Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Looking for my Ideal raidframes please help

So here is the deal I need a raidframe

#1 that shows actual icons for buffs/debuffs "not the little dot in the corner crap like grid"
    #2 has built in range checker
    #3 has a Vertical bar layout
    #4 has plenty of customization options

Simply put I want something exactly like healbot only without being forced to use mouseclicks to cast my spells, because I would much rather use a mouseover macro and cast the spells from my keyboard.

Oh and if by some chance there is a raidframe that has mouseover targeting built in that would be awesome.

Re: Looking for my Ideal raidframes please help

I use mouseover macros just fine with Healbot and Bartender4. Just keybind your mouseover macros to what ever buttons you want.

It sounds like you want Pitbull.

Pitbull has one major flaw. It takes the better part of a day to set up, because frankly, configuring it is a major PITA.
    But once you learn the config system, you can pretty much configure it to look exactly how you want it to.

#1 buffs / debuffs view is very nice with pitbull once you get it going. I personally have the raid set up with all priest buffs visible as microscopic icons just below the lower left corner of the frame. If anyone is missing a buff, I'll notice immediately, and I can still see which buffs are visible. For debuffs, I separated them into the important and the unimportant. Important debuffs, like the Kel'Tuzad ice tomb, is shown on my frames as large icons covering the better part of the raidframe; impossible to miss. Really makes ice-tomb-healing easy. Unimportant debuffs I've simply placed at the lower right corner of the screen where they reside if I want to do something about it or just need the information.

Pitbull 3 comes with a debuff scheme which allows you to determine which buffs are important or not. It's a bit clunky though. There is a new version of pitbull out in alpha quality, Pitbull 4. I'm currently using it, but the visual heal addon is still a bit broken :P So go with Pitbull 3. but pitbull 4 has a really really powerful buff filtering system.

#2, range checker, is automatically built into pitbull, and you can toggle it as you see fit. Units out of 40yds range turns transparent, adjustable as you see fit.

#3, Vertical, horisontal... textured, backgrounds... in whatever layout and order you see fit.

#4 Too much! As I said, it takes a full day to set it up. At least. Pitbull 4 really really helps on the setup-time, but it's not really release quality yet. But if you want configurable unit frames, you can't go wrong with this one.

As for mouseover targetting, you can (and should) do this with macros:

/cast [target=mouseover] Flash Heal
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Silentrage
    #1 that shows actual icons for buffs/debuffs "not the little dot in the corner crap like grid" -GridSideIndicator does
    #2 has built in range checker -Already inside Grid
    #3 has a Vertical bar layout - Grid has Vertical/Orizontal layout, so.
    #4 has plenty of customization options -Grid.
    You sir, better knowing better how to customize your own Grid, rather than saying that Grid is crap because you don't know how to download GridIndicatorSideIcons and GridAlert, before starting to whine it.

I have to agree with Izenhart,

I suggest you go check all the options you can set.
    Atm i have mana bars enabled and some corner "crap" for aggro, receiving healing, weakend soul and hots.

For Diseases and dispellable magic debuffs i use icons. As for the raid layout
    i generally sort by class. Makes its easier for me too see if a clothie needs emergency healing ;D

And it has range check standard.

So you might wanna read how it works before you bash it

Quote Originally Posted by Silentrage
    #1 that shows actual icons for buffs/debuffs "not the little dot in the corner crap like grid"
    #1 - My Grid does that, you apparently failed to set it up correctly.
    #2 - Grid have that.
    #3 - Grid have that as well.
    #4 - Que?

While Grid can do all that, I currently have Pitbull 4, and love it a lot more. It took me AGES to set it up, so don't install it just before a raid or anything.

Why bother running a beta addon? Also, You need to install InstantHeal to use pitbull for serious raid healing.

So I very much prefer Grid, where it's build in.

I'm not heal spec'd but even I use Grid, and it does all that as you can see: (Grid is lower right, next to meters)

If I want to see the full list of buffs or debuffs on a target, all I do is mouse-over either the target or that person's Grid frame and as shown on screenshot, my tooltip shows them. Saves LOTS of screen space, shows incoming heals, buff/debuff icons, built in range, etc. You can make the grid frames bigger/wider to display more buffs/debuffs etc, but I just like it compact.

Another sample:

You can see range (out of range = grayed out), incoming heals (green text), debuff icon (that icon is for curse, I think), etc.

However bottom line: It's all personal preference. If you prefer to attach stuff into your main raid frames, then go for it

What is that UI u r using?? I really like it!! ^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Why bother running a beta addon? Also, You need to install InstantHeal to use pitbull for serious raid healing.

So I very much prefer Grid, where it's build in.
    Pitbull 3 is not beta nor does it need/use instant health since last year or so. Built in feature, like with any other serious addon

But I will give you that Pitbull3 is a PITA to set up
    yeah yeah. Call me awkward. Just didn't like they grid layout/cornerdots scheme much
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Vexione
    I'm not heal spec'd but even I use Grid, and it does all that as you can see: (Grid is lower right, next to meters)

If I want to see the full list of buffs or debuffs on a target, all I do is mouse-over either the target or that person's Grid frame and as shown on screenshot, my tooltip shows them. Saves LOTS of screen space, shows incoming heals, buff/debuff icons, built in range, etc. You can make the grid frames bigger/wider to display more buffs/debuffs etc, but I just like it compact.

Another sample:

You can see range (out of range = grayed out), incoming heals (green text), debuff icon (that icon is for curse, I think), etc.

However bottom line: It's all personal preference. If you prefer to attach stuff into your main raid frames, then go for it
    woooah damn this is good, what are u using for the action bar? and the frames are pit bull right?

I may be wrong but the action bars looks like Bartender4 Bars with button facade and a max white gloss on them.

I highly prefer Healbot as a healer. Grid is nice with a clean layout and easy to read, but Healbot offers different skins (great for coming from a 10-man dropping into a 40 wg match) that are all customizable (however not sure about the verticle bars) and shows much more than Grid including aggro. I have not seen Grid show aggro status (or atleast one that can be seen) or buff status offering easy gimp buffs to a recent rezs, or an easy way to quickly customize (gotta go deep into cascading menus and/or jump to different mods/modules).

Healbot all the way, however I would like to see Healbot offer a cleaner layout like Grid. But w/e I'll live with it for an incredibly great healing mod.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuseason
    I highly prefer Healbot as a healer. Grid is nice with a clean layout and easy to read, but Healbot offers different skins (great for coming from a 10-man dropping into a 40 wg match) that are all customizable (however not sure about the verticle bars) and shows much more than Grid including aggro. I have not seen Grid show aggro status (or atleast one that can be seen) or buff status offering easy gimp buffs to a recent rezs, or an easy way to quickly customize (gotta go deep into cascading menus and/or jump to different mods/modules).

Healbot all the way, however I would like to see Healbot offer a cleaner layout like Grid. But w/e I'll live with it for an incredibly great healing mod.
    Grid doesn't quite show aggro status, but it does show who's targetted (great for random things the boss shoves at random raid members.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Pitbull 3 is not beta nor does it need/use instant health since last year or so. Built in feature, like with any other serious addon
    Pitbull 4 is beta. Learn to read please.

And InstantHeal is definitive not build in my (updated) Pitbull 3. I experience quite a difference in Grid and Pitbull update speed.

And that was while outhealing Twilight Torment on Sartharion 3D (10man), so fast updates of information were a must. My Pitbull were lacking severe behind Grid.

But I will give you that Pitbull3 is a PITA to set up
    yeah yeah. Call me awkward. Just didn't like they grid layout/cornerdots scheme much
    I'm part of the UI modders of the forum, and done some heavy mods with Pitbull. I don't find it the slightest complicated to set up, it just takes a hour or two to learn how.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Grid doesn't quite show aggro status, but it does show who's targetted (great for random things the boss shoves at random raid members.
    You can actually configure it to use LibThreat as a border :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zeuseason

Grid has layout for 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 man raid WITH Pets also.

GridIndicatorSideIcons allows you to have 6 different icons on the selected player frame, monitoring Buffs, Debuffs, Incoming Heals, Aggro, etc.
    As I said on the 1st page, people just need to know how to use Grid, unfortunately you do not know how to

STOP WITH THE GOD DAMN COLOUR MADNESS, MY EYES ARE BURNING.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    STOP WITH THE GOD DAMN COLOUR MADNESS, MY EYES ARE BURNING.
    Buy a pair of glasses.
    (And a new capslock button).

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Buy a pair of glasses.
    (And a new capslock button).
    He's probably wearing 3-D glasses xD Who uses 3-D glasses to browse MMO-C? ;D