point of this thread is to discuss if priests will have trouble against mages.

I killed the mage with my pve spec when I rezzed and attacked it first, all the other times, sheesh, not worth trying.

Don't give me this L2Play bullshit. Those people do not understand, they were not there. Yeah, L2 play when a mage in pve gear comes along and blows all Cd's and nukes me in my 700 resiliance gear.

Instead of doing that L2Play bullshit, How about you give me uppers on how to fight off frost mages?

Tell me step by step of what would you do if a mage came just like in the situation I had. Lets hear it. L2 back your shit up before you say L2Play
    OK, so you're saying when a Mage jumps you and pops all cooldowns he defeats you, but if you jump him in your PvE spec you defeat him?

Then guess what you should be doing if you want to win?

Yep, it's L2P.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Where the hell is this Frostfire Bolt you're all talking about?

Also, the strategy you listed only works on bad Mage. If you're CSing Shadow, you're doing something terribly wrong.

A Shadow Priest cannot kill a good Mage, period. If Mage Armor isn't an anti-Shadow Priest/Warlock ability, what is?
    Cleanse.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Yah, Priest (shadow) can't beat anyone with a remove magic (Currently, since next patch there's punishment for it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

He is using it, but it's hard to use dispersion while stunned. (that's when I'd use trinket ofc)

But when he makes statements like "keybindings won't affect my reaction time at all" I kind of want to slap him.
    "You disperse into pure Shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% mana every 1 sec for 6 sec. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced."

It really isn't that hard to use Dispersion while stunned.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

You say you don't need a PvP trinket and yet you get deep freeze on you repeatedly you say?

Frost mages have 70+ % crit chance when you're novad, learn to know when burst is incoming and what opponents various cooldowns are.
    Without silence you're not going to beat a competant full frost mage with elemental and all his cooldowns up.