Poll: good idea , usless, or OP??????

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

15+ Year Old Account

new priest idea that could help in pvp...

So im bord and came up with this idea.

so baskly a mix of pally Consecration and hunters frost trap...so u drop it like palys but it slows like hunters trap(maby does dmg or inc dmg taken)

i mean the idea could us some working ...like maby a cone that hits 40 yards so u can hit targets comeing at u with the slow
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

Re: new priest idea that could help in pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by crikk23
    So im bord and came up with this idea.

so baskly a mix of pally Consecration and hunters frost trap...so u drop it like palys but it slows like hunters trap(maby does dmg or inc dmg taken)

i mean the idea could us some working ...like maby a cone that hits 40 yards so u can hit targets comeing at u with the slow
    And then you become invincible, launch omglazers from the eyes and drop nuclear bombs?

with the glyph ...... yes

...bord...baskly...u...maby...comeing...
    maby anglish not first language? Or too lazzy to type proper English?

Either way terrible idea. Doesn't even really address shadow priest issues:
    1). fear is weaker than ever(after 3.1 change), especially with psychic horror change and loss of 30% damage reduction (shadow)
    2). fear on a relatively long cool down
    3). dispersion is a PVE ability given a PVP Utility (modified evocation anyone?)
    4). hard to escape melee
    5). DoT protection

Now in 3.1 they are addressing points 4 and 5 fairly well for shadow, and for disc through glyphs. Here are some ideas that actually would help priests in PVP:

Shorten fear cool down
    Leave cool down how it is but add old psychic horror effect to the base of the spell
    Put silence higher in the shadow tree with a shorter effect (silences for 2 seconds) and improve it further down in the tree with improved psychic scream.
    Make dispersion not silence the caster, and/or have any other worth while effect while taking 90% less dmg. It is not an immunity bubble so maybe have it break snares but you can still be silenced but not interrupted.
    Heal dispel protection for renew/prom/shield (restore mana, instantly apply heal effect, haste for next spell, mana reduction for next spell, etc)

wow lol conc and frost trap? lol have you ever played a priest before? obviously an AoE would save us.. l2useholynova.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dominada
    maby anglish not first language? Or too lazzy to type proper English?

1). fear is weaker than ever(after 3.1 change), especially with psychic horror change and loss of 30% damage reduction (shadow)
    3). dispersion is a PVE ability given a PVP Utility (modified evocation anyone?)
    4). hard to escape melee
    5). DoT protection

Now in 3.1 they are addressing points 4 and 5 fairly well for shadow, and for disc through glyphs. Here are some ideas that actually would help priests in PVP:

Shorten fear cool down
    Leave cool down how it is but add old psychic horror effect to the base of the spell
    Put silence higher in the shadow tree with a shorter effect (silences for 2 seconds) and improve it further down in the tree with improved psychic scream.
    Make dispersion not silence the caster, and/or have any other worth while effect while taking 90% less dmg. It is not an immunity bubble so maybe have it break snares but you can still be silenced but not interrupted.
    Heal dispel protection for renew/prom/shield (restore mana, instantly apply heal effect, haste for next spell, mana reduction for next spell, etc)
    A. didn't see to many miss spells.(tho i have yet to go to sleep)

B. y would this not help agents melee?

C. just random idea's.

D. lets see u come up with better spell in like 5 sec ...(never sayed i thot it all threw it's just a starter idea)

and to paow...what? 1. holynova usless as dmg aoe 2. didnt say aoe dmg...its for anti melee(mindfly does not work so good when there alredy in melee range and fear on CD AND blackout not going to be there after patch)
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

A. didn't see to many miss spells.(tho i have yet to go to sleep)

B. y would this not help agents melee?

C. just random idea's.

D. lets see u come up with better spell in like 5 sec ...(never sayed i thot it all threw it's just a starter idea)

and to paow...what? 1. holynova usless as dmg aoe 2. didnt say aoe dmg...its for anti melee(mindfly does not work so good when there alredy in melee range and fear on CD AND blackout not going to be there after patch)
    A. I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about in the slightest here.

B. Because like mass dispel, its clunky and painful to use/target an aoe spell in the midst of being beaten on. Chances are if you're in melee range you're probably slowed, so they'd still beat the hell out of you since they would be going the same speed as ya.

C. Gotta think of what our key problems are, as Dominada vividly described(with the addition of the fact that we virtually have no burst dmg other than mb+swd) We don't need another unnessasary spell *cough*divine hymn*end cough* We need improvements to existing ones.

D. OH and I totally agree Will of the Forsaken should be brought back to its 5 second immunity effect.

So I’m board and came up with this idea.
    So basically a mix of pally Consecration and a hunter’s frost trap. You drop it like Paladin, but it slows like hunters trap (maybe does damage or increase damage taken).
    Nifty idea, but I’d also like a Paladin bubble, MS effect, a sustained pet, mind numbing poison, totems, etc.....

Priests don't need new spells and gimmicks imo. Blizzard just needs to tone down other classes (melee). They know the problems but refuse to address them, stating that they don't want to go back to S3/S4 when arena matches were 20-30 minutes long. I understand this argument, but I don't agree with it. I didn't like excessively long matches but winning meant something, not just WOOT I 3 shot that Priest GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominada
    4). hard to escape melee
    5). DoT protection
    He never stated it was a "Shadow Priest" spell.

Yes fear gets hit hard this patch with psychic horror and breaks easier.

Fear is not on a long cooldown or even "relatively long cooldown". 23-27 second cc cooldown that lasts for 8 seconds is awesome. Problem is that it’s too easy to get out of and it’s our only stable cc (new psychic horror for shadow in 3.1 but that’s just shadow and 2 minute cooldown).

Dispersion argument I'm not going to argue since I haven't played pvp shadow since dispersion was available. My assumptions are if DoTs had more protection it would help Dispersion alot.

Improved Shadowform is for getting away from melee. It’s not an "I win button" but it’s something. My assumptions are most people forget about fade since in PvE it’s not used anymore. Since I've been playing fade has never been really a pvp spell.

DoT protection is HUGE. I LOL at Shadow Priest in wrath because of this (I’m Holy 95% of the time). Good Shadow Priest will try and Manaburn me, but I just Shadowmeld and equip my pve gear if it isn't equipped already and then laugh. IMO Shadow Priests should have more than what they are getting on 3.1 in this area. The Damage is nice if it’s dispelled, but classes that dispel can also heal. I would like to see it also silence them or disorient or something to make it a consequence like UA.

Form a Priest Healers PoV they just aren't getting it. In arenas we are forced to wear resilience gear (which I'm ok with) but with that gear even if you do survive with excellent peals and good playing you will be oom. I'm not in full deadly gear so it might be alot better fully decked out but I doubt it (I'm mostly Hateful with a few deadly pieces). Disc is alot more mana efficient in PvP than Holy and it baffles me :. It's to the point in BG's that I don't equip my PvP gear since I will be oom in a minute or so. Most classes I can handle fine w/o this gear, but I get 2 shot by rogues and feral druids. Honestly if Blizz wants to nerf mana regen like this in PvP gear then it should also affect rage, energy, and runic power regeneration.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond
    Good Shadow Priest will try and Manaburn me, but I just Shadowmeld and equip my pve gear if it isn't equipped already and then laugh.
    My opponent will try and change his gear to pve (for regen I suppose), but I just tell him "you can't change armors once an arena match starts" and then laugh. :P
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    My opponent will try and change his gear to pve (for regen I suppose), but I just tell him "you can't change armors once an arena match starts" and then laugh. :P
    I don't arena much and want referring to it in arena. And how often do u see Shadow Priests in Arena anyways :

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond
    I don't arena much and want referring to it in arena. And how often do u see Shadow Priests in Arena anyways :
    I see them all the time!

Because I am one :P
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I now think that shadow priests have better dot protection than affliction warlocks and here is why. All of our dots have protection, and an affliction locks protection only comes from one spell being on the target. I still dispel before Unstable Affliction is applied, and after it wears off. With a shadow priest you may not dispel at all because you are just giving them mana back, or doing damage to the target.

Actually, only one of our DoTs has protection, VT. The rest have no negative effects if you dispel them, they just return mana to you. And Unstable Affliction does a lot more damage when dispelled than VT, and silences the person who dispelled it so you have time to reapply it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    And then you become invincible, launch omglazers from the eyes and drop nuclear bombs?
    lol

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com